How to update the customized WhatsApp to official WhatsApp after transferring WhatsApp?
After transferring WhatsApp messages to the customized WhatsApp of the destination device, you can follow the steps below to update the customized WhatsApp to be official WhatsApp.
Back up WhatsApp chat history to local storage.
- Here, please confirm whether the developer version of WhatsApp data has been backed up locally on your device.
- You need to open Android file manager, and then check if there is any file under "WhatsApp/Databases" (whatsApp Business/Databases). If it exists, please proceed to Step 2 directly.
- If it does not exit, please download the official version first, and then copy the folder "Android/media/com.hwhatsapp/WhatsApp" to the folder "Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp"(Android/media/com.whatsapp.w4b/WhatsApp Business), or you could directly rename the folder "com.hwhatsapp"(com.whatsapp.w4b) under "Android/media/" to "com.whatsapp ( com.whatsapp.w4b)". Then, please uninstall the customized version.
Uninstall the customized WhatsApp and then install the official WhatsApp from Play Store. After installation, it is recommended that you manually give WhatsApp permission to access the data storage on the setting.
If you did not manually grant accessing permission as stated in Step 2, then you will see a popup requesting the permission to access the storage when logging in the official WhatsApp. Please select Allow.
When you log in, you will see the pop-up windows that request to seek and recover the backup from Google Drive. Please click on “NOT NOW” or “SKIP”.
If a pop-up windows appears, please click on 'Restore' and start to restore the local backup.
- If the second picture in step 4 appears during the updating process, step 5 will not appear.
- After the transfer is completed, if your WhatsApp (WhatsApp Business) prompts that the chat files (pictures, videos, etc.) have not been downloaded, you need to wait a day or so before checking.