‘Hi, is there a way to transfer WhatsApp from my iPhone 8 to Samsung S20? I have too many precious messages on WhatsApp and I can't seem to find a solution to transfer them properly. It drives me insane. Any ideas?’ — From forums.imore.com
Have you recently switched from iPhone to Android? And you need to move your WhatsApp messages along? If this is you, congratulations! You’ve found the right article. Transferring your Whatsapp data from iPhone to an android device isn’t supposed to be a big hassle. Although it used to be one until I found out those super easy and effective ways to go about it.
There are no direct ways available for data transfer between iOS and Android. However, I have some special tricks to help you transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android or vice versa, from Android to iPhone.
In this article, I’ll be talking about 5 super useful methods to help you transfer WhatsApp messages from an iPhone to an Android indirectly.
These methods include:
But before we go into further details, here’s a quick comparison of these 5 methods:
|Transfer Method||Account Requirements||*Transfer Effect||Transfer Time||Difficulty|
|Mobitrix WhatsApp Tranfer||Supports old and new phone numbers||You keep all your chats, files, and media the same as your original account||Fast||Super easy with few clicks|
|WhatsAppTrans Box||Supports old and new phone numbers||You keep recent 3 months chats the same as your original account||Normal||Complicated but support bulk transfer|
|WhatsAppTrans||No||Exports chats in txt.file which can’t be viewed||Fast||Complicated but support bulk transfer|
|No||Exports chats in txt.file which can’t be viewed||Slow||Easy but chats are transferred one by one|
|WazzapMigrator||Only works when the phone number is the same||Incomplete transfers||Fast||Complicated, you’ll need to download and install it both on your computer and phone.|
A Comparison table for WhatsApp Chat Transfer via Email, WazzapMigrator, WhatsAppTrans Box, WhatsAppTrans and Mobitrix WhatsApp Tranfer.
*Transfer Effect: This simply means the type of files that are supported for transfer within a specific time range. If you transfer via Email or WhatsAppTrans, your chats will be exported in a .txt document, which is impossible to view on an iPhone.
For WazzapMigrator, you'll need to download the application twice onto your computer and mobile device, a process where you risk losing some of your precious data.
By comparison, the Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool makes it easy and seamless for you to transfer your WhatsApp chats from an iPhone to an Android without losing any of your precious memories.
Few Clicks to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
The best way to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android is to use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer. This third-party software is designed to help manage your WhatsApp messages and data in various ways, including helping transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android directly.
Here's what you need to do when transferring your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android using Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer.
- Install Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer on your computer and launch the program. Next, connect your iPhone and Android to the computer using a USB.
- Click "Transfer" to start the data transfer process.
- During this whole process, please keep the two devices connected to the computer. Transfer time might vary from minutes to hours, depending on the size of data being transferred.
Once the transfer process is over, you’ll get to see the WhatsApp messages transferred on your Android device.
With that being said, let’s see what makes the Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool your ideal option:
- Get Everything Transferred with few clicks: Move WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android in the most straightforward way. From WhatsApp chats, photos, videos, stickers to media files, nothing gets left behind or goes missing.
- Your WhatsApp Data Stays the Same: Unlike Email, Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer ensures all your data on your WhatsApp account is transferred to your new phone as it was. This means you get to keep all your precious chats and memories in their original form.
- Supports Bulk Transfers: Your WhatsApp chats and attachments [images, audios, emojis, files, etc.] can either be fully or partially transferred. The choice is yours.
- It’s compatible with all popular mobile models like XR, XS, iPhone 12, 12Pro and 13, Samsung Galaxy S21, and Huawei P40. It’s also downloadable on both Windows and Mac.
- You would need to first download and install this application on your computer.
- You can’t preview WhatsApp messages before transferring them.
How to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android via WhatsAppTrans Box?
WhatsAppTrans Box is a free tool launched by Mobitrix, which supports users to transfer the chat history of WhatsApp across different operating systems.
- Completely free.
- Support restoring chat history into the WhatsApp of a new device.
- Support bulk transmission of data.
- Support data transfer between iPhones, Android phones, and between iPhone and Android.
- Only support transferring chat history for the past 3 months.
- Do not support other transfers except texts. Other data, such as pictures, videos, attachments, emoji/stickers, etc are not available for transfer.
Please check its detailed instructions as below:
Step 1: Download the Toolkit of WhatsAppTrans Box.
