Do you want to use Apple Pay, buy something from iTunes or the App Store? Or you got a new device and want to log into your iCloud account? To do all these functions, you need your Apple password. But did you forget it right when you needed to log in? Don't panic! It happens to most of us.
I’m here to help you reset your Apple password. However, some solutions demand specific requirements and are complex to execute. Luckily, I’ve also compiled the best alternative solution that is simple, effort-saving, needs no password, and it’s the fastest to get work done.
If that sounds exciting, then let us get started without further ado.
How To Reset Forgotten Apple Password Via Trusted iDevice
You can reset the password for your Apple ID on any iDevice that you had previously trusted using the following steps:
On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch with watchOS 8 or later:
- Launch Settings application.
- Click on your name and then Password and Security.
- Click on change password.
- If you are signed up in iCloud and your passcode is enabled, a request asking you to key in the passcode will pop up.
- Follow the steps that show up on the screen to reset your password.
forgot apple password settings application
If you are using macOS Catalina or later:
- Tap on the Apple icon, then System Preferences, and finally on Apple ID.
- Tap on Password and Security
- Tap on the change password button. Before your password for Apple ID is reset, you will be requested to enter your Mac password.
If you are using macOS Mojave and earlier on your Mac;
- Click on menu for Apple > System Preferences > iCloud.
- Click on Account Details
- Tap on Security and then Reset Password. You will be asked to enter your Mac password before resetting your password for Apple ID.
How To Reset Forgotten Apple Password Via Mobitrix LockAway (Most Time-Saving)
Whenever you forget your Apple password, you get cut off from all Apple services unless you can follow through with the tiring and complicated methods of recovering your Apple ID and iCloud account.
However, here is the bonus! Mobitrix LockAway-Unlock iPhone Passcode fastens this process by erasing your existing Apple ID and iCloud account in a few steps. The unlock process is fully automated and does everything for you. Just relax and let Mobitrix LockAway fix your blocked or locked Apple ID within 30 minutes.
With Mobitrix LockAway, you can erase the current Apple ID, and iCloud account on your iPhone then log into a new account to continue enjoying Apple Store and other Apple services.
Whatever the case, Mobitrix LockAway got you. It can remove different kinds of Apple ID in the following scenarios:
- Your Apple ID locked because you lost or forgot password.
- Or you're unable to erase the iPhone.
- FMI will not turn off.
Once you erase the Apple ID, you will be able to:
- Switch to a different Apple ID or set up a new one.
- Take advantage of all iCloud services and Apple ID functionalities.
- Easily disable Find My iPhone/iPad.
- Remove yourself from the previous Apple ID tracking system.
- You are not required to remember your Apple password.
- You don't need to download iTunes
- Removes Apple Password within 30 min
- Easy to use, only a few clicks required.
- It guarantees a 100% success rate
- Secures your personal data at all times
- Complete compatibility with iPhone 5s-iPhone 14, and iOS 12/13/14/15/16, and beyond
Follow the steps below to remove your forgotten iPhone password using Mobitrix LockAway successfully.
- Go to Mobitrix LockAway's official website, click Free Download and Install it on your PC/Mac.
- From the main menu, select Unlock Apple ID
- Click Start to remove your Apple ID
Mobitrix LockAway - Unlock Apple ID - Home
Mobitrix LockAway - Unlock Apple ID - Click Start to Remove
Mobitrix LockAway - Unlock Apple ID - Progressing
I'm not sure about you, but when my iPhone stops working, my life comes to a halt. Suppose you just forgot your Apple password and want to save time and effort. In that case, the best option is to use Mobitrix LockAway, as it fixes the issue within 30 minutes and is the fastest solution, without any limitation in comparison to others.
How To Reset Forgotten Apple Password Via Someone else's Device
1) Via Find My iPhone APP
Do you want to erase your Apple ID without using a computer? Simply use the Find My app on a friend's or family member's iPhone, iPad, or any of your other Apple devices to remotely remove your Apple ID and gain access to your iCloud services.
- Start Find My iPhone app
- When the Sign in screem shows up, ensure that the field for Apple ID is empty. If another person’s Apple ID appears, delete it. If you don't see a Sign In screen, first sign out.
- Click on the option for “Forgot Apple ID or Password” and follow the steps that show up on the screen.
2) Via Apple Support APP
If users do not have access to any of their devices, they can use their friend’s or relative’s iPhone. The owner of the iPhone is expected to install Apple Support App. After installing the app, follow the steps below:
- Click on Passwords and Security, which appears under Topics.
- Click on the option for resetting the password for Apple ID.
- Click on Get Started > Different Apple ID
- Provide the Apple ID which you want to reset its password.
- Click on Next and follow the procedures you see on the screen until it is confirmed that the password for your Apple ID has been changed.
How To Reset Forgotten Apple Password Via iForgot Service
iForgot service enables users to reset their password for Apple ID using recovery email or security questions, Two-Factor authentication and account recovery.
1. Recovery Email or Security Questions
While using this method, a user is expected to enter their email for recovery or answer security questions. To reset your password:
- Visit iforgot.apple.com from a web browser
- Key in your email address that is associated with your Apple ID.
