Is your iPad disabled because you forgot the passcode and entered it wrong multiple times? Well, you can factory reset your iPad without passcode to get access again. Usually, when you try to factory reset your iPad from settings, you need your passcode.
But this guide comprises of four most efficient methods that can help you factory reset iPad without a passcode. Relax, there is nothing to worry about as the methods come with a step-by-step guide so non-technical people can also follow along.
Things You Should Know about Factory Reset
Factory reset basically means to erase everything on your iPad to get into the newly bought state. It will erase all your photos, videos, app data, messages, settings, passwords, preferences, and everything. After a factory reset, you can set up your iPad just like you did in the first place.
Apple devices come with a pretty tight security policy so no one can get into your iPad with unfair means. The iPad automatically disable itself if someone intentionally or unintentionally enters the wrong passcode multiple time.
Method 1: Factory reset your iPad without a password via Mobitrix LockAway
The most convenient way to factory reset your iPad without a passcode or iTunes is using a professional unlocking tool. Mobitrix LockAway is specifically designed for iOS users to factory reset their iPad in case they forgot the passcode or are disabled. The tool only takes 20 minutes to unlock your iPad but the performance is top-notch.
The R&D team of Mobitrix LockAway has an extensive experience of 10+ years in the field of iOS cracking to ensure the privacy and security of your data. Even if you are a non-technical person, you can still operate Mobitrix LockAway with these simple steps.
- Download Download and Install Mobitrix LockAway
- Click “Unlock Screen Passcode” in the main menu
- Click Start to remove the iPad Passcode. It will automatically detect the keyfile.
- Download and extract Keyfile Package
- Click “Start to Extract” after Keyfile has been downloaded successfully.
- When the extraction is complete, please click Start Unlock
- The Unlocking is complete!
Unlock Screen Passcode
Remove iPad Passcode
Removing screen Lock
Unlock is completed
Why Do I Recommend Mobitrix LockAway?
- You don’t need iTunes.
- The steps are super easy so non-tech persons don’t encounter a problem.
- It only takes 20 minutes to reset the iPad with a success rate of 99%.
- It is compatible with iPad (2-9), iPad Air all, iPad mini all, iPad Pro all
- It fully supports iPadOS 13-16.
Mobitrix LockAway is the perfect solution if you are stuck in the following scenarios:
- You forgot your iPad screen passcode
- Too many incorrect attempts disabling your iPad
- You got a second-hand iPad
- Your Face/Touch ID can’t work precisely
- Your iPad Screen is cracked
Method 2: Erase your iPad without a password via Find My iPhone
Find My is an application introduced by Apple to locate your iOS devices if it is lost or stolen. You can also use this app to share your current location or live location with anyone in your contact list. But location is not the only benefit of Find My.
It is built with an “Erase it with ease” option that can help you factory reset your iPad without a passcode.
- The locked iPad must have enabled the Find My option.
- The locked iPad must be signed in to an iCloud account.
- The locked iPad must have a secure internet connection via Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- You must remember your Apple ID and password
- Launch iCloud.com on a phone or web browser
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
- Select “Find iPhone” and again sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Go to the All Devices list and select your iPad.
- Select “Erase iPad.” Confirm Erase on the prompt “Erase this iPad?”
- To proceed, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the verification code you received on your trusted device to continue.
- Enter your phone number (optional) and tap “Next.”
- It will prompt “Erase Started” and you can also see the progress on your iPad with the white apple logo.
- Wait for your iPad to automatically restart after the erasing procedure finish. Enter your Apple ID and password at the prompt “iPad locked to the owner.” Click “Next” and set a new passcode.
Erase iPad from iCloud.com
Note: If you have made a backup, you can restore it on the tab “Apps and data” via iCloud or iTunes while setting up your iPad. If you haven’t then click “Don’t Transfer Apps & Data”.
