How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
‘Hi, is there a way to transfer WhatsApp from my iphone 8 to Samsung S20? It drives me insane. I have too many precious on WhatsApp and I can't seem to find a solution, any ideas?’ — From forums.imore.com
iOS and Android both do not offer straight methods for data motion between them. But some other sources could resolve this problem. They can be implied to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android or from Android to iPhone.
Today’s post covers 4 indirect methods you can use to transfer WhatsApp messages from an iPhone to an Android.
These methods include:
- Way 1. 1-Click to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android with Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer [Best Option]
- Way 2. Using WhatsAppTrans to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android
- Way 3. Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via Email Chat
- Way 4. Restore WhatsApp from iPhone to Android Using WazzapMigrator
- Important Note: Can We Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via Backup?
But before we go into full detail on each of them, here’s a quick comparison of these 3 methods:
|Transfer Method||WhatsApp Account Transfer||*Transfer Effect||Transfer Time||Difficulty Level|
|Mobitrix WhatsApp Tranfer||Supports old and new phone numbers||You keep all your chats, files, and media the same as your original account||Fast||Very easy, all it takes is a click|
|WhatsAppTrans||No||Exports chats in txt.file which can’t be viewed||Fast||Complicated but support bulk transfer|
|No||Exports chats in txt.file which can’t be viewed||Slow||Easy but you’ll need to export the chats one by one|
|WazzapMigrator||Only works when the phone number is the same||Incomplete transfers||Fast||Complicated, you’ll need to download and install it both on your computer and phone.|
Comparison table for WhatsApp Chat Transfer using Email, WazzapMigrator, WhatsAppTrans and Mobitrix WhatsApp Tranfer.
*Transfer Effect: This simply means the after-effect of the transfer method you decide to use. Going the Email route, your chats will be exported in a .txt document that would be impossible to view on an iPhone.
For WazzapMigrator, besides the fact that you’d need to download the application twice for your computer and mobile device, you risk losing some of your data in the process.
However, the Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool makes it easy and seamless for you to transfer your WhatsApp chats from an iPhone to an Android without losing any of your precious memories.
Way 1. 1-Click to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
The best way to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android is to use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer. This third-party application is designed to help manage your WhatsApp messages and data in various ways, including transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android directly.
Here's what you need to do when transferring your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android using Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer.
Step 1: Install Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer on your computer and run the application. Next, connect the iPhone and Android to the computer using a USB.
Step 2: Click "Transfer" to start the data transfer process.
Step 3: During this whole process, please keep the two devices connected to the computer. Transfer time might last from several minutes to hours, depending on the size of the data you’re transferring.
Once the transfer process is over, you’ll get to see the WhatsApp messages on your Android device.
With that said, let’s see what makes the Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool the ideal option:
- Get Everything Transferred with a Click: Move WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android with the most straightforward method. From WhatsApp chats, photos, videos, files to media, nothing gets left behind or goes missing.
- Your WhatsApp Data Stays the Same: Unlike Email, our tool ensures all your data on your WhatsApp account and transfers to your new phone stays the same. This means you get to keep all your precious chats and memories in their original form.
- Supports Bulk Transfers: Your WhatsApp chats and attachments [images, audios, emojis, files, etc.] can either be fully or partially transferred, the choice is yours.
- It’s compatible with all popular mobiles like iPhone 11, 11Pro, XR, XS and 12, Samsung Galaxy S20, and Huawei P40. It’s also downloadable on both Windows and Mac.
Cons of this method:
- You would need to first, download and install the application on your computer.
- You can’t preview WhatsApp messages before transferring them.
Way 2. Using WhatsAppTrans to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android
Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is a free tool. You will successfully transfer your WhatsApp messages in most cases if follow the instructions step-by-step:
Please read carefully before using this tool:
- Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is free and open to any user.
- This tool is required basic computer skills and knowledge, so it is not recommended for users who don’t have any background.
- You might take the risk of losing data for your own such as incorrect practice and other situations. We do not guarantee a 100% success rate for using our tool.
1.Go to Github. Click “Code” and choose "Download ZIP"
Note: If the .exe file cannot be executed properly, please install the Microsoft environment package (VC_redist.x86.exe ).
Unzipping the file and find the following files under the folder named "WhatsApp iPhone to Android" ：
2. Download iTunes and connect your iPhone device to the PC.
3. Back up your iPhone data.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC via USB cable.
- Run iTunes on your PC and then click the iPhone icon on the top left.
- Please unselect "encrypt local backup" if marked.
- Click "Back Up Now" (Under "Manually Back Up and Restore")
4. Import WhatsApp data from your iPhone.
Step 1 : Identify the path of your backup.
Normally iTunes will save your backup under the following path:
C:UsersYour usernameAppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup or
If you cannot find the backup path, click here for more information:
Note: If you see multiple backups in the directory, please choose the latest file.
Step 2 : Import WhatsApp data from the backup.
Select a disk that has the most capacity storage and choose a directory to save your WhatsApp data.
Open the CMD terminal on the PC and run the following command:
ExportiPoneWhatsApp.exe [iphonebackuppath] [whatsappdatapath]
5. Unpacking WhatsApp data from iPhone.
Step 1 : Open the CMD terminal and run the following command:
Step 2 : Now you will see two new folders under WhatsApp root directory [whatsappdatapath] named as below:
txt: text messages from WhatsApp chat history.
media: media and attachment files from WhatsApp chat history.
