‘My brother has serious iCloud issues that cannot be resolved even after spending days working on it with Apple. He has recently got a new iPhone 14 and was unable to transfer WhatsApp to new iPhone 14 without iCloud. We would really appreciate any advice you have.‘ — From forums.macrumors.com
Under certain circumstances, it can be difficult to restore the WhatsApp backup from iCloud. Perhaps you didn’t have a backup in the first place or the network connection is not well enough to allow you to restore the backup. If iCloud is not a viable option for you, this article will offer you various ways to transfer WhatsApp to new iPhone without iCloud.
You can check out the table below and pick the best option:
|Data Loss||Bulk Transfer||Transferring Time|
|iTunes||Yes||Yes, but the existing data will be overwritten.||It depends on the data size of your device. Usually, it takes more than 30 minutes.|
|Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer||No||Yes, and the iPhone WhatsApp messages will not be erased.||Less than 15 minutes.|
|No||No. You need to transfer the WhatsApp messages one by one.||Very long if you have too many WhatsApp messages to transfer.|
|WhatsAppTrans Box||No||Yes, and the iPhone WhatsApp messages will not be erased.||Normal time but it is technical and complicated to operate.|
|WhatsAppTrans||No||Yes, and the iPhone WhatsApp messages will not be erased.||It is technical and complicated to operate.|
Using iTunes to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone without iCloud
If you have a recent iTunes backup of all the data on your old iPhone, you might be able to transfer WhatsApp data to the new iPhone using this backup. This is possible because when you backup your device in iTunes, all data on the device are included as well as WhatsApp data.
It is however important to note that if you have already set up the new device; all data on it will be removed from the device during this process. Here’s how to restore an iTunes backup to the device;
- Launch iTunes on your computer and then connect the old device to the computer using the device’s lightning cable.
- Select the “Summary” tab and then click on “Back up now” to create a full backup of all the data on the device. It is very important to make sure that “This Computer” is selected as the backup location instead of “iCloud”.
- As soon as the backup is complete, disconnect the old iPhone from iTunes and connect the new device. Once iTunes detects the device, go to the Summary tab once again and this time click on “Restore Backup” in the “Backup” section.
- Select the most recent backup that you created and wait while iTunes restores the backup on to the device.
back up iphone itunes
Once the process is complete, you can continue to set up WhatsApp on the new iPhone and all WhatsApp data will be restored to the new iPhone.
The Best Way to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone without iCloud
The most effective way to transfer all the data in you WhatsApp account from the old device to the new one is to use a data transfer tool to move the data. But the tool you choose to use will only work if it is specifically designed to handle WhatsApp data transfer. Lucky for you, there is a tool that does just that. It is known as Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer.
This program is also very easy to use by follow these simple steps to accomplish this;
Step 1: Launch the program and connect both iPhones to the computer using USB cables.
the device successfully connected
Step 2: Click on “Transfer” and the transfer of all WhatsApp data from the old iPhone to the new one will begin immediately.
start to transfer whatsapp messages
Here is the video guide to transfer WhatsApp with Mobitrix
Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer will notify you when the process is complete. All the WhatsApp data that was on your old device will now be available on the new device.
The following are some of the most notable features of Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer:
- It is useful in the transfer of WhatsApp data from one device to another even if the devices are running on different platforms, such as from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone, Android to Android.
- All WhatsApp chats and attachments can be transferred to new iPhone, such as photos, videos, emojis and other attachments.
- It will also be helpful to backup all WhatsApp data on your device to computer for free without storage limitation and restore the same backup to iPhone/Android.
- The program is downloaded and used millions of users all over the world.
- It’s 100% secure to use. All of the WhatsApp data will only be exported and saved on your private computer.
Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone via Email
You might also be able to transfer WhatsApp to a new iPhone without iCloud via email. This process is relatively simple. All you have to do is attach the chats you want to transfer to email and then open the email on the new iPhone to download the attached chats. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch “WhatsApp” on the old iPhone and then select the chat that you want to transfer. It can be an individual or group chat.
- Tap on the contact or group name at the top and you should see information about the chat appear on the screen.
- Scroll down to locate “Export Chat” and tap on it.
- A popup will appear asking you whether you want to attach media or not. If you want to include media in the exported chat, tap on “Attach Media”. If you don’t want to add media to the exported chat, tap “Without Media”.
- Enter the email ID you want to send the email to and then tap on “Send”.
export whatsapp chat via email
Now all you have to do is open the email on the new iPhone and download the attached WhatsApp chats on the new device. You will however not be able to view these chats on WhatsApp since they will be in .txt format.
Using WhatsAppTrans Box to Transfer WhatsApp to iPhone for Free
If you are looking for a free way to transfer WhatsApp to iPhone, WhatsAppTrans Box is the free tool to use. The tool is a product of Mobitrix, and the steps below will guide you on using it.
Please check the detailed instructions as below:
Step 1: From your browser, download the Toolkit of WhatsAppTrans Box.
