Are you disappointed with the sudden hike in prices of your current carrier plans? Are you anxious about the situation that your iPhone is disabled? Are you concerned about bypassing iCloud activation lock?
Irrespective of your issue, this step-by-step guide can help you:
- Unlock iPhone Carrier
- Unlock iPhone disabled screen when you forgot the screen passcode
- Unlock iCloud activation lock
Keep reading and unlock your iPhone in 30 minutes even without any tech knowledge!
Part 1: How To Unlock iPhone Carrier Without Sim Restrictions
1.1 Benefits Of Unlocking iPhone Carrier
iPhones are locked to a particular carrier by default for a certain period. Unlocking the iPhone to a different carrier will allow you to switch carriers as and when needed.
- You could choose a different carrier with a cheaper plan.
- Switch carriers when you are travelling or working in an area where your old carrier is not available. Thus, you can avoid expensive international roaming charges.
- You can opt for short-term plans or have a prepaid GSM SIM.
1.2 How To Know If Your iPhone Is Locked Or Unlocked?
There are 3 ways to do so, i.e., through Settings, using a SIM card, or contacting the carrier.
- Using Settings
- Using SIM Card
- Contacting the carrier
This method will work well for iPhone with iOS 13 or lower. Here’s how.
1. Open Settings
2. Go to Mobile data > Mobile data options (or Cellular > Cellular data options)
3. Check the Mobile data network (or Cellular data network) option
4. If it’s visible, your iPhone is unlocked. If not, your iPhone is locked.
You need to have two SIM cards from different carriers for this method. Check the steps below:
1. Make a call from the current/old SIM call and let it connect
2. Now, switch off your iPhone
3. Eject the current/old SIM card using the ejector pin tool
4. Insert the new sim card from a different carrier
5. Turn it on using the wake button.
6. Make a phone call and check if it connects.
If the call doesn’t go through, the iPhone is locked. If it connects, this means a SIM card from the different carrier works, and your iPhone is unlocked.
You can contact your carrier and request an unlock. After you submit the request, it might take a few days to complete. Contact your carrier to check the status of your unlock request.
A quick tip: Do not try to check using an IMEI number. This method is unreliable and costly. There are free tools available online that let you check, but you cannot fully trust these sites to keep your mobile information confidential. It is, therefore, best not to fall for such options.
1.3 Is It Legal To Unlock My iPhone?
Yes, it is legal to unlock your iPhone if:
- The contract you signed for using the carrier’s service for a fixed period is over (it’s usually two years)
- All the installments of your current plan are paid off.
As per the Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act that came into being during the presidency of Barack Obama in 2014, it is legal to unlock the iPhone and switch to a new carrier within the legal purview.
What mobile carrier is locked to your iPhone? Check below:
To unlock AT&T SIM, follow these steps:
1. Go to your iPhone settings> General> About
2. Scroll down to find the IMEI number
3. Open the At&T device unlock portal online
4. Enter the IMEI number and follow the on-screen prompts to unlock it.
Now with AT&T, you can unlock your iPhone after six months of service only. You can dial AT&T customer service 06 for more assistance.
To unlock T-Mobile sim card, follow:
1. Open and log in to your My T-Mobile account using Chrome or Safari.
2. Click on the Account icon on the top left corner of the screen
3. Choose the line of service from the given options
4. Click on Device > Check device unlock status
5. If it shows locked, call *6 or 877-746-0909 for assistance.
T-Mobile has a stern unlocking policy. It allows you to unlock your iPhone for 24 months only per line service i.e., it provides two unlock codes, each valid for 12 months. SIM with prepaid plans can be unlocked after 12months of service
To unlock Sprint, here are the eligibility criteria you need to satisfy:
1. Your device should be active with the Sprint network for at least 50 days (for domestic unlocking) or 90 days (for international unlocking)
2. The iPhone should not be reported lost or stolen
3. The device is bought before 2016, i.e., it is SIM unlock capable
4. No billing installment is pending
Dial Sprint customer care on 888-211-4727 to unlock the device.