Step 2: Extract WhatsApp data from your iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to your PC and run [idevicebackup] to back up your iPhone data. It might take you a bit more time here.
- When you finish backup, run [ExportiPhoneWhatsApp] to extract WhatsApp data from your backup.
Step 3: How to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android?
whatsappiphone2android.exe is our core tool. It can transfer the WhatsApp data you back up in your iPhone to an Android phone. However, it has several limitations: It can only transfer chat history and just for the past 3 months.
- Execute [whatsappiphone2android]. Transfer data from iPhone to Android.
Step 4: How to restore the backup data from your Android phone into WhatsApp.
Please follow the steps below:
- Download an emulator. There are many emulator tools online that you can choose from. Please select one to install.
For example, here is an emulator option named Bignox.
- After the installation is complete, set Root permissions.
- Open the emulator. Install WhatsApp and log in.
- Execute [pushwhatsappdatatoandroid] and converted Android data into WhatsApp data directory.
- Restart WhatsApp then you can see your chat history right over there.
- Execute [pullwhatsappdata]. Extract WhatsApp data and back it up into your computer. Turn off the emulator.
- Execute [pushwhatsappdata]. Transfer the extracted data into your new Android phone.
- You can download and install WhatsApp on your Android phone and log in to restore the data. Then you can see all your chat history in WhatsApp.
If you want to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android's WhatsApp account for free, we recommend you to choose the Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans Box tool.
Keep in mind that only the recent 3 months of chats are supported with this tool. If you want an easier way to transfer WhatsApp full data, then Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer software is highly recommended. And if you have a PC background and you can use WhatsAppTrans in Method 3 to save your all chats.
How to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android via WhatsAppTrans
Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is a free tool. You will successfully transfer your WhatsApp messages in most cases if you follow those detailed instructions step-by-step:
Please read carefully before using this tool:
- Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is free and accessible to any user.
- Using WhatsApp Trans requires certain computer skills and tech knowledge for some steps.
- The tool doesn’t guarantee 100% success as you risk losing data in the process.
How to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via WhatsAppTrans:
1.Go to Github. Click “Code” and choose "Download ZIP"
Note: If the .exe file cannot be executed properly, please install the Microsoft environment package (VC_redist.x86.exe ).
Unzip the file and find the following files under the folder named "WhatsApp iPhone to Android" ：
2. Download iTunes and connect your iPhone device to the PC.
3. Back up your iPhone data.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC via USB cable.
- Run iTunes on your PC and then click the iPhone icon on the top left.
- Please unselect "encrypt local backup" if marked.
- Click "Back Up Now" (Under "Manually Back Up and Restore")
4. Import WhatsApp data from your iPhone.
Step 1 : Identify the path of your backup.
Normally iTunes will save your backup under the following path:
C:UsersYour usernameAppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup or
If you cannot find the backup path, click here for more information:
Note: If you see multiple backups in the directory, please choose the latest file.
Step 2 : Import WhatsApp data from the backup.
Select a disk that has the most capacity storage and choose a directory to save your WhatsApp data.
Open the CMD terminal on the PC and run the following command:
ExportiPhoneWhatsApp.exe [iphonebackuppath] [whatsappdatapath]
5. Unpack WhatsApp data from iPhone.
Step 1 : Open the CMD terminal and run the following command:
Step 2 : Now you will see two new folders under WhatsApp root directory [whatsappdatapath] named as below:
txt: text messages from WhatsApp chat history.
media: media and attachment files from WhatsApp chat history.
Step 3: If you need text messages of your WhatsApp history, you need to send all the files under the “txt” folder to your Android device. By doing this, you can check text chat history directly from the mobile device. It is also recommended that sending all files under the “txt” folder to your secondary WhatsApp account or relatives and you can permanently save these WhatsApp chat history on your Android device.
You can also send files under the media folder to your Android Photo/Media application or other directories, which allows you to check these media files anytime.
- WhatsAppTrans allows you to import the chat history of multiple contacts simultaneously to the Android phone or other devices. For WhatsApp official import/export tool, you can only import the chat history of one contact at a time.
- You cannot check chat history in your WhatsApp. Instead, you can check the text message in a txt file and check photos and attachments by using Android built-in apps.
How to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android via Email
Email is another way you can easily transfer your WhatsApp messages from your iPhone to an Android phone.
