Best ways to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Xiaomi
Among the recognized phone brands today around the world is Xiaomi. The brand is gaining popularity, making others change their iPhone for Xiaomi. The challenge that comes with changing to this brand it becomes difficult to transfer WhatsApp data.
The article has discussed the official tool for transferring WhatsApp from iPhone to Xiaomi, and on top, it has also gathered other third-party tools that can help you in case the official method fails to work out for you.
- Part 1: Does Xiaomi have official tools to transfer data?
- Part 2: Third-party tools that transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Xiaomi Mobitrix
Part 1: Does Xiaomi have official tools to transfer data?
Like other famous phone brands, the Xiaomi brand also has an official tool, the Mi Mover app, that helps transfer messages, contacts, and other files. Through this, it strengthens the brand and encourages more users to use it.
Mi Mover is the official tool launched by Xiaomi to help users transfer their messages, video files, contacts, music files, photos, and other installed applications.
It won't be possible for iPhone users who want to transfer their WhatsApp to Xiaomi because the Mi Mover app only supports photos, contacts, reminders, and calendars.
For transferring WhatsApp data from iPhone to Xiaomi, other third-party tools that support this are explained below.
Part 2: Third-party tools that transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Xiaomi
Mobitrix is the best tool for transferring WhatsApp data from iPhone to Xiaomi. This tool is specifically designed to enable users to transfer their WhatsApp data from iPhone to Xiaomi directly.
To transfer your WhatsApp data via Mobitrix, follow the steps below:
- Run the Mobitrix tool after installing it on your computer.
- Connect both the iPhone and Xiaomi to the computer.
- To initiate the transfer of data, click on the "Transfer" option.
- The devices must be connected during the transfer of data. Depending on the size of your data, it will take a couple of minutes or hours to complete the transfer.
- It works on most phone brands, including Xiaomi and iPhone. The tool can also be used in both Windows and MAC systems.
- It can support very large data transfer without any limitation.
- Supports a variety of formats, be it emojis, audios or videos. You can transfer all of them without worry.
- You can transfer all your WhatsApp data with only a few clicks. It also gives you the privilege to select what you want to transfer.
Before using this tool, ensure that it is downloaded and installed on your computer.
This tool can successfully transfer all your iPhone WhatsApp data to Xiaomi on the proper following of the instructions. It is also free to use this tool, but you must have enough computer skills.
- Use any browser and open GitHub. Click the "Code" option, then download the Zip file. Unzip the file and ensure it has the files below under the "WhatsApp iPhone to Xiaomi" folder. "ExportiPhoneWhatsApp.exe" and "AnalysisWhatsAppChat.exe"
- Connect iPhone to the PC and ensure that you have iTunes installed.
- You have to back up your data first in your iPhone. Connect the device to the computer, open iTunes, and select your device then; if "encrypt local backup" is marked unmark it, then select "Back Up Now"
- Import your WhatsApp data on the iPhone to the computer by first identifying the location of your backup. Usually, the backup is located at “C: Users/Your Username/AppleMobileSyncBackup”, then import the data by storing it in a directory in a disk with enough storage.
- Unpack the data by launching CMD and running the "AnalysisWhatsAppChat.exe (WhatsAppdatapath)" command. In the WhatsApp root directory, you will see two folders a txt and media folders. The txt contains the text messages, and the other contains all the media. Depending on what you need, you can import it into your Xiaomi phone
This tool allows you to transfer all the WhatsApp data at once, unlike email; however, the method is too complicated, and you can easily get lost in the steps.
The use of email is another free way to transfer your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Xiaomi. Follow the steps below to use this method:
- Start WhatsApp on the iPhone.
- Click the chats tab, then on the texts you want to transfer, swipe left.
- Select More > Export Chat
- Depending on what you want, you can include attachments or exclude them but remember you can only transmit a maximum of 25Mb.
- Select to share by use of email.
- On your Xiaomi phone, you can access the data using the same email you provided earlier.
The advantage of the method is that it is free to use; however, it can only transfer a small size of data, the data is not directly transferred, and only the txt format is supported.
To sum up, the official way of transferring data in Xiaomi is introduced; however, it does not support the transfer of WhatsApp data from iPhones meaning that third-party tools must be used in that case.
The Mobitrix tool is the most recommended in this article because of its benefits, as explained in the article.