Have you lost or forgotten your Apple ID password? Maybe you bought a used Apple device or haven't used your gadget for so long that you forgot the password. If you did, you must be wondering how to find your Apple ID password.
Well, this is the place to find out. This article is a detailed guide on finding your Apple ID password, even if you are non-tech savvy. Keep reading.
Forgot your Apple ID password? Erase it with Mobitrix LockAway!
- If you forgot your Apple ID password, Mobitrix LockAway could help you erase The existing Apple ID from your device.
- Once you have erased it, you can log into your device via a different Apple ID.
- This tool is fast, reliable, and the ultimate solution for all your forgotten Apple ID password issues.
Fix 1: Use Apple Safari to Find Apple ID Password
iCloud Keychain is Apple's password manager. It lets you keep your passwords synced on all your devices and auto-fills this information when using Safari. This function remembers these details, so you don't have to.
Steps on iPhone/iPad
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Search "Autofill", then click Autofill Passwords.
- Enter your device passcode.
- Check if your Apple ID is available and choose it, then tap Password. You will then be able to find your Apple ID password.
Steps on the Mac
- On your Mac, launch Safari.
- From Safari's menu, select Preferences, then click Passwords.
- Log in with your Touch ID or input your user account password. Alternatively, if you have an Apple Watch running on watchOS 6 or later, you can use it to authenticate your password.
- You can then choose any website to see its stored password.
- Tap on Edit if you wish to edit a password. To delete, tap Delete Password. To update a password, edit the password, then tap Save.
Find Apple Id Password On Your Mac
Alternatively, you may use your regular browsers, such as Google, to check the password. This method works because some browsers automatically save the password when you sign in to Apple services like iCloud.
Fix 2: View Saved Apple ID Password in Settings
- Click on Settings and choose Passwords. If you are using iOS 13 or earlier versions, select Passwords & Accounts, then click Websites and App Passwords.
- Use your Touch ID or Face ID when prompted or input your passcode.
- Select a website to view its associated password.
View Your Saved Apple ID Password in Settings
View Your Saved Apple ID Password in Settings
If you wish to update a password, click Edit.
To delete a password, click Delete Password.
If you cannot view your password via Safari or the Settings app on your device, you can turn to Siri or your Mac's Apple menu. Siri and the Apple menu let you view your password in the same manner as in the two ways above.
Fix 3: Use Siri to Find Your Saved Apple ID Password
- Launch Siri.
- You can then use Siri to check your password by saying, "Hey Siri, show my passwords." Alternatively, you can ask Siri to show you a specific password. For example, "Hey Siri, what is my Apple ID password?"
Fix 4: Find Apple ID Password via System Preferences on Your Mac
- Select the Apple menu, then go to System Preferences.
- Tap Passwords.
- Log in with your Touch ID or your user account password. If you have an Apple Watch running on watchOS 6 or later, you can use it to authenticate your password.
- You can then choose any website to see its associated password.
- If you wish to edit a password, click Edit, then tap Delete Password to erase the password. You can also update a password by changing it and clicking Save.
Saved Password on Your Mac
Way 1: How to Reset Apple ID Password in Settings on iPhone/iPad
You can access two-factor authentication via the settings app to reset your Apple ID password. This method is convenient and does not require installing any new apps.
- Open Settings, then click on your name.
- Scroll down and select Sign out, then tap Forgot Password?
- Input your trusted phone number. You will receive a verification code on the trusted phone number.
- Enter the verification code.
- Enter your passcode or enter your old passcode for the iPhone/iPad. (This depends on whether you have turned on the screen passcode).
- Enter a new Apple ID password and enter it again to confirm the password.
Click "Don't have an Apple ID or forgot Apple ID?"
Way 2: How to Reset Your Apple ID Password via the Apple Support App if Forgotten
Apple Support is an exclusive software that provides online technical support and services under Apple. The app personalizes Apple ID accounts and uses 2FA to reset the Apple ID password the same way as in settings.
