2 Easy Ways to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
The process of uninstalling WhatsApp to restore the chat history is often annoying for most people who consider it unnecessary. If you have ever wondered if there is any way you can restore WhatsApp backup without having to uninstall the app, the answer is Yes, and this guide will prove very helpful to you.
In this article, we are going to take a look at 2 ways you can restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling the app.
- Part 1. Is There Any Chance to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
- Part 2. Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling by Mobitrix (For iPhone & Android)
- Part 3. Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling via iTunes (For iPhone)
Part 1. Is There Any Chance to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
Actually, these is less chance to restore WhatsApp without uninstalling this application. Nevertheless, you can still follow the guidelines suggested by WhatsApp to restore all chat history to Android or iPhone.
To restore WhatsApp without uninstalling, you can use 3rd-party tools or iTunes. Because there are 3 official ways to restore WhatsApp, and all of them involve in uninstalling this application.
|Supported device system||Uninstall WhatsApp||Storage limitation|
|Local backup||Android||Must||No limitation|
Part 2. Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling by Mobitrix
There is a third-party WhatsApp management tool that can be used to restore WhatsApp data without uninstalling the app. This tool is Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer, a tool that can be used to create a backup of the WhatsApp data on your device and then restore the same backup to the device easily and quickly.
To use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer to restore the WhatsApp backup without uninstalling the app, download and install the program on to your computer and then follow these simple steps;
- Run Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer on your computer and click ‘Back Up WhatsApp on Devices’. Then connect the device to computer to backup WhatsApp messages.
- Click on “Restore WhatsApp to Devices” from the options on the main page and then select a backup that contains that WhatsApp data you need to restore.
- Click “Restore” on the next window and the program will immediately begin restoring the WhatsApp data to the device.
Keep the device connected through the entire process. The program will notify you when the process is complete
Actually, Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer can do so much more than just restore WhatsApp. The following are some of its other features;
- It is useful when you want to transfer WhatsApp data from one device to another, such as Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone and Android to Android.
- Like we’ve already seen, it is free for backing up all the WhatsApp data on both Android and iPhone .
- It supports all iOS device and all Android devices as well as all versions of the iOS firmware and the Android OS.
- It will never keep your own data. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us .
- It has a very user friendly interface, making it very easy to use.
Part 3. Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling via iTunes
The other solution that you can use to restore WhatsApp without having to uninstall the app is iTunes. Of course this method is contingent on the fact that you already have a backup of the data on your device in iTunes. If you don’t, take a moment to back up your device in iTunes, a backup that will include all data on the device including WhatsApp and then follow these simple steps to restore the backup to the device;
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using USB cables and then open iTunes if it doesn’t automatically open.
- Click on the “Summary” tab on the left and then select “Restore Backup”.
- Choose the most recent backup you created and the click “Restore” to begin the process. When the restore is complete, your WhatsApp data will be back on the device.
But as you can probably already guess, this method does have a few shortcomings, including the following:
- You will not be able to restore the data selectively since you can’t see what is in the backup file.
- A lot of space is required to make a full backup.
- The process takes a long time since you are restoring the full backup rather than just WhatsApp.
- The backup overwrites the old data on the device and you may therefore lose some of the data that wasn’t included in the backup.
As you can see from the solutions above, you can very easily restore WhatsApp data back to the device without uninstalling the app. If your goal is to however save a lot of time when restoring WhatsApp data, iTunes may not be very useful. The whole process actually involves restoring all the data back on to the device, a process that can take quite a while.
Instead, consider using Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer, a tool that is fast, effective and efficient. Follow the instructions above to use the program and then let us know in the comments section below if you were able to use it to restore the backup. Any questions and comments that you may have on this topic are always welcome and we’ll do our best to find solutions for you.