Method 3: Factory reset your iPad without a computer via Erase iPad option
Apple “Erase iPad” is an option available on iPadOS 15.2 or later that can be used to bypass or factory reset an iPad without a passcode or computer. In simpler words, it removes all your data giving your iPad an out-of-the-box state. The option is available on the “iPhone Unavailable” screen or “Security Lockout” screen.
- Your locked iPad must run on iOS 15.2 or later.
- You must be signed in to your iCloud to see the “Erase iPad” option.
- You should have enabled Find My before getting locked out.
- You must remember your Apple ID password.
- Your locked iPad must have an internet connection.
- Enter the wrong password 7 times on your iPad to get to the “Erase iPad” option in the "Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes" interface.
- Tap “Erase iPad” on the bottom of your iPad’s screen.
- To proceed on the "Sign out of Apple ID" interface, enter your Apple ID and password.
- You can see the progress with the Apple logo and a bar.
- Your iPad will automatically restart when the process is completed.
- Set your iPad as a new device with a new passcode.
Method 4: Wipe your iPad without a password via iTunes
iTunes introduced a troubleshooting option known as “Restore” for iOS users to factory reset iPad without a passcode. Basically, you put your iPad into a recovery mode state which is to detect the issue and then solve it via restoring your iPad. The “Restore” option offered by iTunes erases all the data on your iPad so you can set it up as a new device.
- A PC or Mac
- A compatible USB cable
- Disconnect your iPad from the computer.
- Turn off your iPad. If your iPad doesn't have a Home button: Press and hold one of the volume buttons and the top button at the same time until the power off slider appears. If your iPad has a Home button: Press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears
- Wait for it to turn off completely by dragging the slider to right.
- To put your iPad into recovery mode, press the right button according to your iPad model.
- iPad with a home button: Keep holding the home button.
- iPad without a home button: Keep holding the top button.
- Then immediately connect your iPhone to the computer. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery mode on your iPad.
- Open your iTunes and choose the “Restore” option from the prompt "There is a problem with the iPhone that requires updating or restoring it."
- Confirm by clicking “Restore and Update” on the prompt "Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone to its factory settings?”
- Click to Agree on "iPad software update."
- On the prompt "iTunes will erase and restore your iPad to iPadOS 15.4.1, select Restore after the download is finished.
- You will see "Extracting software…" on your iPad. A white Apple logo and a bar will display the progress and your iPad will automatically restart when the restoration process is completed.
- Reset your iPad and set a new password that is easy to remember.
On a PC: Windows 8 or later, and the latest version of iTunes must be installed.
On a Mac:
macOS Catalina or newer, open a Finder window.
macOS Mojave or older, install and launch the latest version of iTunes.
Note: If a passcode screen appears on your iPad, repeat the procedure to turn it off and put your iPhone in recovery mode again.
- How to reset an iPad without Apple ID and password?
- How to hard reset an iPad?
- How to reset the iPad to factory defaults in Settings?
You can reset your iPad in case you forgot your Apple ID and password.
Forcibly turning your iPad on and off is known as a hard reset. Here is how you can do it:
iPad with Face ID: Press the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button. Keep holding the Power button until the device restarts.
iPad with Home button: Keep holding the Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Let it turn off and then back on. Do not release the buttons till you see the Apple logo on the screen.
To reset your iPad from default settings, go to the general tab in your iPad’s settings app and click Reset. Locate “Erase All Content and Settings.” Click on Backup then Erase if you want to restore your data after resetting. If you have already made a backup or don’t want to then select Erase now. Enter your iPad screen passcode. Confirm your action and wait for your iPad to turn on again.
Forgetting your passcode has never been a pleasant moment for anyone but with the help of the above-listed methods, you can overcome this situation efficiently. But if you are in a hurry and want guaranteed success in the minimum possible time then Mobitrix LockAway is here to save the day. Just download the tool and factory reset your iPad without a passcode in 20 minutes.