- Download the Apple Support app from the Apple store and run it.
- Go to Passwords & Security and tap on Reset Apple ID password, then tap Get Started.
- Click on A different Apple ID, then tap Continue.
- Input the Apple ID whose password you need to reset.
- Enter the trusted phone number and tap Next in the upper right corner.
- You will receive a verification code on the phone number. Enter the code.
- Input the screen lock passcode of the device once prompted.
- Enter a new Apple ID password and enter it again to confirm it.
Using Apple Support App to Reset Apple ID Password
Tips for way 1 & way 2:
- If you have not installed the Apple Support app, you can download it from the Apple Store using any Apple ID and follow the steps above.
- You will be stuck if you do not have access to the trusted device or phone number or have forgotten the device passcode you are required to enter. Alternatively, you will see the Account Recovery option (more on this later).
Way 3: How to Reset Your Apple ID Password Using iforgot.apple.com on Any Web Browser
iforgot.apple.com is a domain name created by Apple to offer account recovery options to Apple users. It lets you recover your Apple ID account by allowing you to reset the forgotten Apple ID password.
- Open https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid
- Enter your Apple ID, then enter the trusted phone number associated with your Apple ID online.
- You will see a Reset Password pop-up notification. Click Allow.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on your device. Depending on your previous settings, you may be asked to provide your device passcode, recovery key, etc.
- Enter a new Apple ID password and enter it again to confirm it.
Enter Your Apple ID
Tips for way 3:
- You will have to restart the process if you accidentally exit the web page or click back.
- You may be required to answer your security questions or receive an email if you have not enabled the two-factor authentication or two-step verification.
Way 4 Contact Your Account Recovery Contact
Account recovery contact is a new feature introduced by iOS 15. It helps you reset your Apple ID password if you cannot access your trusted device or phone number. Your account recovery contacts come in handy if you have set them up.
These steps are to be followed on your Recovery contact's device. The Recovery Contact will receive a Recovery Code after following the steps. Ask them to share this code with you. You can then use it to reset the Apple ID password.
On iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 or later:
- Open the Settings app and click on their name.
- Tap on Password & Security, then go to Account Recovery.
- Click on the name that needs the Recovery Code.
- Tap on "Get Recovery Code." Ask your contact to share the code with you once you are ready.
Using Recovery Contact on iPhone or iPad
On Mac with macOS Monterey or later:
- Open the Apple menu, go to System Preferences and click on Apple ID.
- Click on the Password & Security option under the name.
- Tap on the Manage icon next to Account Recovery.
- Find the name that needs the Recovery Code under Account Recovery For.
- Tap on Details, then Get Recovery Code. Ask your contact to share the code with you once you are ready.
Using Recovery Contact to Reset Apple ID password on Mac
You can regain your account and data access by entering the recovery code into your device.
- You must have enabled this feature on your device before you lost the password.
- The feature is only available on iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey(12.0).
- You must be in touch with your Account Recovery Contact.
Way 5: Request Account Recovery via the Device’s Settings
You can follow these steps on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Open the Settings app, click on your name, then slide to the bottom and tap " Sign out.
- You will be asked to provide your Apple ID password to close Find My. Click Forgot Password? If you did not sign in with your Apple ID during setup, open Settings, and tap Sign in to your (device), then tap Don't have an Apple ID or forgot it?
- You will be prompted to input your screen passcode.
- Tap on Forgot the passcode?
- Provide your trusted phone number and click next.
- You will receive a verification code to the trusted phone number. Enter the code.
- You will then be required to enter your screen passcode.
- Click on Start Account Recovery and follow the on-screen instructions.
Click Don't have an Apple ID or forgot it?
Way 6: Request Account Recovery via Web
Apple has a website known as iforgot.com. You can use it to reset your Apple ID when you forget it.
- Go to the Apple ID account page. (https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid ).
