Have you forgotten your iPhone passcode or has your device been disabled? Or do you want to unlock your iphone 12 carrier to change to a new network provider? This article will help you unlock your iPhone 12 in many different ways. Like unlocking your iPhone 12 if it is disabled due to a wrong passcode as well as unlocking your iPhone 12 carrier. This guide will fix these 2 problems, whether your phone is an iPhone 12/12 pro max/ 12 Mini.
How to Unlock iPhone 12 When You Forgot the Screen Passcode?
Method 1 Unlock iPhone 12 without passcode via an iOS 15.2 Trick
iOS 15.2 finally adds the ability to erase and reset an iPhone or iPad without having to connect it to a Mac or PC in case you forget the device unlock code. It's hard to recover your old iPhone models through this method since old models don’t support iOS 15.2.
Requirements for using this method:
- Make sure you are running iOS 12 or later on your device.
- You've already used your Apple ID to log in. (You won't see this screen with the "Erase iPhone/iPad" option if you didn't check in with your Apple ID before your iPhone/iPad was locked).
- Make sure that "Find My" is already enabled on your iPhone.
- You must be familiar with your Apple ID password.
- An active internet connection or Wi-Fi network is necessary for this method.
How to use the "Erase iPhone" option to unlock your locked device?
A step-by-step guide
- First, try multiple incorrect password attempts. An Apple Security Lockout mode will show on the screen. After numerous failed attempts to unlock an iPhone, the message "iPhone unavailable" will usually appear. The "Security Lock" screen will appear after that.
- "Erase iPhone" will show up on the screen if your smartphone is already in Safe Lock Mode.
- Now click on "Erase iPhone" from the menu. It will inform you that your device is locked and that you must either input the proper password later or wipe it. Simply select "Erase iPhone."
- Here you'll be asked to enter the password associated with your Apple ID.
- Your iPhone will restart automatically. The white Apple logo on the locked iPhone will display the progress.
- Let the process be completed. Once it is done, your iPhone will automatically restart.
Note: If the device cannot connect to Wi-F-fi or cellular network then the Apple id authorization step will fail and the device will not be able to be erased.
Also, the "Erase iPhone" option is only available for a few iOS versions and iPhone models. According to user comments, most of the time, this option is not accessible on some iPhone models.
Method 2 Bypass iPhone 12 Passcode via Mobitrix LockAway
Mobitrix LockAway is a professional unlocking tool that ensures privacy protection. If you have forgotten your iPhone password, you can recover your iPhone within 20 minutes. One thing which I like most is that it is very user-friendly and doesn’t require any techniques. The steps involved are easy to follow and are not complicated.
You may need it when:
- You bought a used iPhone.
- You have forgotten your iPhone screen passcode.
- "iPhone is disabled try again in X minute/ connect to iTunes” because of too many wrong attempts.
- Your iPhone screen is shattered.
- Your face/touch ID doesn't exactly match.
Steps on how to use Mobitrix LockAway
- Get Mobitrix LockAway and install it.
- In the main menu, select "Unlock Screen Passcode".
- To erase the iPhone passcode, click Start. After that, the Keyfile will be automatically discovered.
- Get the Keyfile package and extract it.
- After the Keyfile has been successfully downloaded, click "Start to Extract."
- When the extraction is finished, click Start Unlock.
- Wait until the unlocking process is finished.
Unlock screen passcode home
Unlock screen passcode product
Unlock screen passcode download and verify keyfile
Unlock screen passcode firmware has been downloaded
Unlock screen passcode extraction complete
Unlock screen passcode unlock is complete
Why Do I Recommend Mobitrix LockAway?
li> This method doesn’t require iTunes.
- It takes around 20 minutes to unlock. So it’s a better option. If you need to get something done quickly,
- This tool is very easy to use. Even non-technical users who have never tried such things can easily unlock their devices.
- It keeps your data safe and your privacy secure.
- It is compatible with iPhone 5s-iPhone 14, as well as iOS 12/13/14/15/16 and beyond.
Method 3 Unlock Disabled iPhone 12 without a passcode via iTunes
iTunes is used to sync your data from different devices. However, it is also used to troubleshoot your iOS device by updating or restoring it. When you update your iOS, its settings and data aren’t removed, but most of the time, this method fails to fix your issue. While restoring your iPhone via iTunes erases All of your media and other data on your iPhone, including passcode, contacts, notes, calendars, messages, and all your iPhone settings.
A step-by-step guide
- First, turn off your iPhone 12 by holding down the side and volume down buttons together until the power off slider displays.
- Plug your iPhone into the computer with a USB cord and press and quickly release the volume up button, then press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the power button until you see a USB cable and a computer icon on your iPhone screen. It is in recovery mode.
- When you open iTunes, you will see a popup saying, "There is a problem with the iPhone "iPhone" that requires it to be updated or restored". Now you will see two options: Update or Restore, select Restore.
- Tap again Restore and Update.
- Now you will see a window appearing "iPhone Software Update". Here, click on Next and then tap on Agree.
- Once the “ iPhone software update” is downloaded, iTunes will pop up “iTunes will erase and restore your iPhone to ios 11 and will verify the restore with Apple. ” Then click Restore.
- You can see the restoration progress with the help of a bar appearing on your iPhone 12 screen. Once it's completed, your iPhone will automatically restart. Now you can set a new password for your device.
See the recovery mode screen
The iphone that requires it to be updated or restored
All of your media and other data will be erased
click this icon to check the download process
Method 4 How to unlock iPhone 12 without passcode via Find My (icloud.com)
Find My feature allows us to find or lock iOS (and Mac OS) devices when they are lost or stolen. "Find My iPhone" requires iOS 5 (or higher) (Mac OS X 10.5 or higher on Mac). If "Find My iPhone" is installed on your device, we can use this feature for the following functions:
- Find your device on a map;
- Ring your phone;
- Erase your device.