It’s free and you won’t need to download a third-party tool.
However, any file you transfer using your email will be saved as a .txt document – which you can’t view in your Android WhatsApp account.
But if you decide to go with this method, here is how you can use your email to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
- Go to the "Setting" of WhatsApp on the iPhone, tap on "chat setting" ,and choose "email chat" from the list.
- Choose the chat history that you need to transfer. A window will pop up saying "Attaching Media will generate a larger email message". You should choose "Without Media" or "Attach Media" as you need.
- Input your mail address and click on "send".
- Login to your email account on the Android device so that you can view the WhatsApp chats history through email. But you can’t update WhatsApp data with WhatsApp application on the Android device.
- It’s free and works without using third-party tools.
- It’s easy to implement so you don’t need any technical knowledge.
- Chats transferred via email are exported one per time and can only be browsed in “.txt” format.
- WhatsApp has some country restrictions and message transfer limits via email.
How to restore WhatsApp from iPhone to Android Using WazzapMigrator
Never heard of WazzapMigrator? Well, it’s a data transfer app that allows its users to transfer WhatsApp messages from their iPhone to Android device conveniently.
It’s compatible with the OS/Windows operating system and allows for fast transfers.
It can quickly move all types of files -- from messages, photos, videos, to documents.
Its key features include:
- Able to move WhatsApp text messages as well as media files like images, videos, etc.
- Able to migrate your GPS information to your new Android device.
With that being said, here’s how to use WazzapMigrator:
- Launch iTunes on your iPhone before connecting it to your computer with a lightning cable. Select "Summary" and uncheck the "Encrypt Local Backup" option. Then tap on the "Back up now" option on the right side to start the backup process.
- Go to the WazzapMigrator Lite website, find the iBackup Viewer Program and download it on your computer.
- Run the application, select the iOS device, and tap on the “Raw Files” icon on the bottom right side of the menu. On the next screen, select “Free View” mode and click on the file that says “AppDomainGroup-group.net.whatsapp. WhatsApp.shared”.
- Head on to the right side of the menu, select the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file, then click the “Export” button. In the same menu of “ChatStorage.sqlite”, open “Message Folder” and choose your desired “Media” files. Hit the “Export” button and remember to save them in the “ChatStorage.sqlite” file.
- Connect your Android device to the computer. Find "File Viewer/Explorer" in Android and set up desktop Windows to surf files exported to the PC. Move media files and ChatStorage.sqlite files to the "Download" folder of the Android phone.
- Download and install the WazzapMigrator Lite application on your Android device so that it can scan and detect ChatStorage.sqlite on the device. Once this process is complete, tap on the “Start” button.
- Reinstall the WhatsApp application and finish this process by entering in any contact information used on your iPhone.
- It comes with a supportive technical team that helps resolve all kinds of WhatsApp transfer problems.
- It can transfer a variety of media files such as audio, photos, video, GPS, etc.
- Some users have reported issues like missing messages after transferring their WhatsApp messages to the other device.
- This function doesn’t support sync with or backup from Google drive.
- Its process can be quite complicated and unsuitable for most users.
Can I Transfer My WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android via WhatsApp Backup?
You’ve probably wondered or maybe even seen an article saying you can restore your WhatsApp backup from iPhone to Android via WhatsApp backup.
Besides the fact that you’re about to end up wasting your time going this route, it won’t work.
Well, it’s simple.
WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption only allows you to restore WhatsApp chats from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud, or Android to Android via Google Drive.
WhatsApp doesn’t allow a direct transfer method available between Android and iOS platforms.
So, if you come across any ‘guide’ telling you that backing up your WhatsApp directly from iPhone to Google Drive or from iCloud to Android is possible, don’t waste your time.
What we’ve listed in this article are only tested and actionable steps that work for you to choose from.
In this article, we've discussed 5 ways you can transfer your WhatsApp chats from iPhone to an Android phone: Mobitrix WhatsApp transfer, WhatsAppTrans Box, WhatsAppTrans, email, and WazzapMigrator.
Among these 5, Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool remains the ideal and safest solution for you to try.
Losing some or all of your previous WhatsApp data shouldn’t be the price you pay for switching from an iPhone to an Android phone.
With Mobitrix, you get to keep all your precious memories alive for as long as you choose.
Retain those memories no matter your phone choice with Mobitrix today.