Sometimes a user may acquire a new iPhone and wonder how to restore a local backup of WhatsApp.
This article has gathered various ways that can be used to restore the local backup to your iPhone. Whether you want to transfer the data from an android to an iPhone, iPhone to another iPhone, or restore on the same iPhone, we got you covered.
A one-for-all way to Restore WhatsApp Local Backup to iPhone
Mobitrix is a powerful software that can restore WhatsApp on iPhone from another iPhone, same iPhone, or from Android to iPhone.
How can Mobitrix Restore WhatsApp Local Backup to iPhone?
a) From Android to iPhone
Mobitrix is a convenient way of restoring your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
This tool also assures you of security for your data, and it also ensures that the data is transferred properly.
Before using Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer software, you have to ensure that it is installed on your computer.
The following are the steps for restoring WhatsApp local backup on your iPhone from Android.
- Install the software on your PC, then via cables, ensure both the Android and iPhone are connected to the PC.
- One of the devices has to be selected as the source, and in this case, it is your Android while the iPhone is set as the "Destination"
- Select the "Transfer" option, and the transfer process will start immediately.
Ensure that the connection is maintained till all the data is transferred completely. With just the three steps, all your local backup will be restored on your iPhone.
b) From iPhone to iPhone
Mobitrix allows you to restore your local backup without uninstalling your installed WhatsApp. This tool can also help you to create a backup easily and restore it.
Before using the tool, ensure that it is installed on the computer, then follow the steps illustrated below:
- Start running Mobitrix on your computer, then connect your devices to it and select the option "Back Up WhatsApp on Devices"
- Select the option for restoring WhatsApp to devices from the options displayed on the home page.
- Select the "Restore" option to start restoring the local backup. Ensure the connection is maintained till the transfer process is complete.
Advantages of using Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool:
- It is useful in transferring data from one phone to another, such as from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone, and between two android phones.
- The software is free for backing up your WhatsApp data on both Android and iPhone.
- Your data privacy is ensured because no data will leak during the backing up and restoration process.
- It has very few and simple steps allowing users to use it with easiness.
- It has a user-friendly interface making it suitable for even inexperienced users.
Other Ways to Restore WhatsApp Local Backup from iPhone to iPhone
To restore WhatsApp local backup from one iPhone to another using iCloud, follow the steps below:
- From the Settings app on your iPhone, select "iCloud."
- Select the "Storage and backup" option.
- Enable the option for iCloud backup, then hit on "Backup Now."
- On a new iPhone, open it and set it up by following instructions on the screen, then hit on the "Restore from iCloud Backup" option.
- Use the same Apple ID used to create the backup and select the latest backup that was made. All data will be transferred to the new iPhone
This method is easy, and it is also convenient. However, it requires a Wi-Fi connection. It also has a limit of free storage and can only be used for iOS devices.
iTunes is another software that can enable users to restore WhatsApp local backup without having to uninstall WhatsApp.
Before using the method, ensure you have a backup, or if you don't have, take time to backup first.
The steps for using iTunes is as followed:
- Install iTunes or ensure it is updated if you have it installed, then connect your iPhone to the PC after starting iTunes.
- On the left of the screen, click on "Summary," then select "Restore Backup."
- Ensure that you select the most recent backup to restore and click on "Restore." This will initiate the restoration process, and at the end of the process, your iPhone will have the WhatsApp data restored.
The advantage of this method is that there are no restrictions on iOS devices.
Disadvantages of using iTunes:
- It does not allow selective restoration of data.
- It requires a lot of space to make a full backup.
- It may take a long time because it may restore other data besides WhatsApp.
- You may lose some data not included in the backup as it overwrites the existing data.
Other Ways to Restore WhatsApp Local Backup from Android to iPhone
Via Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans
This is a free way of restoring your WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. However, it is complicated and requires users to follow the steps well for successful data restoration.
Take note that:
- It is entirely free to use.
- The method requires one to be tech-savvy to use it.
- The method does not guarantee 100% successful data restoration as it may lead to loss of data.
- The tool can transfer many messages at once, but one cannot view them.
- The WhatsApp chats are restored in the "Files" app.
- At GitHub, click 'Download.'. Based on what you need, download your desired customized version of WhatsApp. Download "ExportAndroidWhatsapp.exe"
Check if a WhatsApp directory exists on the files app of your Android. If it does not exist, please don't use the method.
- Back up your WhatsApp data to the local backup of your android phone. Go ahead and uninstall your WhatsApp and install the customized WhatsApp that you downloaded. Open the installed version, log to your WhatsApp account and allow permissions for the first time. Then upon seeing the Restore option, click on it.
- Search for the WhatsApp folder from the file app of your Android and create the "data.flg" file. After that, open WhatsApp, wait for a while according to your data size, then head back to the WhatsApp folder again. Check for an "ok. flg" file and a "chatpath" folder. If they are there, it implies the exportation of data was successful.
- Copy the WhatsApp folder and paste it on your PC after connecting your Android to the PC.
- Open the command line terminal and type "ExportAndroidWhtasApp.exe WhatsApp path."
- Connect your iPhone to a computer that has the latest iTunes installed on it.
- You can export some images and media files from a folder named "Media" under the WhatsApp directory to a suitable location on your iPhone. You can store them on the 'Photos' app to allow you to view them freely.
- All txt files can also be transferred to your iPhone from the same WhatsApp directory under the "txt" folder. You can store the files in your suitable location or even send them to your relative's or your secondary account to store them permanently.
Pros of Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans:
- It is free.
- It supports both android and iOS versions.
Cons of Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans
- It has complicated steps.
- It consumes a lot of time as it involves many steps.
- It is recommended for tech-savvy people.
The use of email is another method that can be used to restore your WhatsApp on your iPhone from an android phone. But this method only allows you to transfer a single message at a time.
Here are the steps:
- Start running WhatsApp on your Android phone, then select your iPhone's specific chat that you wish to send
- Open Setting, go to the More option, and Export Chat via email. Media can be attached or not according to your preference.
- Provide an email where the data will be backed up, then use the same email on your iPhone to access the chat.
Advantages of using email:
- It does not require third-party tools to be installed.
- It is free.
Cons of using email:
- The process takes a lot of time due to transferring a single chat at a time.
- It needs a network connection for the transfer to take place.
- It supports a 'TXT' format only.
To conclude, we have introduced the different ways that can be used to restore WhatsApp local data on your iPhone. We covered methods for transferring between Android and iPhone and between two iPhones ensuring that all users are covered.
Multiple methods were introduced, but the most recommended method is the Mobitrix Transfer tool that can be used between two androids, Android and iPhone, and between two iPhones.
Mobitrix is easy to use, and the interface is very friendly to ensure that even inexperienced users can find it easy to use. This makes Mobitrix the best tool for restoring your WhatsApp data.