- Tap on continue.
- Choose the option for resetting your password and click on Continue.
- Select the option for either receiving an email or for answering security questions, and then click on Continue.
- If you choose the option for using recovery email, you will receive an email from Apple. The title of the email will be “How to reset your Apple ID password.”
- Open that email and tap on Reset now.
- Provide the new password that you will use.
- Confirm the new password
- Click on the button for resetting your password.
forgot apple password settings apple reset via iforgot enter in
forgot apple password settings apple reset via iforgot choose option and continue
forgot apple password settings apple reset via iforgot recieving emails and continue
If in Step f above you chose the option for using security question, continue with the following:
- Enter your birthday and verify it and then click on Continue.
- Provide answers to the security questions that will be asked and tap on Continue.
- Enter a new password and then confirm it by entering the password again.
- Tap on the Reset Password button.
2. Via Two-Factor Authentication on iForgot.apple.com
If a user has another trusted device such as iPad, Mac, Apple Watch or iPhone, it is advisable that they use this technique to reset their password for Apple ID.
Steps for using this technique:
- Use a web browser of your choice to visit iforgot.apple.com
- Provide the email for your Apple ID and click on Continue.
- Key in the phone number that has been linked to your Apple ID.
- Click on the Continue button. You will be requested to select a device that is connected to that Apple ID account.
- Choose the device that is linked to your account.
- Click on Allow.
- Provide the passcode for the device that you chose and click on Done.
- Provide a new password for your Apple ID.
- Re-enter the password so that you verify it.
- Click on Next > Done.
3. Via Account Recovery
If iPhone users cannot access any trusted device, they can opt for this method.
The steps for using account recovery are:
- Visit iforgot.apple.com
- Tap on the “Forgot Apple ID or password.”
- Provide your Apple ID and then tap on Continue
- Choose the for resetting your password > Continue.
- Provide your Recovery Key and click on Continue. Without the Recovery Key, you cannot reset your password using this technique.
- Select a trusted device that will receive the recovery code.
- Key the recovery code.
- You will be requested to enter a new password. Do exactly that, and then retype the password to confirm it.
- Tap on the Reset Password option, and your password will be reset.
A Useful Tip: Add Account Recovery Contact For the Future
If you've never enabled Find My iPhone, another option for erasing your Apple device's lost password is to create an account recovery contact. This contact can receive a validation code and communicate it to you, allowing you to create a new one. Keep reading to learn more!
1. What is Account Recovery Contact?
An account recovery contact is a person who can authenticate your identity and help access your account when locked out. Your contacts device must be running iOS/ iPad 15, or macOS Monterey or later.
2. What is the function of Account Recovery Contact?
Having an account recovery contact can help you restore your account without entering your Apple password. Recovering your account prevents others from accessing, impersonating, or using your data.
3. How to create an Account Recovery Contact?
Following these steps, you'll learn how to create an Account Recovery Contact in no time.
- Open Settings, >Account Name >Password & Security > Account Recovery > Add Recovery Contact.
- Tap Add Recovery Contact, then use Face ID or Touch ID to authenticate.
- Select a member of your family or any other person. Continue by sending an invitation.
After they approve your request, you’ll receive a message confirming their addition to your account recovery contact list. Choosing a new account recovery contact is required if your friend or family member declines or removes themselves as your recovery contact.
What if nothing above works?
If the methods outlined above do not work, you are advised to ask for help from Apple Support. This can be done by scheduling a call or by going to the nearest Apple store. You will be expected to prove that the Apple ID is yours by providing personal information.
1. How to recover your Apple ID?
If you don't remember your Apple ID, your emails are an excellent place to start. You must have received emails from Apple, including your Apple ID, such as receipts, warranty, maintenance, or invoicing. Or maybe it's your lucky day, and you realize you've already signed in to your iPhone or other Apple services. Great, if that's the case! Go ahead and check that out.
2. How to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID?
The procedures differ wildly based on the version of your iOS software. Users of iOS 10.3 or later can enable two-factor authentication on their Apple ID by navigating to "Settings" > [Your Name] > "Password & Security" > "Two-Factor Authentication." Enable two-factor authentication to receive a notification code every time you log in.
The settings are available under "iCloud" > "Apple ID" > "Password & Security" for users using iOS 10.2 or before.
3. How can I speed up my Apple ID recovery via Account Recovery?
Account recovery may take days or weeks, depending on the information you provide to prove your identity. After requesting account recovery, you'll receive an email confirming your request and a day and time for account restoration.
In rare circumstances, you may get choices to speed your account recovery. You might be able to offer a credit card number to verify your identity. The issuer receives an authorization request if you confirm your credit card details. You can also reset your password quickly by validating a six-digit code given to your primary email address.
To reset your Apple ID password, you can use Mobitrix LockAway-Unlock iPhone Passcode, the Find My iPhone application, Apple Support App and iForgot service. From the methods, Mobitrix LockAway is the recommended method because it works on all devices, secures users data, and it is guaranteed that it will work.