Did you just purchase a new Huawei device? Well, you probably have already known that there are serval ways to do it. In this article, we take a look at the process of transferring WhatsApp messages to Huawei.
Part 1. Transfer WhatsApp from Old Android to Huawei
The following are the best options you have when transferring WhatsApp messages from Android to Huawei.
Way 1: Transfer WhatsApp via Local Backup
The WhatsApp backup may be available on the WhatsApp backup folder of your SD card. Therefore, if you back up WhatsApp on the device, you can simply restore this backup to the new device. Follow these simple steps to do it:
Step 1: Insert the SD card into the Huawei device. If you had already installed WhatsApp on the device, delete it and then reinstall it.
Please note that the WhatsApp local backup can also be on the device’s internal memory. If it is, connect the device to your computer. Locate the latest backup and the copy the file with the “db. Crypt” extension to your computer. Then connect the Huawei device to the computer and then move the file to the “WhatsApp/Databases” folder.
transfer whatsapp via local backup
Step 2: Open WhatsApp and follow the instructions to setup the App.
Step 3: When WhatsApp detects the backup, tap “Restore” to restore the messages to the device.
Way 2: Via Google Drive
Before you can transfer WhatsApp messages to the Huawei device via a Google backup, you need to have a recent backup. The following steps show you how to create the backup and restore it to the new device:
- Open WhatsApp on the old device and then tap on the menu (three dots) in the top-right corner. Tap Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and then tap “Backup”.
- Install WhatsApp on the new Huawei device. Open WhatsApp and then follow the instructions to set it up and verify your phone number. Login to your Google Drive account using the same ID and password you used to create the password.
- WhatsApp should detect the backup. Simply tap “Restore” to begin restore all the messages in the backup to the new device.
restore whatsapp via google drive
Part 2. Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Huawei
If on the other hand you are switching from iPhone to Huawei, the following solutions should help:
2.1 Transfer WhatsApp via Email Chat Feature
If you only have a few messages to transfer to the Huawei device, you can simply email them to yourself. But the messages that you transfer using this method will not be accessible via the WhatsApp application. Still, this is good solution if you want to have a copy of the chats on the device.
Follow these simple steps to do it:
- Open WhatsApp on the iPhone. Select the chats you want to transfer and swipe on them to access more options.
- Tap “Email Chat” and then choose whether you want to include media files with the email or not.
- In the new window, enter the email address to send the chats to and tap “Send”.
You can then just open the email on the device and download the attached chats.
transfer whatsapp via email
This method is not recommended if you have a lot of WhatsApp messages to transfer. You are not allowed to transfer multiple chat history in one click.
2.2 Transfer WhatsApp from Android/iPhone to Huawei with Mobitrix
If you would like a solution that is specifically designed to transfer WhatsApp from one device to another, Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer is a good solution. You could use it to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Huawei or iPhone to Huawei just as easily.
Download Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer from its official website and then follow these simple steps to use it:
Step 1: Open Mobitrix and then connect the source device and the Huawei to the computer.
connect the device
Step 2: Once the program detects the devices, make sure that they are properly positioned.
Step 3: Then, click “Transfer” and Mobitrix will begin transferring the data to the Huawei.
start to transfer whatsapp
The program’s key features include the following
- It is the best solution to transfer WhatsApp data from your iPhone to Huawei or Android to Huawei.
- It can transfer messages and media easily and quickly.
- It also coms with WhatsApp Backup and restore solutions to help you keep your data safe.
- It is 100% secure. Your WhatsApp data will be safely kept on computer.
Bonus Tip: Is It Possible to Transfer WhatsApp Via Huawei Phone Clone
Phone Clone is the official Huawei app to transfer data from an existing iOS or Android device to a new Huawei device. However, this app doesn’t support to transfer WhatsApp messages and other social app data from one device to another.
Moving data from Android or iPhone to a new Huawei device doesn’t have to be difficult. With the solutions above, you have numerous options to help you out. If you have any questions about this process or any other WhatsApp related inquiry, let us know in the comments section below.