Its erase option allows us to unlock iPhone by resetting it without changing its iOS version. However, you will lose all the data, including settings and media files.
- To erase your locked iPhone, you must enable Find My Phone.
- The locked iPhone hasn’t logged out of the iCloud account.
- The command will only be executed when the device is connected to the internet, so your device must be connected to the internet, whether it is Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- This method requires your Apple ID and password.
A step-by-step guide
- First, go to the official site at iCloud.com.
- Put your Apple ID and password in the given boxes.
- After successfully logging in, select "Find iPhone," then re-enter your Apple ID password and click on the Sign in tab.
- Here, after clicking on "All Devices," select yours.
- Now finally tap on Erase iPhone.
- Here you'll get a popup that says, "Erase this iPhone?" Select Erase.'
- Now you will receive a verification code on your other device. Put it in to continue the process.
- Here, put your phone number and tap on Next.
- Now the process will be started. You will see a white Apple logo appear on your screen.
- Wait until it's finished. Your iPhone will restart. Swipe up to go to the screen where you can reset your iPhone. The message "iPhone locked to owner" will appear on your iPhone. Enter your Apple ID and password when you see this message. Now you'll be able to create a new passcode.
Enter your apple id and password
Click Find iPhone
Enter your Apple ID password
Click all device and choose your device
Click erase iphone
Two factor authentication
Enter your phone number
How to Unlock iPhone 12 Carrier
How to check if your iPhone is locked by a carrier?
There are three different ways to check your iPhone if it is carrier-locked.
- First, go to Settings and tap on General.
- Now click on About.
- Now look for Carrier Lock towards the bottom of the page. If it says No SIM restrictions, your iPhone is unlocked, and you can use any carrier or cell service according to your desire.
Using a SIM card
- Hold the Power button down to turn off your iPhone.
- Remove the SIM card that is currently in your iPhone.
- Now insert a second SIM card from another carrier and turn on your iPhone.
- Check to see if the new SIM card is compatible with your iPhone.
- Try making a call with the new SIM card to see if it works.
- Your iPhone will be unlocked if you make the phone call successfully. If you weren't able to make the call, your iPhone is dead.
Contact the carrier
Contact your carrier if your device is locked. But make sure you are paying the installments and have fulfilled the requirements set by your carrier.
It may take several days to unlock your device through this method.
2 Most Reliable Methods to unlock iPhone carrier (Suitable for All iPhone Models)
Method 1 Contact your carrier
- First, go to settings and tap on General.
- Tap on About and locate your iPhone IMEI number by scrolling down.
- Go to the AT & T device unlock a portal and put in your iPhone's IMEI number and follow the instructions to unlock.
Note: AT & T now allows you to unlock your iPhone after only six months of service. For further information, call 06, which is AT & T's customer support number.
- First, log in to your T-Mobile account using a web browser.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, click the Account symbol.
- Choose a service line from the options provided.
- Tap on Device>Check Unlock Status to see if your device is unlocked.
- If it says it's locked, dial *6 or 877-746-0909 for help.
To unlock your iPhone (for a prepaid account), you must have at least $100 in your account. Also, make sure in the previous 12 months, no more than two unlock requests were made.
Call Sprint. If you or your iPhone is still under contract, they will demand you to pay off the balance before they will release the code. However, because Sprint is now owned by T-Mobile, don't be shocked if your call is answered by a T-Mobile representative.
- Make sure that no debt or installment is pending.
- Your iPhone should never be reported as stolen or lost.
- If you wish to unlock your iPhone internationally, your iPhone must have been connected to Sprint’s network for at least 90 days, and domestic unlocking must be connected for 50 days.
To unlock the smartphone, call Sprint customer service at 888-211-472
Follow these procedures to unlock your Verizon Sim card:
- Wait for 60 days. After 60 days, your Verizon phone will be automatically unlocked.
- Your iPhone should not be marked as stolen or lost.
- If it doesn't lift off the lock automatically, you should contact at 8611 or make a call at 800-922-0204 for further assistance.
Method 2 Unlock iPhone Carrier with SIM Unlock Chip
Many mobile phone carriers lock the phones sold under contract or on a payment plan because they want to make it difficult for you to unlock a handset like this.
But when you use an unlocked chip, it changes the ICCID and unlocks the locked carrier. Most of the time, it’s a 20-digit code. It fits in your iPhone sim tray and works with your SIM card to allow your iPhone to detect it even if the locked carrier is different.
Sim unlocking chips are easily available on the internet. These are inexpensive, costing between $20 and $30. It's also safe to use and even legal if you have paid the installments set by your carrier.
A step-by-step guide.
- Place the unlock chip in the same slot as the SIM card you're trying to use.
- After a few seconds, a screen will appear. Click "Edit ICCID."
- Click "accept" after entering the new ICCID Code.
- Power down your phone.
- At this point, your phone is unlocked and ready to use.
- Make sure the phone you're trying to unlock is running the most recent version of iOS.
- Connect your phone to the internet before attempting to unlock it.
- After unlocking, leave the SIM card on the phone.
In this article, I will show you how to unlock your iPhone if it is disabled or if your iPhone is carrier-locked. You can choose different methods to get your iPhone fixed. But I think Mobitrix LockAway is the only option through which you can unlock your iPhone without any data loss in a few simple steps. Compared to other ways like iCloud and Find My iPhone, you need some technical knowledge if you want to unlock your iPhone.