Download the Toolkit of WhatsAppTrans Box
Step 2: Once downloaded, follow the steps below to extract your WhatsApp data from the Android device.
- Backup WhatsApp to local storage.
- Connect your Android, using a cable, to the computer and copy the WhatsApp data by running the command: [copywhatsapptopc]
- Disconnect the Android from your computer, then install an Android emulator.
If unsure of which emulator to use, install theBignox emulator. Once you install Bignox, set ROOT permissions.
- On the emulator, download and install WhatsApp. But, DON’T log in to WhatsApp instantly.
- Go ahead and copy the folder with the WhatsApp to the emulator by running [copywhatsapptoandroid]
- Now, log in to WhatsApp on the emulator and choose the option to restore WhatsApp data.
- Copy the WhatsApp folder to your computer but first extract it from the emulator using the command: [pullwhatsapptopc]. The database will be stored in the path: /data/data/com.whatsapp/databases/.
Backup your WhatsApp data into your phone storage
Set ROOT permission after installing the simulator - Setting
Set ROOT permission after installing the simulator
Directory of Emulator
Welcome to WhatsApp in Emulator
Step 3: To transfer the WhatsApp to the new iPhone, execute [whatsappandroid2iphone]
Step 4: Download and install WhatsApp on your iPhone, connect it using a cable to the computer, and execute [restorewhatsappdata] to restore the WhatsApp. All chats restored will then
Why use WhatsAppTrans Box:
- It enables transferring WhatsApp to the new iPhone.
- Extensive data can be transferred.
- Conversations within the last 3 months can be restored.
- The tool is free.
- Only chat history can be transferred.
- Only chats within the last three months can be restored.
WhatsAppTrans box comes in handy when you need to transfer bulk chats within the last 3 months. However, if you need a transfer tool for large data regardless of the date involved, use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer. Moreover, if you have some excellent technical skills, method 5 below can work for you.
Using WhatsAppTrans to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone for Free
Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is an open tool that can be accessed and used without paying for it. However, this tool needs one to have computer skills and knowledge to use it.
If you do not have any prior knowledge of using this tool you might risk losing all of your valuable data if you don’t follow instructions well and it is not 100% guaranteed that you will succeed in transferring your data.
The WhatsAppTrans tool can transfer all your data at once however you will not be able to view the messages from WhatsApp on your iPhone but the chats history can be accessed from the files application of your iPhone.
To use the Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans tool follow the detailed instructions below:
The first thing you need is to export all your WhatsApp data from your Android.
Step 1: Visit Github and tap on “Download”.
Depending on what suits you best you can go ahead and download the customized version of WhatsApp(.apk) or the business version.
After that download the “ExportAndroidWhatsApp.exe” tool which you will use to export your android data.
export android whatsapp data
Take note that, you have to navigate to the file manager in your Android and ensure that a WhatsApp directory exists, otherwise you are advised NOT to use this method in transferring your data to iOS devices.
Step 2: Back up your data by use of local backup in your Android. You have to ensure that your backup is successful so that no data is lost in the process then go ahead and delete your version of WhatsApp in your Android then install a customized version. Launch the installed WhatsApp and log into your account and allow the storage permission during your first logging in. On the screen that appears click on restore data.
Step 3: On your Android launch the file management application then navigate to the WhatsApp folder and open it, on the same folder create a file and name it “data. flg”. After finishing, launch your customized WhatsApp and give it a few minutes, this depends on the size of your backup. Then open again the WhatsApp folder in the file manager and check that you have a file named “ok. flg” and a folder that is named “chatpath”, if you have them then it means that your WhatsApp data has been exported.
Step 4: Use a cable and connect your Android to a computer then navigate to the WhatsApp folder again, copy it, and paste it into your computer.
Step 5: Launch the command line of your computer then type and run the command below:
ExportAndroidWhatsApp.exe WhatsApp path
On successful transfer of your WhatsApp data, it will be stored in a txt file.
save android whatsapp chat history
Step 6: Find the latest iTunes version and install it on your PC then connect your iPhone to it.
Step 7: Navigate to the WhatsApp directory you pasted on your computer then import media files from the media file in the directory and any data you desire to your iPhone. You can import the media files to your iPhone’s photos to allow you to view any videos or images from your iPhone.
Step 8: If you wish to access the chat history you can import the txt files under the txt folder to your iPhone and store them in the “Photos” directory. This will enable you to view your chats easily from your iPhone. It is recommended to back up the text files in another account of yours or any of your relative’s accounts.
import android whatsapp chat history to iphone
Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans tool is highly recommended for those who have computer skills and knowledge.
However, if you don’t have enough computer skills, Mobitrix transfer software is highly recommended. It is suitable for all users regardless of your computer skills.
One of the best ways of transferring your WhatsApp data to your iPhone is the use of iCloud but this is only possible when you have a very secure and strong internet connection. In such cases where using iCloud is not suitable then you can use any of the methods discussed above, follow the described steps, and solve your issue.