Did you just forget your Apple ID password? Resetting your Apple ID password has become relatively easy if you have a trusted device or phone number.
What if you lost your trusted device? Or if you can't bypass your device's activation lock because you've forgotten your Apple ID and password? You'll need to go to the Apple ID Account page, appleid.apple.com, to reset your Apple ID password.
Don't worry; this article will help if you are stuck on the page and explain the top 3 ways to reset the password quickly.
Way 1 Use appleid.com to Reset your Password With Two Factor Authentication
- Go to iforgot.apple.com
- Enter your Apple ID and enter trusted phone number associated with this Apple ID.
- Your trusted device will receive a "Reset Password" notification. Tap on the "Allow" option.
- Now carefully follow the instructions on your device. Remember, as per your previous device settings, you need to give the recovery key, device passcode, etc.
- Enter your new Apple ID password and re-enter it for verification purposes.
Enter Your Apple ID
Tips To Reset Apple ID password with this method.
- Carefully click on each step because if the window is closed accidentally, it will all start from step 1.
- Suppose your two-step verification or two-factor verification isn't enabled. In that case, you will have to answer security questions or receive an email.
Way 2 Answer security questions or send an email for password resetting on Appleid.apple.com
- Visit iforgot.apple.com.
- Firstly in the login window, enter your Apple ID email.
- Now click on the option "Reset your Password" and then click on Continue.
- After that, you will get two choices, "Email Authentication" and "Answer security question," to opt from!
- You must follow the instructions carefully and select "Reset Password."
a. For 'Email Authentication,' Apple sends an email to your backup email address. It's known as "How To Reset Your Apple ID Password." Carefully follow the link and the given instructions.
b.For 'Answer Security Questions,' you'll be answering security questions that you have set in the past by yourself and then "Click 'Next."
Choose Answer Security Questions or Get An Email
c. For the "enter recovery key" option, you must remember and enter the 14-digit recovery key code.
But suppose you have permanently lost access to your email or cannot remember the recovery key. Or if you are unable to sign in using two-factor authentication?
In that case, you can not reset your Apple ID password. You can request Account Recovery to reset your Apple ID password if it happens. Then you can regain access after the account recovery waiting period.
What is account recovery request for your Apple ID password?
Simply put, account recovery is designed to help get your Apple ID account back when you cannot reset the password. But it should be the last choice due to the long duration before you can regain access to your account.
Way 3.1 Request Account recovery to Reset Your Apple ID Password via Device Settings
- Go to settings and select your name. Now scroll to the bottom and tap on the "Sign Out" option.
- Now on-screen, you will have to enter your Apple ID password. Now find My and tap on "Forgot Password."
- Now you will have to enter your screen passcode.
- Select "forgot the passcode?"
- Write your trusted phone number and tap on "Next."
- On your trusted phone number, a verification code is sent. Enter the code, and then you will have to enter your screen passcode.
- Now click on "Start Account Recovery" and follow all instructions displayed on the screen.
Click sign out
a. In case you didn't sign in your Apple ID during setup, then open settings and tap "Sign in to your (device)" and then proceed to "Don't have Apple ID or forgot it?"
Way 3.2 Request Account Recovery on Appleid.apple.com
For it, you can use the website "iforgot.com." and follow these steps:
Go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID to recover the password. Then click on "continue."
The last digits of the phone number connected with your Apple ID will be displayed there. Now enter that phone number and click on continue.
On the web page, click "Don't have access to your iPhone" and "Can't use any of these options?"
You will see, "Without an Apple device, you will have to wait to reset your password." Here click "continue anyway" on the web page.
The trusted mobile number associated with your Apple ID will receive a verification code. Enter that verification code, or else
Once the verification code is entered, you will see "Thank you. We'll send you an update soon." It means the Account Recovery is started now.
Click Continue Anyway
a. Select Didn't get verification code, then resend text or call me. Now click on more options and select enter the code sent to your email address.
b. Or "Don't use this number anymore," and then the code sent to your email address associated with your Apple ID.
However, what if you don't have access to your trusted email and devices. Maybe you want an easy solution without any tech buzz to recover your Apple ID password. Or for signing in to your newly bought refurbished tech device with the old owner's Apple ID. Well, there's a contingency plan for you!
Erase Apple ID password with Mobitrix LockAway
Forget your Apple ID, and getting locked is always frustrating. You can use professional tools to help unlock your Apple ID here. Mobitrix LockAway can quickly help you unlock your Apple ID and eliminate the annoying frustration without any hassles or tech buzz.
Steps To Erase Apple ID and Password
- Firstly download download and install Mobitrix LockAway on your desktop.
- Now connect your Apple device with your computer and select "Unlock Apple ID."
- Then click "Start" to initiate the Apple ID removal process.
- Now the Apple ID And its password will be removed, and you can easily enter your new Apple ID.
Mobitrix-LockAway: Unlock Apple ID
Mobitrix-LockAway: Click Start
Advantages Of Using Mobitrix Lockaway
- Efficient And Fast: You can remove your Apple ID in about 30 minutes.
- Hassle-Free And Easy to use: Just a few simple clicks without any technical steps.
- Great Choice: It has a 99% success rate.
- No restrictions: You don't need any trusted phone numbers, recovery keys, etc., to use your device again.
When Shall You Use Mobitrix Lockaway?
- Think what if the Apple ID password slips into the back corner of your brain, and you cannot reset it.
- Your newly bought, gently used iPhone has the last owner's Apple ID signed in.
- Maybe you can't remember your old iPhone Apple ID passwords sitting in the dust-filled drawers.
- The Apple ID got locked due to security reasons.
Mobitrix Lockaway helps Apple fans erase Apple ID from their device and unlock it hassle-free.
Haven't you lost your Apple ID password? And you want to change it to make it safer and more secure? Then you can simply change it with your old password.
Bonus Tip: How To Use apple.id.com to Change the Apple ID Password?
A strong password is vital to keep your Apple ID safe. Many often change their Apple ID password to protect their Apple ID account and all essential data.
Steps To Change Apple ID password
Go to appleid.apple.com and Sing-in.
Now here in the section "Sign-In and Security," click Password.
Then, enter your current Apple ID password and then the new password. Afterward, confirm the new password.
Now click on "Change Password."
Your Apple ID password is updated, so now Sign in with your new password for all Apple features and services.
Use these simple and easy methods to reset your Apple ID password. If you want to erase the Apple ID and Apple ID password on your device, Mobitrix LockAway helps to do it without any technical steps Hassle-Free. And to make your Apple ID safer and protect data, you can always update your password. I hope this article has been helpful to you!