3 Effective Methods to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Are you looking for the best way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone? Since these two devices often run on very different platforms. It can be difficult to find the right way to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone
There are numerous ways online, some of which are ineffective. Here, we are only going to be looking at only the most effective solution.
- Part 1. Is it Possible to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Backup
- Part 2. The Most Convenient Way to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Part 3. Transfer WhatsApp Messages via Phone Number
- Part 4. Move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Email Chat
Part 1. Is it Possible to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Backup
This is a question that we get quite a lot. Most people figure that if you are able to back up the WhatsApp messages on your Android device, you should be able to restore the backup to the iPhone. But this isn’t the case. The simple answer to this question is no, you can’t transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Backup. This is because the two devices run on different platforms.
While you might be able to back up the WhatsApp messages on your Android device by going to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup, there is no way to access this backup on your iPhone and therefore no way to transfer the backed up messages from the Google or local backup to the iPhone.
Part 2. The Most Convenient Way to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
The best way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone is to use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer. This is a third-party WhatsApp transfer tool that will allow you to transfer all WhatsApp chats and their attachments from one device to another even if the devices are on different platforms.
Here’s how to use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
Step 1: Install Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer on to your computer. Connect both the Android device and the iPhone to the computer using USB cables.
Step 2: You should see both devices on the next screen. At this point, you need to make sure that the Android device is the “Source” device and the iPhone is the “Destination” device.
Step 3: Now all you have to do is to click “Transfer” and Mobitrix will immediately begin transferring all WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
Keep both devices connected until the transferring process is complete. Once the transfer is done, you should be able to see all the WhatsApp data on the iPhone.
The following are some of the features that make Mobitrix the best solution;
- It has a very simple-to-understand user interface, making it very easy to use while being very safe. The data on both devices will not be at risk.
- It allows you to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without using Google Drive.
- You can also use this tool to restore WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone directly without uninstalling WhatsApp.
- It supports thousands of Android devices and all iOS devices including iPhone 12, 12 Pro, and the Samsung Galaxy S10.
- It is highly rated and recommended by many professional tech websites.
Part 3. Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Phone Number
If you will also be changing your phone number as you change devices, then there might be a way for you to transfer WhatsApp messages to the iPhone as you change the phone number. This is a neat little trick that most people are unaware of, but as we shall see in this simple guide, it actually works. Follow these simple steps to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Phone number.
Step 1: Begin by removing the old SIM card from the Android device and replacing with the new one you want to switch to. Make sure that both numbers remain active.
Step 2: Now open WhatsApp and then tap on Settings > Account > Change Number. Read the instructions that appear on the screen and then tap “Next”.
Step 3: Enter the old phone number and the new phone number in the field provided and then tap “Continue”. A verification code will be sent to the new phone number and you need to enter it in the provided field to verify the new phone number.
Once your new phone number has been verified, you can simply back up WhatsApp to the local storage using the nee phone number before moving it to the iPhone. Once you’ve inserted the new SIM card into the iPhone, you will only need to restore the backup to get all your messages on the device.
Part 4. Move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Email Chat
You can also very easily move WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone via Email. This method can however only transfer chats one by one and may therefore be time consuming. Follow these simple steps to do it.
Step 1: On your Android device, open WhatsApp and then select the WhatsApp chat you would like to transfer to the iPhone.
Step 2: Now, tap on “Settings > More > Export Chat > Email” and then choose whether you would like to attach media or not.
Step 3: Enter the email address to send the chats to and then open the email on the iPhone to access the attached chats. You will not however, be able to open the chats in WhatsApp for iOS.
- It is a relatively simple way to transfer WhatsApp to a new phone.
- You can only use it to transfer WhatsApp messages one by one.
- You will not be able to view the messages on WhatsApp for iOS since they will be attached as .txt documents.
- This method only allows you to transfer up to 10,000 latest messages with attachments and 40,000 for messages without media attachments.