This is the most comprehensive list of step-by-step methods to restore an iPhone from backup.
In this guide, you will get access to the three most effective methods that anyone can follow even if they don’t have a technical background.
The best part? I have answered some hot FAQs related to restoring an iPhone from the backup that will help you on your restoring journey.
How to Check Backups in iCloud for Restoring?
Regularly backing up your data is a good practice as you don’t get in much trouble later if any mishap occurs. But how do you know when the last backup was made? Follow these steps and check your last iCloud backup.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone and click on your name to open your profile.
- Locate the iCloud tab and click to open it.
- Tap ‘iCloud backup.’ You can see the time when the last backup was made.
How to check iCloud backup
How to Restore Your iPhone From an iCloud Backup?
With the above-listed steps, you made sure you have a backup. But how do you actually restore that iCloud backup and get access to your data? Here is the step-by-step procedure to restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup.
- Open your iPhone’s settings and go to general.
- Click on Reset and select ‘Erase all content and settings
- Confirm your action by entering your Apple ID and password.
- Set your iPhone when it restarts by following the on-screen prompts.
- After setup, select Restore from iCloud when you see the Apps and Data screen.
- Sign in to your Apple account with your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the code received on your mail or another trusted device
- Enter your lock-screen password on your iPhone to confirm your identity
- Choose a backup and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
How to restore iCloud backup
How to Restore Your iPhone From a Backup on Your Computer?
Restoring from iCloud is an official method by Apple. But in case you are unable to restore from iCloud or want to try other methods, you can also restore a backup on your computer. Restoring backup on a computer comes with two options. Whether you want to restore on PC or Mac, here are steps to both.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Open the iTunes app and choose your iPhone from the list.
- Go to Summary and select ‘Restore Backup’
- Wait for iTunes to complete restoring your iPhone.
How to restore iTunes backup
To restore a backup on Mac, you must be upgraded to MacOS Catalina.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Launch Finder and select your iPhone from the list.
- Tap ‘Manage Backup’ and select ‘Restore Backup’
- Turn off ‘Find my iPhone’ if you have enabled it.
- Now, wait till restoration is completed. You can see the progress with an Apple logo and a bar.
How to restore iPhone from backup on Mac
Can I restore my iPhone from backup without erasing it?
There is no official way to restore the iPhone from backup without erasing it. But with some third-party apps and tools, you can restore your iPhone without erasing it. However, using third-party resources can be pretty risky and non-secure so I don’t recommend you to do so.
How to back up my iPhone manually?
To back up iPhone, go to Settings. Open your profile and select iCloud. Now, select iCloud backup and click Back up now.
Restoring iPhone can be pretty hectic if you are not familiar with the interface or performing it for the first time. Don’t worry, the steps I listed above can be followed by anyone even if you do not have a technical background. Now, you know how to restore the iPhone from backup so what are you waiting for. Quickly go and restore your data so you don’t lose it.