Are you wondering how to unlock your iPhone without the passcode? Or how to unlock it from a carrier lock? Both scenarios can be troublesome, but they are easy to resolve. Asking how? This post is a comprehensive guide on unlocking your iPhone without a passcode and from a carrier lock. It provides easy-to-follow steps suitable even for non-tech savvy people. Want to learn? Let's get into it.
How to Unlock an iPhone for Use with a Different Carrier
The Benefits of Unlocking iPhone Carrier
- It enables you to choose a different network provider with a cheaper plan
- If you travel to an area where your old carrier is unavailable, you can switch to another. Switching allows you to avoid expensive international roaming charges.
- Unlocking your iPhone carrier enables you to opt for short-term plans. Alternatively, you can get a prepaid GSM SIM.
- You can sell your old iPhone for a better price if it is unlocked.
Note: Is it legal to unlock my iPhone?
It is perfectly legal to unlock your iPhone as long as you have fulfilled your service contract and paid off your plan.
How to Check if Your iPhone is Locked by a Carrier？
There are three ways to check if your iPhone is carrier-locked, i.e., by using your SIM card, through settings, or by contacting the carrier.
- Using the SIM Card
To use this method, you must have an extra SIM card from a different carrier to yours.
- Place a call from your current SIM card and let it go through
- Next, turn off your iPhone
- Use an ejector tool to eject the current SIM card
- Insert the extra SIM from a different network provider
- Switch on your iPhone
- Place another call and check if it goes through
If the call doesn't connect, your device is carrier-locked. If it goes through, your device is unlocked since a SIM from a different carrier works on your iPhone.
- Through Settings
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Mobile data, then go to Mobile data options. Alternatively, tap on Cellular, then go to Cellular data options.
- Look for the Mobile data network (or Cellular data network) option.
- If you can see it, your iPhone is unlocked. If you can't see this option, your iPhone is locked.
- By Contacting the Carrier (Network Provider)
You can contact your carrier to find out if your iPhone is carrier-locked. Before they can clarify, they may need to know your iPhone's specific make, model, and serial number.
What You Need to Unlock your iPhone Carrier
Before you can unlock your iPhone, it has to be a legitimate device. Legitimate means it should not have been reported lost or stolen. You must also settle your payment plan or fulfill your contract with the carrier. Most providers will also require your account to have been active for a specific number of days. In addition, you may have to factory reset your iPhone before it can recognize the new network.
Contact your Carrier to Unlock your Device for Free
To unlock an AT&T SIM, you should have had your iPhone for at least 60 days. (If the device is on AT&T's prepaid service, it must have been active for at least six months). You will also need your IMEI number.
- To retrieve your IMEI number, go to Settings, tap on General, and then click About. Alternatively, call *#06#.
- Next, go to AT&T's device unlock page online.
- Find and select Unlock your device and submit your request.
Once AT&T approves your request, you will receive an email with customized on-screen instructions. While such an email often includes an unlock code, AT&T says the code is not necessary for iPhones.
Before you can unlock a Sprint carrier lock, you must have used your iPhone for at least 40 days. Your device should also be able to perform a Sim Unlock.
If your iPhone fulfills Sprint's unlock requirements, it might be unlocked already. The network provider states that it automatically unlocks a device within two days after eligibility. If your iPhone is eligible but still locked, contact Sprint's customer care on 888-211-4727.
Your device must have been active for at least 40 days to be eligible for a T-Mobile device unlock. If you qualify, contact T-Mobile's customer care at (877) 746-0909 to get your device unlocking code. The service provider will then unlock your device remotely within two days. You should note that T-Mobile only lets you request two unlock codes per line of service each year.
Verizon's unlock process is probably the easiest since you don't have to do anything. Both postpaid and prepaid customers will have their iPhones automatically unlocked after 60 days. If this does not happen, dial *611 on your device or call their customer care on 800-922-0204.
How to Check if My iPhone is Unlocked Successfully?
The best and easiest way to check if your iPhone is unlocked is by inserting a SIM card from a different network. Begin by powering down your iPhone and ejecting your current SIM card. You should then insert the card from another carrier, turn on your iPhone and try to make a call. If the call connects, your device is unlocked.
Once your Carrier has Confirmed that your iPhone is Unlocked, take the following steps:
If you own a SIM card from another carrier that is not your current carrier, follow the steps below to complete unlocking your iPhone:
- Eject your SIM card
- Slot in the new SIM. Your iPhone will activate.
If you do not own a SIM from a different carrier, take the following steps to complete unlocking your iPhone:
- Take a back of your iPhone's contents
- Erase your iPhone after backing up successfully
- Restore your device from the backup.
How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone Without the Passcode?
Method 1: Unlock Your Disabled iPhone via Mobitrix LockAway without iTunes
Mobitrix LockAway is a dedicated iPhone unlocking software that provides an easy mechanism to unlock your iPhone within 20 minutes. It lets you regain access to your iPhone by removing the forgotten passcode.
The R&D team of Mobitrix LockAway has over ten years of experience in iOS cracking. Their expertise ensures you have 100% privacy and protection when using this tool. In addition, LockAway is easy to operate and does not need any technical knowledge.