Step 3: If you need text messages of your WhatsApp history, you need to send all the files under the “txt” folder to your Android device. By doing this, you can check text chat history directly from the mobile device. It is also recommended that sending all files under the “txt” folder to your secondary WhatsApp account or relatives and you can permanently save these WhatsApp chat history on your Android device.
You can also send files under the media folder to your Android Photo/Media application or other directories, which allows you to check these media files anytime.
- WhatsAppTrans allows you to import the chat history of multiple contacts simultaneously to the Android phone or other devices. For WhatsApp official import/export tool, you can only import the chat history of one contact at a time.
- In this way, you cannot check chat history in your WhatsApp. Instead, you can check the text message in a txt file and check photos and attachments by using Android built-in apps.
Way 3. Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via Email Chat
Your email is another way you can easily transfer your WhatsApp messages from your iPhone to an Android phone.
It’s free and you won’t need to download a third-party tool.
However, any file you transfer using your email will be saved as a .txt document – which you can’t view in your Android WhatsApp account.
But if you decide to go with this method, here is how you can use your email to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
- Go to the "Setting" of WhatsApp on the iPhone, tap on "chat setting" ,and choose "email chat" from the list.
- Choose the chat history that you need to transfer. A window will pop up saying "Attaching Media will generate a larger email message". You should choose "Without Media" or "Attach Media" as you need.
- Input your mail address and click on "send".
- Login to your email account on the Android device so that you can view the WhatsApp chats history through email. But you can’t update WhatsApp data with WhatsApp application on the Android device.
- It’s free and works without using third-party tools.
- It’s easy to implement so you don’t need any technical knowledge.
- The exported file is in .txt format which can’t be restored and viewed on your new phone.
- WhatsApp has some country restrictions and message transfer limits via email.
Way 4. Restore WhatsApp from iPhone to Android Using WazzapMigrator
If you haven’t heard of WazzapMigrator before now, it’s a data transfer app that allows its users to transfer WhatsApp messages from their iPhone to Android device conveniently.
It’s compatible with the OS/Windows operating system and allows for fast transfers.
It can quickly move all types of files -- from messages, photos, videos, to documents.
Its key features include:
- Its ability to move WhatsApp text messages as well as media files like images, videos, etc.
- An avenue to migrate your GPS information to your new Android device.
With that said, here’s how to use WazzapMigrator:
Step 1: Launch iTunes on your iPhone before connecting it to your computer with a lightning cable. Select "Summary" and uncheck the "Encrypt Local Backup" option. Then tap on the "Back up now" option on the right side to start the backup process.
Step 2: Go to the WazzapMigrator Lite website, find the iBackup Viewer Program and download it on your computer.
Step 3: Run the application, select the iOS device, and tap on the “Raw Files” icon on the bottom right side of the menu. On the next screen, select “Free View” mode and click on the file that says “AppDomainGroup-group.net.whatsapp. WhatsApp.shared”.
Step 4: Head on to the right side of the menu, select the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file, then click the “Export” button. In the same menu of “ChatStorage.sqlite”, open “Message Folder” and choose your desired “Media” files. Hit the “Export” button and remember to save them in the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file.
Step 5: Connect your Android device to the computer. Find "File Viewer/Explorer" in Android and set up desktop Windows to surf files exported to the PC. Move media files and ChatStorage.sqlite files to the "Download" folder of the Android phone.
Step 6: Download and install the WazzapMigrator Lite application on your Android device so that it can scan and detect ChatStorage.sqlite on the device. Once this process is complete, tap on the “Start” button.
Step 7: Reinstall the WhatsApp application and finish this process by entering in any contact information used on your iPhone.
- It comes with a supportive technical team that helps to resolve all kinds of WhatsApp transfer problems.
- It can transfer a variety of media files such as audio, photos, video, GPS, etc.
- Some users have reported issues like missing messages after transferring their WhatsApp messages to the other device.
- This function doesn’t support sync with or backup from Google drive.
- Its process can be quite complicated and unsuitable for most users.
FAQ: "Can I Transfer My WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android via WhatsApp Backup"?
You’ve probably wondered or maybe even seen an article saying you can restore your WhatsApp backup from iPhone to Android via WhatsApp backup.
Besides the fact that you’re about to end up wasting your time going this route, it also won’t work.
Well, it’s simple.
WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption only allows you to restore WhatsApp chats from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud, or Android to Android via Google Drive.
WhatsApp doesn’t allow a direct transfer method available between Android and iOS platforms.
So, if you come across any ‘guide’ telling you that backing up your WhatsApp directly from iPhone to Google Drive or from iCloud to Android is possible, don’t waste your time.
What we’ve listed in this article are only tested and actionable steps that work for you to choose from.
In this article, we discussed the 3 ways you can transfer your WhatsApp chats from your iPhone to an Android phone; Mobitrix WhatsApp transfer, email, and WazzapMigrator.
Out of these three, the Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool remains the ideal and safest solution for you to try.
Losing some or all of your previous WhatsApp data shouldn’t be the price you pay for switching from an iPhone to an Android phone.
With Mobitrix, you get to keep all your precious memories alive for as long as you choose.
Retain those memories no matter your phone choice with Mobitrix today.