To unlock Verizon Sim card, follow these steps:
1. Have an active Verizon iPhone device
2. Use it for at least 60 days and pay your phone bills in full
3. After 60 days, the Verizon iPhone will automatically unlock.
If it doesn’t unlock, call *611 from your iPhone device or seek assistance from Verizon customer care on 800-922-0204.
1.5 Third-Party iPhone Unlocking Solutions
If you do not want to contact your carrier to unlock your iPhone, here are 2 third-party methods you can try.
- Using SIM Unlock Chip
- Buy a SIM Unlock chip as per your iPhone model
- Place your SIM card over the Sim unlock chip
- Put both of them together in the SIM tray and insert them into the iPhone
- Turn your iPhone on.
- From the popup, choose a Universal activation mode
- You will be asked to edit the ICCID code.
- Enter the ICCID number listed at the back of your SIM card.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and restart your iPhone again.
- Using Other Online Unlocking Service
A SIM Unlock Chip is a chip that is used to divert the traffic signals of a SIM from one carrier to another.
These chips can easily be bought online or in the market for about $20 to $30. This is a legal and reliable method to unlock your iPhone. Here is how:
The steps may vary depending on the SIM unlock chip you are using. One of the downsides of this method is it is difficult to find the ICCID code for an old SIM card. Also, the method is not always as smooth depending on the brand of Unlock chip you are using.
This should be your last resort to unlock your iPhone carrier. It’s not recommended as it is usually a deceptive trap.
Some of the online unlocking services include DoctorSIM, and Cellunlocker. It is advisable to read all the privacy, terms and conditions as well as testimonials from previous users before considering these services. Because they have a great possibility to breach your privacy.
1.6 How To Know If My iPhone Has Been Unlocked Successfully?
Check below to figure out whether your iPhone has been unlocked successfully or not.
For iPhone with iOS 14 or later：
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Scroll down to open About
- Find Carrier Lock option
- If it shows No Sim Restrictions, it is unlocked.
- You can change to a different carrier with ease.
For iPhone with iOS 13 or earlier:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Tap on Mobile Data
- Check for Cellular data network/ mobile data Network option
- If it shows available, the iPhone is unlocked.
If this doesn’t clear your doubts, you can always call your current iPhone carrier to know if it’s locked or unlocked. Finally, you have unlocked your iPhone. What now? How do you use an unlocked iPhone to switch to another carrier? Read ahead to know-how.
1.7 Bonus Tips: Things to Watch Out For After Unlocking The iPhone.
Are you planning to switch to a different carrier? Here is how you can proceed further.
If you have already bought a new SIM card from a different carrier, follow these steps to finish the unlocking:
- Remove your old SIM card
- Insert the new SIM card (from another carrier).
- Turn the iPhone on, and it will activate
If you currently do not have a new SIM Card, follow these steps to finish the unlocking:
- Backup your iPhone data with iCloud, Mac, or PC
- After all data is backed up, erase data from your iPhone
- Restore all data from the backup you just made.
Also Read :
Part 2: How To Unlock iPhone Screen When I Forgot The Passcode
There are 3 ways to unlock an iPhone screen when you don’t remember your passcode.
Find what works for you below:
- 2.1 Unlock via Mobitrix Lockaway(100% Working - Tried it Myself)
- 2.2 Unlock via iTunes(Not Always Working)
- 2.3 Unlock via Find My iPhone(Apple ID and Password Required)
2.1 Unlock iPhone Screen via Mobitrix LockAway (Most Convenient)
If you are in hurry and have no time for iTunes complex procedure, Mobitrix LockAway can help you unlock your iPhone screen within 30 mins. To speak the truth, Apple is just too great in privacy protection. No one has been able to force-unlock an iPhone (after iPhone X) while retaining the data within, except some top hackers...probably.
Even the FBI failed to crack a suspect’s iPhone and had to seek help from Apple.
Anyway, Let’s get back to the subject. What is the Mobitrix LockAway?
