Top 3 Methods to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone without iCloud
‘My brother has serious iCloud issues that cannot be resolved even after spending days working on it with Apple. He has recently got a new iPhone 12 and was unable to transfer WhatsApp to new iPhone 12 without iCloud. We would really appreciate any advice you have.‘ — From forums.macrumors.com
Under certain circumstances, it can be difficult to restore the WhatsApp backup from iCloud. Perhaps you didn’t have a backup in the first place or the network connection is not well enough to allow you to restore the backup. If iCloud is not a viable option to you, this article will offer you various ways to transfer WhatsApp to new iPhone without iCloud.
You can check out the table below and pick the best option:
|Data Loss||Bulk Transfer||Transferring Time|
|iTunes||Yes||Yes, but the existing data will be overwritten.||It depends on the data size of your device. Usually, it takes more than 30 minutes.|
|Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer||No||Yes, and the iPhone WhatsApp messages will not be erased.||Less than 15 minutes.|
|No||No. You need to transfer the WhatsApp messages one by one.||Very long if you have too many WhatsApp messages to transfer.|
- 1. Using iTunes to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone without iCloud
- 2. The Best Way to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone without iCloud
- 3. Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone via Email
1. Using iTunes to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone without iCloud
If you have a recent iTunes backup of all the data on your old iPhone, you might be able to transfer WhatsApp data to the new iPhone using this backup. This is possible because when you backup your device in iTunes, all data on the device are included as well as WhatsApp data.
It is however important to note that if you have already set up the new device; all data on it will be removed from the device during this process. Here’s how to restore an iTunes backup to the device;
- Launch iTunes on your computer and then connect the old device to the computer using the device’s lightning cable.
- Select the “Summary” tab and then click on “Back up now” to create a full backup of all the data on the device. It is very important to make sure that “This Computer” is selected as the backup location instead of “iCloud”.
- As soon as the backup is complete, disconnect the old iPhone from iTunes and connect the new device. Once iTunes detects the device, go to the Summary tab once again and this time click on “Restore Backup” in the “Backup” section.
- Select the most recent backup that you created and wait while iTunes restores the backup on to the device.
Once the process is complete, you can continue to set up WhatsApp on the new iPhone and all WhatsApp data will be restored to the new iPhone.
2. The Best Way to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone without iCloud
The most effective way to transfer all the data in you WhatsApp account from the old device to the new one is to use a data transfer tool to move the data. But the tool you choose to use, it will only work if it is specifically designed to handle WhatsApp data transfer. Lucky for you, there is a tool that does just that. It is known as Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer.
This program is also very easy to use by follow these simple steps to accomplish this;
Step 1: Launch the program and connect both iPhones to the computer using USB cables.
Step 2: Click on “Transfer” and the transfer of all WhatsApp data from the old iPhone to the new one will begin immediately.
Here is the video guide to transfer WhatsApp with Mobitrix
Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer will notify you when the process is complete. All the WhatsApp data that was on your old device will now be available on the new device.
The following are some of the most notable features of Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer:
- It is useful in the transfer of WhatsApp data from one device to another even if the devices are running on different platforms, such as from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone, Android to Android.
- All WhatsApp chats and attachments can be transferred to new iPhone, such as photos, videos, emojis and other attachments.
- It will also be helpful to backup all WhatsApp data on your device to computer for free without storage limitation and restore the same backup to iPhone/Android.
- The program is downloaded and used millions of users all over the world.
- It’s 100% secure to use. All of the WhatsApp data will only be exported and saved on your private computer.
3. Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone via Email
You might also be able to transfer WhatsApp to a new iPhone without iCloud via email. This process is relatively simple. All you have to do is attach the chats you want to transfer to email and then open the email on the new iPhone to download the attached chats. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch “WhatsApp” on the old iPhone and then select the chat that you want to transfer. It can be an individual or group chat.
- Tap on the contact or group name at the top and you should see information about the chat appear on the screen.
- Scroll down to locate “Export Chat” and tap on it.
- A popup will appear asking you whether you want to attach media or not. If you want to include media in the exported chat, tap on “Attach Media”. If you don’t want to add media to the exported chat, tap “Without Media”.
- Enter the email ID you want to send the email to and then tap on “Send”.
Now all you have to do is open the email on the new iPhone and download the attached WhatsApp chats on the new device. You will however not be able to view these chats on WhatsApp since they will be in .txt format.
The best possible way to transfer WhatsApp to your iPhone is via iCloud. But sometimes, this solution is not viable especially when you don’t have a secure internet connection. The solutions above will prove useful when you can’t transfer WhatsApp from one device to another via iCloud. Select a solution that you trust and follow the steps to implement the solution as best you can.