- To unlock the iPhone passcode, you can try iTunes, LockAway, iCloud, Siri and an iOS 15.2 trick.
- You can then restore your data and settings from backup if you have after unlocking iPhone passcode.
- iPhonePass developed by Mobitrix can unlock your iPhone passcode without data loss.
Passcodes are a great way to keep your data safe and protected at all times. But it can be troublesome if you forgot your iPhone passcode, especially when you are in an emergency.
In this article, you will learn how to unlock the iPhone passcode in 5 proven ways. As an ex-Apple technician, I have been a saviour of many people and know the ways at my fingertips. It isn’t that difficult, trust me. Even if you have no technical background, I assure you it would be easy to follow.
Part 1: How to Unlock the iPhone Passcode with the help of a computer
Method 1: Forgot iPhone Passcode? Use Mobitrix Lockaway to unlock without iTunes - The Fastest and Labour-saving Solution
Mobitrix LockAway is a professional unlocking software for iPhone/iPad. It can remove your forgotten passcode within 20 minutes. The Mobitrix R&D team has over ten years of experience in iOS cracking with the utmost security and privacy protection.
With Mobitrix Lockaway, you can remove all types of your iPhone/iPad screen passcode, i.e., 4 to 6 digital passcode, Touch ID (fingerprint ID), Face ID, and even alphanumeric passcode.
It works like a magic when you encounter the following situations:
- Your iPhone is disabled after too many incorrect attempts and shows “iPhone is disabled, try again in X minutes/connect to iTunes.”
- You got a second hand iPhone
- Your iPhone Face ID/Touch ID isn’t working precisely
- Your iPhone screen is cracked/broken
- Your iPhone functions are restricted
Here is a step-by-step text guide. If you’re tired of reading the text guide, check the following video tutorial directly.
- Download Download and Install Mobitrix LockAway
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Click “Unlock Screen Passcode” in the main menu
- Click “Start” to remove iPhone Passcode.
- Unlock is complete.
Unlock screen passcode home
Unlock screen passcode product
Unlock screen passcode unlock is complete
- No need to use iTunes
- Works on both Windows and Mac PC
- Easy to follow in a few steps
- 99% high success rate
- Sure and fast shot completed within 20 minutes
- Assures 100% privacy protection
- Supports iPhone 5s-iPhone 14 and iOS 12/13/14/15/16 and later
Method 2: Unlock iPhone Passcode via iTunes Recovery Mode
What is Recovery Mode? It is a built-in troubleshooting mode that can put iPhone into a state where iTunes (or Finder) can detect it and then restore it.
You need to connect your iPhone to your Windows or MAC PC using a USB cable.
When using a Windows PC:
- It should be Windows 8 or later and have the latest updated iTunes downloaded.
When using a Mac PC:
- If it has macOS Catalina or newer, open the Finder
- If it has macOS Mojave or older, install or update the latest version of iTunes
1. Connect iPhone to the computer
Connect your iPhone to your computer via lightning cable or USB cable.
2. Put your iPhone in recovery mode
To enter a Recovery Mode, you need to press a series of buttons on your iPhone. Doing so, you will see a recovery mode screen on your iPhone. Check the following steps:
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): Press and release the volume up button. Press and release the volume down button. Press and hold the side button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the top (or side) and volume down button at the same time until the recovery screen appears.
- iPhone SE (1st generation) and iPhone 6s: Press and hold the home button and the top (or side) button at the same time until the recovery mode screen appears.
3. Restore your iPhone
- Open iTunes, and a dialogue box appears with the message “There is a problem with the iPhone “iPhone” that requires it to be updated or restored.” Click on Restore.
- It then says, “Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone to its factory settings? All of your media and other data will be erased”. Click on Restore and Update.
- Next, “iPhone software update” will pop up. Click Next and then click Agree on the terms and conditions. iTunes will start downloading the software and restore your iPhone when the download is complete.
- You can click this icon to check the download process. The download time varies from about 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on your internet speed and download source.
- When the “ iPhone software update” is downloaded, iTunes will pop up “iTunes will erase and restore your iPhone to iOS 15.4.1 and will verify the restore with Apple. ” Click on Restore.
- The above-middle bar will show “Extracting software…”. It means iOS 15.4.1 iTunes is preparing to restore the software on this iPhone.
- Your iPhone will show the restore progress bar with the white apple logo. The length of the restoration depends on the amount of data on your iPhone (usually, it takes 20 mins to 2h). When the restoration is finished, your iPhone will restart automatically. And iTunes will show the following message.
- After your iPhone restarts, you can reset your phone. You can create a new passcode if you want.
The iphone that requires it to be updated or restored
All of your media and other data will be erased
See the recovery mode screen
Preparing to restore the software on this iphone
iPhone software update
click this icon to check the download process
Part 2: How to Unlock the Passcode without a computer
Method 1: Use the “Erase iPhone” option to unlock the iPhone passcode without computer
You are luckier if your iPhone is updated to iOS 15.2 or later. You won’t have to enter the recovery mode and follow the tedious process.
