At times, you may purchase an iPhone, and you find the iPhone is blacklisted. How to activate a blacklisted iPhone? The why and how you can activate the blacklisted iPhone will be covered in this article. So, stick around to learn how to activate a blacklisted iPhone.
Part 1: What is an iPhone Blacklisted?
A blacklisted iPhone is due to various reasons, such as if the iPhone has been reported as lost, stolen, or has a pending unpaid bill. With the iPhone being blacklisted, you can’t use it with any wireless carrier until the iPhone is removed from the blacklist.
What is a blacklist? It refers to a shared database designed to help carriers address theft and identity of the users iPhone when lost or stolen. Blacklist works based on the unique IMEI number of the iPhone, making it easy to track the iPhone when stolen or lost.
Part 2: Why is my iPhone blacklisted?
Your iPhone being blacklisted can be due to the following reasons:
- When your carrier marks your iPhone as lost or stolen, it will be blacklisted.
- When the iPhone is associated with fraud activities.
- Apple immediately backlists the device when an iPhone gets stolen from a warehouse, a shop, or in transit.
- If you misplace an insured iPhone and it gets replaced, the IMEI associated with the lost iPhone gets blacklisted.
- If you have an outstanding bill or instalment plan with your carrier from whom you bought the iPhone, they can blacklist it for you to clear your bill.
Now that you know why your iPhone is blacklisted let’s go ahead and find out how to activate a blacklisted iPhone.
Part 3: How to Activate a Blacklisted iPhone
To unlock your backlisted iPhone, various methods can be used.
1. Contact your Carrier
The number one option to try to activate a blacklisted iPhone is to contact your original carrier and inquire about why the iPhone is blacklisted. If the iPhone has been blacklisted over the pending bill, you need to clear them to regain your iPhone by having the carrier remove your iPhone from the blacklist.
Support Apple Official Pic
2. Unlock Devices Affected by iCloud Activation Lock
How to activate a blacklisted iPhone by contacting your carrier works for limited users. However, if you want to activate your blacklisted iPhone, try the LockAway tool regardless of the situation.
The best way to quickly activate a blacklisted iPhone is by removing its iCloud activation lock. To do this, you need to use LockAway.
To activate your blacklisted iPhone in the most recommended way, follow the quick steps below:
- Download and install LockAway.
- Open LockAway and click “Start.”
- Jailbreak the iPhone using the on-screen instructions.
- To remove the iCloud activation lock, click the “Start” option.
Once the process completes, your blacklisted iPhone will have been activated.
Here’s why you need to use LockAway:
- LockAway activates your backlisted iPhone without using any password.
- The steps to activate a backlisted iPhone using LockAway are straightforward.
- . Once the iPhone is activated, you can set your new Apple ID to enjoy and purchase items even on the iTunes Store.
- LockAway has a user-friendly interface and guarantees success in activating your iPhone.
3. How to Activate a Blacklisted iPhone using DirectUnlocks
If the iPhone is marked as lost or stolen, you can use DirectUnlocks to activate it. DirectUnlocks is a safe and secure organization that offers unlocking a blacklisted phone, both iOS and Android.
To use DirectUnlocks to activate a blacklisted iPhone:
- Visit the DirectUnlocks website.
- Select the country and the network your iPhone is connected to.
- Enter the IMEI of the blacklisted iPhone.
- Select the model of the iPhone, then click “Continue.”
- Once you make your payment, the company will start the activating process for your blacklisted iPhone
Disadvantages of using DirectUnlocks:
- The unlocking process takes an entire day, 24 hours.
- It doesn’t guarantee success in activating your iPhone.
Why use a long and unguaranteed method while you can use the best and recommended way? Try LockAway today.
4. Replace the IMEI Chip of the Blacklisted iPhone
At times, just replacing the IMEI chip of the backlisted iPhone can activate it. However, using this method has its limitations. For one, it’s outdated and complicated. It only works for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. Plus, finding a clean IMEI chip is difficult. Alternatively, just use the LockAway tool for quick and effective activating of a blacklisted iPhone.
replace ime chip
5. Reach Out to the Seller
How to activate a blacklisted iPhone can also be done by contacting the previous owner of the iPhone. Unfortunately, this is an unreliable method as it’s not every day that they will pick your call, especially if they had issues with the iPhone before selling it to you.
However, if you are successful, or if the iPhone was purchased on eBay, you can get a refund and instead acquire a non-blacklisted iPhone.
Having a blacklisted iPhone doesn’t completely render it unusable. Using the methods discussed in this article, you can easily activate a blacklisted iPhone. If you need to activate the blacklisted iPhone by removing the iCloud activation lock, the recommended way, use the LockAway tool.
How to activate a blacklisted iPhone can be tricky, but with LockAway, all this is simplified. Try LockAway today, and activate your blacklisted iPhone.