One of the main benefits of WhatsApp is the ability to archive messages. The feature is easy to use and works the same way as it does in Gmail and Instagram. When you archive a chat, it will disappear from the main chat window, but you can unarchive it and access it at any time. Users can archive individual chats as well as group chats.
But how can you see archived messages on WhatsApp? In this article, we show you how. Let’s begin with how to archive WhatsApp messages.
1. How to Archive WhatsApp Messages
To archive a WhatsApp chat on your Android device, locate the chat and then tap and hold it. From the options that appear, tap on the Archive icon.
view archived chats android
To archive a chat on iPhone, open the chat and then swipe from left to right on the chat. Tap on the archive option.
view archived chats iPhone
If you are using WhatsApp Web, hover the mouse cursor over the chat. Click the drop-down arrow and select “Archive Chat”.
How to See Archived Messages on WhatsApp for Android
If you would like to see the archived chats on WhatsApp for Android, follow these simple steps:
- Open WhatsApp and then select “Chats” in the tab near the top of the screen.
- If a conversation opens, hit the back button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the chat inbox, where you should see “Archived Chats”. If you don’t see the “Archived Chats”, then you haven’t archived any chats.
- Tap on “Archived Chats” to see all your archived chats. Choose a chat that you would like to open
archive chat android
How to View Archived Messages on WhatsApp for iPhone
To view the archived chats on WhatsApp for iPhone, follow these simple steps:
- Open WhatsApp and then tap on “Chats” (the speech bubble icon at the bottom of the screen).
- If a conversation is opened, tap the back button.
- Swipe down in the middle of the screen to open the “Archived Chats” at the top of the screen.
archive whatsapp iphone
Now you know how to archive WhatsApp messages on our device as well as how to see archived messages on WhatsApp. Archiving messages is one of the best ways to reduce clutter without deleting the messages completely.