Introduction of Mobitrix LockAway：
Forgot iPhone passcode? Bought a second-hand iPhone? Cracked iPhone screen? Face/Touch ID not working precisely? No matter the reason, Mobitrix Lockaway can help you remove screen lock without any limitation. And then you can restart your iPhone, and set up the new passcode as if you are setting it up for the first time on a new device.
- Do not need iTunes
- Easy to use (within few clicks & neat interface)
- Time and effort saving
- Higher success rate
- Fast as it only takes 30 minutes
- 100% privacy protection assured
- Supports all iPhones from iPhone 5s to iPhone 13, iOS 12/13/14/15 and later.
- Download Downloadand Install Mobitrix LockAway
- Click on “Unlock Screen Passcode” in the main menu
- Click Start to remove
- Unlock successfully
That’s it! Wasn’t it quick?
Mobitrix Lockaway is an expert in resolving all iPhone lock issues. For anyone who is in a hurry and doesn’t mind spending a few dimes for a sure-shot solution, Mobitrix LockAway can come to the rescue. The following are some free ways to unlock iPhone screen. However, these methods though free comes with a price like time-consumption, low success rate, need to meet some prerequisites and complexities. For super urgent situations, Mobitrix LockAway would be best. If you're in no hurry, read on.
2.2 Unlock iPhone Screen via iTunes (Not Always Working)
Using iTunes to unlock the iPhone screen can make you scratch your head (if you are doing it for the first time). The process can be lengthy, complicated with a low success rate. Further, you may also experience some errors like your iPhone not getting detected, stuck during the recovery process, and other unpredictable error codes like 1110,1102 you may not find solutions for (even on online forums).
You can get on with this if you have plenty of time, here is how:
Step 1– You need to have a Mac or Windows PC
It should have Windows 8 or above OS and iTunes installed if it’s a Windows PC. You also need to have a compatible USB cable that works with the iPhone.
Step 2– Turn your iPhone off
The iPhone should not be connected to any device and should be turned off completely.
Step 3– Put iPhone into Recovery Mode
Depending on your iPhone model, you need to put your iPhone in recovery mode.
Step 4– Restore the iPhone
At this step, connect your iPhone to your computer. Now,
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Locate your iPhone within iTunes.
- When you find your iPhone, you will see Restore or Update option available.
- Click on Restore.
- The restore process starts as your computer begins to download software for your iPhone
- Your iPhone will exit the recovery mode screen if the download takes more than 15 minutes
- Let the download finish, then turn off your iPhone and start again.
- Once the process is finished, disconnect your iPhone from the computer. Set up your iPhone again
After this, you no longer require a passcode to access your iPhone. You can set a new passcode altogether.
Note: Speaking from my experience, when I tried unlocking my iPhone using iTunes, it failed due to some unknown reasons. Next, I clicked Restore and was redirected to a Restore page. But all in vain. The Restore reminder popped up again after 20 minutes, triggering the infinite number of dead loops. And it seems, a lot many users have had similar experiences after using iTunes. Probably, a glitch of iTunes.
2.3 Unlock a Disabled iPhone via Find My iPhone(Apple ID and Password Required)
This is another way to unlock your iPhone screen without iTunes or computer if you forgot your passcode. However, the requirements are:
- You should know your Apple ID and Apple ID password
- You have enabled Find My
- You haven’t logged out of your iCloud account
- Your iPhone needs a cellular network or WiFi
If you meet all the conditions above, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Find My iPhone official website on any device’s web browser
2. Log in to your account using the Apple ID and Password
3. Choose your iPhone device from the listed devices under your account.
4. Now, choose to Erase iPhone > Erase. To proceed with this step, you’ll still need to input your Apple ID password. But you won’t need your iPhone screen passcode.
5. This will erase all your iPhone data and reset your iPhone to factory settings.
6. And then in the setup interface, you can choose to restore your data from the backup if you have created it previously. Or you can create a new passcode.
Part 3: iCloud Activation Lock Removal
- 3.1 What Is iCloud Activation Lock?
- 3.2 How to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock without Apple ID Password?
3.1 What is iCloud Activation Lock?
An iCloud Activation Lock is a security solution that prevents anyone from resetting or activating an Apple device without the iCloud account credentials when your device gets stolen or lost.
