How to Fix When iPad is Disabled in 2021 [SOLVED]
Have you forgotten your iPad password once again? Are you logged out of the iPad, and after multiple attempts of logging in, the iPad has been disabled?
Do not worry; this has happened to others, and I have just the solution for you. To sign in to the iPad, a password or pin is required, which, if forgotten, can be a huge problem for the users.
There are quite a few options out if the iPad is disabled. You will have to reset the iPad and lose your data, or you may have to depend on the recovery from iTunes or iCloud.
This article will discuss 6 easy and simple ways to fix the issue "iPad is disabled". It specifies whether a computer and an Apple ID password is required for the fix so you can quickly navigate to your solution.
The following are the tested and proven ways of logging in to the iPad and fixing the "iPad is disabled" issue.
- 1. Unlock Disabled iPad via LockAway (With Computer/Without Apple ID Password)
- 2. Unlock Disabled iPad via iTunes (With Computer/Without Apple ID Password)
- 3. Unlock Disabled iPad via Find My iPad (Without Computer/With Apple ID Password)
- 4. Unlock Disabled iPad via Find My iPad (With Computer/Without Phone or Apple ID Password)
- 5. Unlock Disabled iPad via Recovery Mode (With Computer/Without Apple ID Password)
- 6. Try sign in through a hard reset (Without Computer/Without Apple ID Password)
I will discuss them one by one for you to read and understand.
1. Unlock Disabled iPad via LockAway (With Computer/Without Apple ID Password)
You are logged out of your iPad, and you do not have any access to your Apple ID. Additionally, you do not remember your password as well. This seems like an impossible situation to get access to your iPad again.
However, it is quite possible with a tool designed specifically to provide access to iOS devices to users who have forgotten their credentials.
Mobitrix LockAway- Unlock iPhone Passcode is a tool designed to support all iOS versions and iPad models. It does not require any iTunes or iCloud access. It is a user-friendly app that can bypass the iPad screen lock without any Apple ID or password.
It is available for both Windows and Mac users. To fix the iPad disable problem, do the following steps on your computer.
- Step 1: Install the software on your Desktop.
- Step 2: Double click on the icon and launch the application.
- Step 3: From the menu, select the "Unlock Screen Passcode" option.
- Step 4: Then, connect your iPad to the system through the cable.
- Step 5: Choose the "unlock iOS screen" option.
- Step 6: Follow the steps as directed by LockAway to allow your device to be detected in DFU Mode.
- Step 7: Allow for the device to "trust this computer" and close the prompt after saving the settings.
- Step 8: In this step, you will have to provide the required information to download the relevant Keyfile as well and click download.
- Step 9: After the completion of the download, uncheck the "retain Native Data" box and click the "unlock now" button to start the recovery process.
- Step 10: Enter the required code on-screen and wait as the software resolves your issue and restarts your device in normal mode.
This is the most efficient way to unlock the iPad as it is secure and the data you share remains protected. It is simple and quick. If you do not wish to use external software, try the next fixes, but this is an efficient and automated way to fix your issue.
2. Unlock Disabled iPad via iTunes (With Computer/Without Apple ID Password)
For this method of unlocking, you do not require any third-party application or an Apple ID password. It is a method of resetting the iPad using iTunes software. Essentially, previous data will be lost.
However, if you have a backup of your data, you can always replace it. To try this method, do the following steps.
- Step 1: Start iTunes software on your computer device. Use a USB cable for connecting the iPad to the computer.
- Step 2: Now, you will have to force the iPad to begin the recovery mode.
- Step 3: In the case of an iPad secure with a FaceID, press the volume down and volume up button, and after that, press the Power button. Keep pressing until you can see the recovery mode on the screen.
- Step 4: In the case of the Home Button in the iPad, press the power and home button simultaneously and hold till the recovery mode screen shows up.
- Step 5: The computer will state that there is an issue with the iPad. Choose the Restore option.
This process will begin the restoration of the iPad and turn it on in normal mode. If this does not work, you can factory reset the iPad first and then click restore to get back the previous backup.
