Sometimes iPhones get stuck on the loading screen unexpectedly. This makes many users frustrated and stressed. If this has happened to you, well, worry no more. Because this article is for you and will explain to you different ways you can use to fix this issue.
iPhone is stuck on the loading screen
Force restart your iPhone
In case your iPhone screen is frozen and gets stuck when you try to turn it on, a forced restart may fix it quickly. The steps to follow for different models are shown below:
- iPhone 8 and newer: go to the button for volume Up and press it shortly. Do the same for the volume Down button as well then. Long-press the Side button until Apple’s logo is seen.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): press both the Side or Top button and volume Down button till Apple’s logo appears.
- iPhone 6 series and iPhone SE(1st generation):Press and hold the home button and sleep/wake button of your iPhone together until the Apple logo shows up.
restart iPhone 8 series and later iPhone models
restart iPhone 7 series
Plug in your iPhone
If restarting your iPhone does not work for you, then you can try to connect your iPhone to a power source to charge it before restarting it again. Sometimes low power can make your iPhone fail to turn on.
Update your device’s software
Having outdated iOS version in your iPhone can make your iPhone fail to start up. In this case, you will be required to update your iPhone to prevent it from being stuck on the loading screen.
One way of updating your software is by using iTunes. Here are the steps:
- Ensure the latest iTunes version is installed on your computer and then open it. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Select the iPhone icon on the top left corner of your laptop and navigate to the Summary tab from the left side.
- Next tap on Check for updates and then next click on “Download and Install” to update its iOS.
- Wait until the software update is finished. Then restart your device.
Updating your iPhone software can only work when your iPhone has once got connected to the computer and trusted it before. If not, you can try updating software through recovery mode. Fortunately, both methods will not cause a data loss. Here's how:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Long press the button for volume Down of your iPhone while holding its volume Down button. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- When the iTunes icon appears on the screen, let go of the volume buttons. iTunes will automatically detect your iPhone in recovery mode. A window will pop up. Then you can click Update.
Fix your iPhone effectively and effortlessly with Perfix
If you want a better way of solving this iPhone issue without losing any data and without struggles, then Mobitrix Perfix is the best choice for you.
Launch Mobitrix Perfix
Mobitrix Perfix is a professional iOS system repair tool that can help fix your iPhone stuck on the loading screen, or even when it is restarting randomly, among many other issues.
- It is much easier to use than iTunes.
- It is compatible with all iOS devices and versions.
- Your data is secured with this tool.
- It can fix your iPhone stuck on loading screen issue even when you can't get into your iPhone.
- It can fix numerous issues such as iPhone frozen screen, and restarting several times, etc.
Here are the steps:
- Download Perfix and install it on your computer.
- Select iOS system Repair and tap on Start.
- Select Screen Stuck and click Fix Now. Then chooseStandard Repair.
- Next click on the Download option to proceed. Click Start Standard Repair to start fixing the stuck screen.
After this, your iPhone will be fixed and you will be able to use it normally.
Put your iPhone in Recovery Mode and restore
This method requires you to back up your data first because it may cause data loss.
Here are the steps:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Long press the button for volume Down while holding the volume Down button. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a cable.
- When the iTunes icon appears on the screen, let go of the volume buttons. Then iTunes will automatically detect your iPhone in recovery mode.
- On the pop-up that appears, click Restore.
The difference between this method and the one above is, by selecting Restore, all your data will be lost. But if you simply choose Update, no data will be lost.
Put your iPhone in DFU Mode and restore
If the above methods don’t work for you, then you can use DFU restore. This is usually the last resort. However, this method can be a bit complicated and may cause data loss.
Here's how to go about it:
- Ensure your iPhone is connected to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Long press the Wake or Sleep button together with the Home button (for iPhone 6 and earlier models) or button for volume Down (if it is iPhone 7) for around 8 seconds.
- Release the Sleep button but still hold onto the Home button or volume button till your iPhone is detected in DFU mode by iTunes.
- Now release the Home or volume button if the screen is completely black. If it's not, repeat steps above.
- Click Restore in iTunes and your iPhone will be okay.
If you are using iPhone 8, 8plus, and X: press the volume Up button shortly, and then press the Side button till the screen goes black.
To sum up, iPhone getting stuck on the loading screen is a common occurrence. When you find yourself in this situation, you should not be worried. With this article your iPhone will be fixed easily in no time.
To fix your iPhone quickly and easily, we recommend that you try using Perfix, because it is a professional tool that has helped many people fix the same problem with ease.