This security feature is so stern that users cannot access their device if they forget their iCloud account information. But there is always a workaround, and this is when iCloud Activation Lock Removal comes into action.
A kind tip: It was possible to bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iOS devices prior to iPhone X, due to the prevalent vulnerability on their chips. However, there is no technology that could do this for iPhone 11, 12, 13, and henceforth. They say that an Israel-based company has such a technology, but you never know. Thus, all websites that claim to remove iCloud activation lock online requiring no software are scams - all of them. But Mobitrix LockAway has been performing really well, it is a mature lock removal software with a 99% success rate when it comes to unlocking iCloud activation lock.
3.2 How to bypass iCloud Activation Lock without an Apple ID Password?
1. Use Mobitrix LockAway (The Most Reliable Solution)
1.1 Introduction of Mobitrix LockAway--Bypass iCloud Activation Lock:
If you have forgotten your Apple ID and password, you want to get rid of the iCloud Activation lock to activate your iPhone. Here comes a bonus! Mobitrix Lockaway-Bypass iCloud Activation Lock is the best, easiest, safest, and fastest solution to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock within a few clicks in 30 mins. It is totally legal to use.
- Remove iCloud activation lock without requiring Apple ID and password swiftly and easily
- Easily Turn off Find My iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without credentials
- Unlock Apple ID without password
1.3 Benefits of Activation Lock Removal:
- Free to log in with a new Apple ID through the App Store or iTunes & App Store in Settings to download apps over Wi-Fi.
- Freely get into the device again on condition that you don't restart, factory reset, or flash the firmware after successful removal.
- Get rid of activation lock without requiring credentials from the previous owner
1.4 Advantages :
- Effective with 99% success rate: Bypass various iOS device locks permanently
- Easy to Use: Simple clicks and get all locks bypassed.
- 100% Secure Your Privacy
1. Connect your device to PC
2. Choose “Remove iCloud Activation Lock”
3. Start removing
4. Complete removing
2. Ask The Previous Owner To Enter The Details
Do you own a second-hand iPhone and can’t access the device? You can ask the previous owner to enter their Apple ID details. Moreover, ask the last user to sign out of the device and erase the data.
3. Ask For Apple Support
You can also ask for Apple support if you have a new second-hand iPhone you do not have access to. Contact customer care and ask them to delete the previous owner’s account. However, this would require a lot of convincing credentials.
Part 4: Cool, Funky ways to unlock iPhone Screen
These include using voice command and Apple watch. Dive in to know.
4.1. How To Unlock iPhone With A Voice Command?
Unlocking iPhone with a voice command? That’s new! Isn’t? Remember, this method only works for iOS devices 14.6 and later.
Also, you need to enable such a feature before you can make use of it. Here is how you can set it before you are locked out of your device:
- Go to Settings> Accessibility> Voice Control
- Toggle on the voice control option
- Now, tap on Custom Commands> Create New Command
- Type the command you will use to open the iPhone in the New Command editing window. This could be like “Open my iPhone,” etc.
- Now tap on action> Run Custom Gesture
- Tap your passcode in the given area.
- Tap on Save
This was introduced due to the wake of coronavirus, where people were not able to use Face ID to unlock their iPhones due to masks.
This again is feasible if you have already enabled such a feature. This method is compatible with Apple iOS 14.5 and later. To activate this feature, follow:
1.Go to Settings> Face ID & passcode
2.Scroll down to find Unlock with Apple Watch
3.Toggle on the Beagle option available under it.
4.Tap on Turn on.
With this feature, your iPhone will turn on if your Apple Watch is turned on too.
Also Read :
If you are looking to break from carrier-related limitations, reach out to your carrier first.
If you have forgotten your screen passcode, try Mobitrix Lockaway or Find my iPhone to save you time.
If you want to remove an iCloud activation lock, remember not to trust any scams for the quick magic of getting your iPhone unlocked remotely without any software.
You can always use Mobitrix Lockaway or similar software products to avoid unnecessary hassles while keeping your phone data secure.