Are you looking for ways to bypass the iPhone carrier lock? This specific protocol is quite annoying, especially when you want to switch your carrier.
So, how to unlock the iPhone carrier lock? Simply follow my post as I have listed the most fruitful solutions to unlocking iPhone carrier restrictions.
Additionally, in case you enter the wrong screen passcode too many times, resulting in disabling your iPhone, then do not worry! I have learned that there are four proven ways you can access the device without entering the actual passcode.
Follow this comprehensive to use your iPhone again!
Situation 1: How to Unlock an iPhone to be Used with a Different Carrier?
I was annoyed by the expensive plans offered by my iPhone carrier, and it is when I decided to bypass the carrier lock.
Generally, it is a popular method used by people to get a better deal on the monthly plans from a different carrier.
It especially helped me as I travel sporadically to places where my original carrier fails to work. Another advantage of unlocking the iPhone carrier limit is that the device sells at a reasonable value.
How To Know If Your iPhone Is Locked Or Unlocked?
There are three ways to learn whether your iPhone is carrier-locked or not! Check out the list below:
- Through the iPhone Settings
There is information available on the Settings menu of the iPhone related to the carrier lock. You can follow the steps listed below to learn the details:
- From the iPhone Settings, select Mobile data/Cellular option.
- Now, tap on Mobile data options/Cellular data option.
- There, if you can view the Mobile data network/Cellular data network tab, then fortunately, the iPhone is unlocked, or else it is locked.
You must possess two SIM cards of different carriers to check whether the iPhone is locked or not. Here is how I verified the carrier lock info:
- First, you have to call from your current SIM number. Do not cut it. Let it pass through fully.
- Afterward, switch off the iPhone, and instantly remove that SIM card.
- Next, add another carrier’s SIM into your device, and switch it on.
- Make a call from the new number. If the call does not pass through, then your device is carrier locked.
Another useful way to check the carrier lock information is by asking your present carrier’s customer support representative.
2 Most Reliable Methods to Unlock iPhone Carrier (Suitable for All iPhone Models)
I tested two equally effective techniques to unlock iPhone carrier limits on different models (iPhone 8 and iPhone 13). Both reaped the desired results. Check them out!
Method 1: Contact your Carrier
There are four prominent cell phone carriers in the United States. You can contact the service you are using to remove the carrier lock on the iPhone.
Here is how:
There are manual and automatic ways to unlock the carrier lock if you are using AT&T.
To do the task manually, dial 06 to call the customer service and submit a request. Otherwise, copy the iPhone IMEI number from the Settings, and go to the AT&T Unlock Portal to enter the number and unlock the phone.
If you are a T-Mobile user, then try calling the customer support service on 877-746-0909. Ask the representative to unlock the iPhone.
For Sprint users, you need to call on 888-211-4727 to access the customer care and request them to remove the carrier lock.
Try dialing *611 or 800-922-0204, if you have Verizon to contact their support team. Request them to lift the carrier restrictions.
Method 2: Unlock iPhone Carrier with SIM Unlock Chip
SIM unlock chips are used to unlock an iPhone so that it can be used with any SIM card. It does so by coupling the iPhone to the radio frequency chip of whichever SIM card is inserted - thereby controlling traffic flow between the two devices.
This allows customers to use an unlocked smartphone on any network they wish and not be effectively "locked into" one particular carrier. The cost of SIM Unlock Chip nowadays is around $20-$30, and it is available for purchase on the internet.
I have listed the steps on how you can apply this technique to unlock your iPhone:
- After purchasing the iPhone SIM Unlock Chip, insert it into the device’s sim card tray and place it on top of your current SIM card.
- Copy the SIM Code, and edit ICCID. The 18-22 digit code is generally available in the back of the SIM card.
- Once all is set and done, reboot your iPhone, and the carrier lock will be lifted.
Situation 2: How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone if forgot the passcode?
Apple automatically disables the iOS device once you enter the wrong passcode continuously for 7 times. This protocol is placed to ensure the user’s security is not compromised.
It is quite annoying, frankly, and you have to reset your iPhone completely to enable it again. This means all of your data is gone for good(unless you have backed it up on iCloud).
Method 1: Unlock a Disabled iPhone without iTunes via Mobitrix LockAway
The iPhone password unlocker Mobitrix LockAway is a professional program that offers total privacy protection while unlocking the iPhone when you disable it after forgetting the passcode.
The user-friendly interface will guide you throughout the unlocking process, and you will be back to using the iPhone within 20 minutes(extremely fast).
Mobitrix LockAway is handy in case:
- You have forgotten the iPhone screen Passcode.
- You have a second hand iPhone and do not know the original screen passcode.