3. Unlock Disabled iPad via Find My iPad (Without Computer/With Apple ID Password)
To apply this fix, you do not need to own a computer. This can work with the iPad only, given you have previously turned on the feature "Find my Phone". All you need is a phone with an internet connection.
To apply this fix, do the following steps,
- Step 1: On your phone, search and open iCloud Website. Sign in with your passcode and Apple ID.
- Step 2: Find and click on the option "Find iPhone". Under the "Add Devices" tab, select your iPad.
- Step 3: Click on your avatar that shows the iPad location, and delete the device by selecting "Erase iPad".
- Step 4: This will restore the devices from a remote place.
Although this method can delete your entire data, it can be used as a last resort. It is better to keep a backup of the data.
If the Find my Phone option is turned off, or you are unaware of the Apple ID and password, this fix will not work.
4. Unlock Disabled iPad via Find My iPad (With Computer/Without Phone or Apple ID Password)
If you do not have a phone but wish to use the computer to locate the phone and restore it, this is the fix for you. Please follow these steps while unlocking the iPad,
- Step 1: If you have a Face ID lock, press the volume down and volume up button, and after that, press the Power button. Keep pressing until you can see the recovery mode on the screen.
- Step 2: For a home button system, press the power and home button simultaneously and hold till the recovery mode screen shows up.
- Step 3: On your computer, open iTunes and choose "Find my iPhone" from the upper left corner of the iTunes screen.
- Step 4: Find your iPad in the nearby devices and choose it.
- Step 5: You will see 2 options, update and restore. You can choose to restore here and let the system do the remaining work.
5. Unlock Disabled iPad via Recovery Mode (With Computer/Without Apple ID Password)
If you do not remember the Apple ID and password and you have not synced your iPad with iTunes either, this is another fix that can help in restoring access to your iPad. For this solution, you will only need a computer.
Follow these steps to unlock your iPad,
- Step 1: Turn off the iPad using the power button and launch the latest iTunes version on your Desktop.
- Step 2: Hold down the power button and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds on your iPad.
- Step 3: When the apple logo appears on your iPad screen, let the Power button go, but keep holding the home button.
- Step 4: The iTunes symbol will appear on your iPad screen, indicating that it is in recovery mode.
- Step 5: Connect the iPad to your system. iTunes will detect it.
- Step 6: iTunes will display the prompt to restore the device. Confirm it by clicking Ok.
- Step 7: iTunes will restore the device now.
The iPad can be fixed by connecting it to iTunes as the iTunes software will restore the iPad without asking for the Apple ID or password. In this method as well, the data is lost as there is no backup or other way to save the existing data on the iPad.
6. Try sign in through a hard reset (Without Computer/Without Apple ID Password)
The last resort to fixing the iPad disabled issue is that you hard reset the iPad. On the Apple forums, some people mentioned that this helped in recovering their devices. To perform a hard reset without Apple ID or password, do the following steps:
- Step 1: For iPads with a home button, press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time.
- Step 2: For iPads without any home button, press the volume down, then very quickly press the volume up and then press and keep holding the power button.
- Step 3: If the slider appears on the screen, do not let go of the buttons and wait for the screen to go completely black.
- Step 4: Let the buttons go when you see the Apple logo. The iPad will start normally now.
This method is also a reset method; hence it will not save any previous data on the iPad. The iPad will essentially lose all the data on it with this method as well, so think it through before applying it.
Getting locked out of your phone or iPad is a normal problem that can happen to almost everyone. But its solutions are not as common. This article introduces some fixes that you can quickly apply on your iPad in case it is disabled due to multiple attempts of logging in.
All the methods specify if an Apple ID and password are needed or not and whether you require a computer to apply the solution.
I have discussed 5 methods to unlock the iPad, but the simplest of all is the first method of fixing the iPad using LockAway. It is compatible with all kinds of iOS devices and works on both Mac and Windows operating systems. All you have to do is download the device and follow the instructions as mentioned.
The steps are easy to follow, and the success rate is very high for this tool. You can try other methods as it highly depends on your preference, but LockAway gives quick results and can be saved for use in future trouble as well.