Scenarios when you can use Mobitrix LockAway:
- You are unable to remember your iPhone passcode
- Multiple incorrect attempts have led to "iPhone is disabled try again in X minutes/ connect to iTunes."
- You acquired a used iPhone
- The Face/Touch ID on your iPhone doesn't work precisely
- You have a cracked iPhone screen
- Download Download and install Mobitrix LockAway on your computer
- Go to the main menu and click "Unlock Screen Passcode"
- Tap Start to remove the iPhone passcode.
- The unlocking procedure is complete !
Unlock screen passcode home
Unlock screen passcode product
Mobitrix LockAway - Unlock Screen Passcode - Unlock is complete
Method 2: Unlock a Disabled iPhone via iOS 15.2 Trick without Computer
The iOS 15.2 unlocking trick entails using the "Erase iPhone" option. This option is found on a locked device's "Security Lockout " or "iPhone Unavailable" screen. It can be seen at the bottom-right of the lockout screen in iPhones running on iOS 15.2 or later.
The "Erase iPhone" option lets you erase all your device's contents without a computer. It deletes all the data on your iPhone, including the password locking you out. Removing the passcode lets you access your iPhone and set it up as a new device.
Requirements before unlocking iPhone via this method:
- The locked iPhone must be operating iOS 15.2 or later
- You are logged into the locked iPhone with your Apple ID. If you aren’t signed in, you are unlikely to see the "Erase iPhone" interface.
- Find My was enabled before the iPhone was locked
- You should know your Apple ID password
- The disabled iPhone should have an internet connection.
- You will need to enter the wrong passcode seven times. After the 7th incorrect consecutive attempt, you will come across an "iPhone unavailable try again in 15 minutes' interface. Alternatively, you may see the "Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes" interface. You will find the "Erase iPhone" option on the bottom-right corner of this interface.
- Click Erase iPhone
- Click Erase iPhone again. You will be redirected to a "Sign out of Apple ID" interface. Input your Apple ID password to erase your iPhone.
- Your locked device will display the erase progress and a white Apple logo.
- The iPhone will automatically restart once the procedure is through
Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes
Security lockout click erase iphone
Sign out of apple id interface
Method 3: Fix "iPhone Disabled" Error via Find My
Find My is the ideal app for location-related matters. It can help you locate a misplaced or stolen iPhone easily. But, aside from its location-related features, it also has an "Erase it with ease" option.
This option provides you with an easy way to reset your locked iPhone. It erases all your data and settings, including the passcode. Once the passcode is erased, you can access your device and set it up as a new device.
Note: Erase iPhone only deletes your data and settings. It doesn't change your iOS version.
Requirements before using Find My:
- You must have enabled Find My on your device before it got locked
- The locked iPhone is still signed in to your iCloud account
- The locked iPhone has an active internet connection, either Wifi or cellular.
- You should know your Apple ID & password.
Situation 1: Via iCloud.com to Erase an iPhone Without the Passcode
- Go to icloud.com using any browser, whether PC or cellular
- Input your Apple ID and password
- Once you are logged in successfully, click Find iPhone, input your Apple ID once more, and tap Sign in.
- Find and click All Devices, then select yours.
- Tap Erase iPhone. You will see a prompt asking Erase iPhone, click Erase.
- Provide your Apple ID password to move to the next stage.
- You will receive a verification code via message on your trusted device. Enter this code to proceed.
- Enter your phone number and click Next.
- The iCloud page will show you an Erase Started notification. The locked iPhone will also show the erase progress and the white Apple logo.
- Once the procedure is done, your iPhone will restart automatically. Swipe to go to your device's reset screen. Your iPhone will display an iPhone Locked To Owner message. Enter your Apple ID and password when you see this message. Click Next and proceed to make a new passcode.
Click Find iPhone
Click all device and choose your device
Click erase iphone
Situation 2: Via Find My iPhone App to Erase an iPhone Without the Passcode
If you have access to another Apple device or someone around you owns an iOS. You can use that device to erase your locked iPhone from the Find My app.
- Open the "Find my iPhone" app on any iOS device
- Enter your Apple ID and password to log into your account. This account must be the one that is linked to the locked iPhone.
- On the devices list, select your locked iPhone.
- You will be able to see its current location and other options
- Tap the "Action" button and choose "Erase iPhone". Confirm your decision again. Your iPhone will then be erased remotely.
- What to do when you see the message "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"?
- Is it better to buy unlocked iPhones?
An iPhone says a SIM card is not supported if it is carrier-locked. The message means that you have inserted a SIM card from a different carrier to the one it's locked to. You must contact your network provider and ask them to unlock your iPhone. Before calling the carrier, ensure your device is eligible for unlocking.
Yes. It is better to buy an unlocked iPhone. While the initial cost of a locked one is slightly cheaper, you pay more in the long run. Locked iPhones come with hidden charges. These include specific tariffs and plans and a lock-in period. Since you cannot switch SIM cards, you must endure expensive call rates when traveling.
Whether it's a carrier lock or a passcode lockout, the inability to freely access your device can be frustrating. But, this article has shown various methods to unlock these locks. If you are experiencing or come across such a situation, this article should be a resourceful guide in resolving it.
Amongst these methods, using Mobitrix LockAway is faster and more efficient. The tool is designed to be the ultimate solution for passcode locks. Give it a try today!