Top Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud
One of the best things that can happen to people is acquiring new phones, especially when people change from Android to iPhone. But the worries come in when users want to transfer their WhatsApp from Android to iCloud, which is the most common way to backup and restore data on their iPhones.
In dealing with users' worries about transferring WhatsApp from Android to iCloud, we will answer the different questions that concern the user and introduce the different ways that can be used to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud.
- Part 1: Some of the Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 2: Top Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud
Part 1: Some of the Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we transfer WhatsApp from google drive to iCloud?
There is no official way to transferring WhatsApp from Google Drive to iCloud directly. But third-party tools like Mobitrix can be used to enable to transfer WhatsApp to iCloud directly.
2. Can I transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud via phone number/SIM card?
No, that is not possible because a Phone number is only used to enable you to create your WhatsApp account, but the actual data is not stored on the SIM card.
SD cards can be used to restore data on an android phone, but in the case of the iPhone, it is not possible because iPhone does not provide a way of reading and using SD cards.
3. How can we transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud?
It is impossible to directly transfer Android WhatsApp data to iCloud because iCloud is exclusively for iOS users. However, the following ways can be used to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
Part 2: Top Ways to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud
1. Use Mobitrix (the Recommended Way)
iPhone allows its users to only backup and restore data from iCloud. On the other hand, Android also provides Google Drive, allowing Android users to backup and restore data. Therefore, WhatsApp provides no direct way of transferring WhatsApp from Android to iCloud because of the difference in operating systems.
Mobitrix is a powerful tool that can effectively and efficiently transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud. If you want a way that can transfer all your messages correctly and in any desired format, then Mobitrix WhatsApp transfer is the best option for you.
The outstanding features of Mobitrix that make it the best tool to use are as follows:
- It is effortless to use. You can utilize Mobitrix without following any user manual. It provides an easy interface that the user can interact with it.
- It is 100% Secure. Your privacy stays respected throughout the process of transferring your data, meaning that no data will leak.
- Few steps are involved. With just a simple click, you will be able to transfer all your data in your desired format and within a short time.
- You can use this software tool without necessarily having to uninstall your WhatsApp from your android phone.
The following steps will guide you on how to use Mobitrix;
- Install Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool on your PC or Mac, then ensure that both of your devices are connected to the computer.
- Both devices will be displayed on the screen of your computer. Go ahead and select the Android device as the source while the iPhone is the destination.
- Hit the "Transfer" button, and all data will be transferred in your desired format.
2. Use Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans
Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is a free tool that can transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud only upon following the steps below.
Before using this tool, note that:
- The tool is suitable for tech-savvy guys; otherwise, it may seem complicated.
- The tool can transfer many messages simultaneously, but you won't view them on your iPhone.
- The chat history is restored on the Files application.
- It is risky as your data may get lost during the transfer process.
To transfer your data from Android to iCloud through this method, follow the steps outlined below:
- Select the option for "Download" from GitHub Download your desired version of WhatsApp, then go ahead and download the export tool "exportAndroidWhatsApp.exe." Open file manager from your android phone, then confirm that you have a WhatsApp directory. Otherwise, please don't use this method.
- Ensure that you successfully backup your data using the local backup. Go ahead and uninstall your version of WhatsApp and install the one you downloaded. Open the installed customized version and log into your WhatsApp account and restore your backed data.
- Navigate to the file app on your Android and search for the WhatsApp folder. Under the folder, create a file named "data.flg". Upon finishing, launch your customized WhatsApp, then give it a few seconds, depending on your data size. Reopen the WhatsApp folder and check if you have a new folder named "Chatpath" and another file named "ok.flg". If you have them, it implies you have exported your data successfully.
- Connect your Android phone to the PC, then go ahead and copy the WhatsApp folder and paste it on the PC.
- Launch the CMD, then type the command "exportAndroidWhatsApp.exe WhatsApp path." Upon successful transfer of the data, it will be stored on a file named "txt" on your WhatsApp folder.
- Ensure that your PC has the latest version of iTunes, then connect your iPhone to it.
- You can use the files application to transfer your media files from the Media folder under the WhatsApp directory. You can transfer the media files to your "Photos" folder, where you can view them easily.
- Text files can also be found at the "txt' folder of the WhatsApp folder. You can transfer them to your "Photos" folder.
Advantages of this method:
- It is free to use.
- It is compatible with both Android and iOS.
- It is complicated and takes a lot of time.
- It needs enough computer skills to use it.
- It only supports the txt file format.
3. Via Email
Email is another simple method that can enable users to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iCloud. However, this method only allows the user to transfer one message at a time, which consumes a lot of time.
The steps to follow are:
- Launch your WhatsApp on an Android phone, then select the message you wish to transfer to your iPhone.
- Open Settings, go to the More option and select Export Chat using Email. You can attach media files or fail to attach them depending on what you want.
- Provide the Email where data will be backed up, then open your iPhone and use that same Email to access your WhatsApp chats.
- It is straightforward.
- It is free.
- It allows only a single message to be transferred at a time.
- You will not be able to access the chats from WhatsApp on your iPhone because they are transferred as ".txt."
- It has limitations on the messages that can be transferred. Allows only 40,000 if no media is attached and 10,000 when media is attached.
To sum up, this article has answered some of the most asked questions by users. There is no direct way of transferring your WhatsApp data from Android to iCloud. However, the user can still transfer their WhatsApp data using some other third-party tools like Mobitrix. Mobitrix WhatsApp transfer is the most recommended way because it is easy and gives you the ability to transfer your data in the desired format.