- Provide the Apple ID email address of the forgotten password and click Continue.
- Provide the phone number you use with your Apple ID. (You will see the last two digits of the phone number. If you don't remember the number, You can use the two digits to confirm). Click Continue.
- On the web page, click on Don't have access to your iPhone?
- Tap "Can't use any of these options?" on the page.
- You will see a message saying, Without an Apple device, you will have to wait to reset your password.
- Click Continue anyway on the web page.
- You will receive a verification code on your trusted phone number. Enter the code.
- Enter the verification code and tap Continue.
- You will come across, "Thank you. We'll send you an update soon". This message means the account recovery process has begun.
Click Continue Anyway
If you did not get the verification code, click Resend Text or Call me. Alternatively, go to More options.
Enter the code sent to your email.
If you no longer use this number, enter the code sent to your email address.
- If you have turned on the "recovery key," you cannot request Account Recovery.
- If you use iforgot.apple.com on your device's browser to submit your account recovery request, avoid using that device during this period. Using it could cancel account recovery.
- To avoid delays, switch off other devices signed in to using your Apple ID until the account recovery process is done.
- You will be able to see how long you will have to wait before your account is ready or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and provide your Apple ID.
- If you remember your password and can sign in successfully, your wait period automatically cancels. You can then use your Apple ID immediately.
- If you are not the one who made a recovery request, you can cancel it by following the instructions in your email confirmation.
Way 7 Remove Apple ID Password via Mobitrix LockAway
Mobitrix LockAway is a dedicated iPhone/iPad unlocking software. This tool can help erase your Apple ID and password from your device without the password. You can then log in via a different Apple ID and access your device.
- Download and install Mobitrix LockAway.
- Select Unlock Apple ID, then connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer.
- Click Start to begin removing the Apple ID.
- The procedure will remove your Apple ID password alongside the Apple ID. You can then use a new Apple ID to sign in.
Mobitrix-LockAway: Unlock Apple ID
Mobitrix-LockAway: Click Start
Why choose Mobitrix LockAway?:
- Mobitrix LockAway is fast and removes your Apple ID within 30 minutes.
- It is easy to use and only requires a few simple clicks. There are no technical steps.
- It has a 99% success rate, which is a high success rate.
Scenarios when you may use Mobitrix LockAway:
- You purchased a second-hand iPhone/iPad, but the previous owner did not sign out of their Apple ID.
- You own an iPhone/iPad that you haven't used for a long time, causing you to forget its Apple ID account information.
- Your Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.
You should consider securing your Apple ID password to avoid losing access to your account. Apple provides various ways to achieve this.
Part 4: How To Secure Your Apple ID and Password?
- Use a strong Apple ID password.
Your password should have eight or more characters consisting of upper and lowercase letters and at least one number. You may add extra characters and punctuation marks to strengthen it further.
- Use two-factor authentication to protect your account
Set up 2FA for your Apple ID to create an extra layer of security for your account. This also eliminates the need for security questions.
- Keep your trusted device, phone number, and recovery key safe. This ensures you can easily reset your Apple ID password if you forget it.
- Regularly change your passwords and avoid reusing old passwords.
- Avoid phishing scams.
Don't open links from suspicious emails or text messages. You should also avoid providing personal information on websites you are not certain are legitimate. Also, learn how to identify phishing attempts.
- Update your Apple ID
If you abandon an email address or phone number associated with your Apple ID, update your Apple ID with current information as soon as possible.
- Avoid sharing your Apple ID with others.
If you are using a public computer, sign out once your session is complete to prevent other people from accessing your account.
Forgetting the Apple ID password can lock you out of key Apple services. Fortunately for you, this article has shown how you find your Apple ID password.
If you cannot retrieve it, you can turn to Mobitrix LockAway to erase the Apple ID and password. The tool comes in handy and lets you regain access to your device in no time. What are you waiting for? Use Mobitrix LockAway today!