- You receive the “iPhone is disabled try again in X minute/connect to iTunes” message.
- The Face/Touch ID feature does not work unresponsive.
If you're tired of reading text guide, you can check the following video guide.
- Download and Install Mobitrix LockAway on your system(Windows or Mac)
- click Unlock Screen Passcode.
- Next, select the “Start” to remove the forgotten iPhone Passcode.
- The iPhone is now unlocked. Restart it to access it now!
Unlock screen passcode home
Unlock screen passcode product
Unlock screen passcode unlock is complete
In case you have created a backup of your lost data, then it is possible to access it on the iPhone once Mobitrix LockAway completes its job. Otherwise, select the “Don’t transfer apps & data” option while setting up the device.
Method 2: Unlock a Disabled iPhone via Erase iPhone Option without computer
If your iPhone is running or iOS 15.2 or newer, then you can bypass the locked iPhone issue without even using a PC. This “Erase iPhone” option appears on the lock screen once you continually enter the incorrect screen passcode 7 times on your iOS device, disabling it. It is important to know that using this solution will erase your data along with the passcode.
- The Feature is only available on iPhones with iOS 15.2 or later.
- Find My App has to be switched on before forgetting the passcode.
- The iPhone must be connected to a working internet connection(WiFi/Mobile Data).
- You should know the Apple ID password of the disabled iPhone
- After entering the wrong passcode 7 times, the following message will appear on the screen.“Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes”
- On the bottom of the notification, tap on “Erase iPhone.”
- On the bottom-right corner, tap on “Erase iPhone” and enter the Apple ID Password to sign out.
- The restoration process will begin once the white Apple logo appears on the iPhone screen. As soon as the device restarts, understand that the process has finished.
Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes
Security lockout click erase iphone
Sign out of apple id interface
Showing the progress of the erase
Method 3: Unlock a Disabled iPhone via Find My (icloud.com)
Find My is a super handy app for finding lost or misplaced iOS devices. But Find My also serves another function which is the Erase feature that lets you remove all the files and information on your iPhone in case you disabled it after forgetting the passcode, stolen, or missing.
- The iPhone should be connected to a network.
- The Find My feature should have been enabled.
- The disabled iPhone hasn’t been logged out of the iCloud account.
- You must know the Apple ID & Password used on the disabled iPhone.
- Start with opening iCloud.com on any device. Next, login to the platform using the same Apple ID and Password used on the disabled or lost iPhone.
- Now, click on Find iPhone
- On the Find My window, provide the Apple ID Password once again and before tap on Sign in
- Click the All Devices tab and choose your locked iPhone from the list.
- On the pop-up box, click on Erase iPhone and next, tap on Erase which will confirm the action.
- Once again provide your Apple ID Password.
- Enter your phone number, and press Next
- Finally, the factory reset will start. Once done, restart the iPhone, and after entering your Apple ID details, create a new screen passcode. Make sure to remember this one!
Enter your apple id and password
Click Find iPhone
Enter your Apple ID password
Click all device and choose your device
Click erase iphone
Enter the password to continue
Note: An SMS with secret code will be sent to a trusted device. Note it down!
Enter your phone number
Method 4: Bypass a Disabled iPhone via iTunes
Besides offering the Apple users an opportunity to download music and watch videos, there is another dimension to the handiness of iTunes. Well, the tool provides the means for you to reset the disabled iPhone with its built-in “Restore” feature.
However, if the Find My app is activated on the diabled iPhone, you have to enter the Apple ID details for this iTunes solution to work. Yet, this will delete the data from your iPhone.
- iTunes must be installed on the Windows(with Windows 8 or later) or Mac system.
- A compatible USB cable is necessary for this method.
- To start, you need to switch off your disabled iPhone.
- Now, put the device in Recovery Mode by:
- Press and hold both the Side button and the Volume Down button until the Power off slider appears(if you are using iPhone 8 or later).
- Press and hold the Side button until the Power off slider appears(if you have iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, or iPhone 6).
- Press and hold the Top button until the Power off slider appears(if the locked device is iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 5s, or earlier)
See the recovery mode screen
The iphone that requires it to be updated or restored
All of your media and other data will be erased
Note: In case the software downloading takes more than 30 minutes, or your device automatically exits the Recovery Mode, re-apply the steps mentioned above. Or you can download the software manually.
iPhone software update
click this icon to check the download process
It does not matter if you have an iPhone with carrier lock on, as with the solutions I have mentioned in this blog, you can quickly be able to bypass it.
If before unlocking the carrier lock, you have accidentally disabled the iOS device by entering the wrong passcode frequently, then try using Mobitrix LockAway in unlocking the iPhone without passcode in 20 mins. It is incredibly easy!