In iPhone iOS 15.2 or later, you will get a “Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes” screen if you enter the wrong password seven times. You may also see the ‘Erase iPhone” option in some iPhone models’ bottom right corner of the screen. This can erase your iPhone and unlock it without the help of Windows or Mac.
Requirements for using this method:
- Valid on iOS 15.2 or later
- Make use of a cellular data network or Wi-Fi
- Know your Apple ID and password
- Apple ID should be already signed in
- Find My should be enabled
- After entering the wrong screen passcode 7 times in a row, you should see “Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes” on your iPhone screen. ‘Erase iPhone’ option should also be visible on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on Erase iPhone.
- The screen will show ‘Erase All Content & Settings” Tap on Erase iPhone again.
- Next, enter your Apple ID password to sign out when it shows “Sign out of Apple ID.”
- The iPhone with start the factory resetting then. An Apple logo with a white progress bar will show the progress of the process.
- The iPhone will automatically restart after the process.
- You can now start to set it up from scratch. Click on Continue to set the passcode of your choice.
Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes
Security lockout click erase iphone
Sign out of apple id interface
Showing the progress of the erase
Method 2: Use Find My iPhone to bypass the iPhone passcode
The basic function of Find My iPhone is to locate your lost and stolen devices. But except for the location-related functions, it also has an “Erase it with ease” function to unlock your iPhone passcodes if you forgot them. It allows you to erase your iPhone data including your passcode remotely
For this, you can visit iCloud.com on the computer or mobile browser. If you do not have your computer nearby, you can borrow a device from your friends or family members to access it.
- Find My must be enabled on the locked iPhone
- The iCloud account should be logged in on the locked iPhone
- The locked iPhone should be connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or a cellular network
- You must know/remember your Apple ID and password.
- Open iCloud.com on mobile or web browser.
- Enter your Apple ID and password as asked.
- After successful login, click on Find My and enter your Apple ID and password again. Click on Sign In.
- Choose your locked device under the All Devices section
- Click on Erase iPhone. Click on Erase again after the confirmation prompt.
- Enter your Apple ID password to continue.
- A verification code will be sent to your trusted device. Enter the code to continue.
- You may be asked to enter your mobile number. Click on Next> Done.
- The iCloud will display “Erase Started”, and you can see the Apple logo with a white progress bar visible on your locked iPhone. After a successful erase process, your iPhone will restart.
- Swipe up the iPhone and reset the iPhone.
- iPhone will show ‘iPhone locked to owner”. You need to re-enter your Apple ID and password at this stage and click on Next. You will now be allowed to create your new passcode.
Enter your apple id and password
Click Find iPhone
Enter your Apple ID password
Click all device and choose your device
Click erase iphone
Enter the password to continue
Two factor authentication
Enter your phone number
Method 3: Use Siri to unlock iPhone passcode
Due to the iOS security hole, you can bypass your iPhone screen passcode without data loss using Siri if your iPhone running on iOS version 8.0 to iOS 10.1. To activate Siri, you can either press and hold the home button or face the iPhone screen and say ‘Hey Siri.’
- Only available for iPhones with iOS version 8.0 to iOS 10.1
- voice assistant should be activated
- locked iPhone should be connected to the internet to activate Siri
- Press and hold the home button of your locked iPhone and say ‘Hey Siri’ to wake her up.
- Now, you have to ask a trick question to Siri like “Siri, what time it is?” or “Siri, what time is it in Canada”? This will allow Siri to world clock widget on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Take advantage of this widget and tap on the world clock icon (yes, it’s tap-able). Now, tap on the + icon on the top right corner to add the clock feature to the display.
- When a new clock is added, you will have the option to share the new clock feature.
- Click on the share button and Choose the Message option. You do not have to write a message. Just add something random in the ‘To’ field.
- Now, add Siri to create a new contact by tapping on the new or + icon. Siri will open the New Contact interface with details like adding a first name, photo, etc.
- Use this to add the photo from the photo library. Tap on ‘Add Photo’ and it will open the photo library for you. Tap on Choose Photo. In this process, Siri will unlock the iPhone and will allow you to choose a photo.
- Once the photo library is open, tap on the home button or return button to return to the unlock screen from where you can access the Settings icon.
- Once you open your settings, you can now take advantage and update your credentials. This may work by choosing to create a Face ID instead of a passcode to unlock your device.
Step 2 – This will open the world clock. Just click on the + sign in the upper right corner of the screen to add a new clock.
click on the + icon
I've covered 5 ways to unlock your iPhone passcode with and without a computer, including Mobitrix LockAway, iTunes Recovery Mode, “Erase iPhone” option, Find My iPhone and Siri.
But if you are looking for an easy and time-saving method to unlock your iPhone passcode, Mobitrix LockAway is a perfect choice. Give it a try today and you won’t regret it!