How to check Samsung OS Version - Quick Guide
Follow the steps below to enter recovery mode on your Samsung device and view the OS details:
For Samsung without Bixby or Home Button
If your Samsung device does not have a Bixby button or home button, you can check the OS version by using the Power and Volume keys:
1. Turn off your Samsung device: Pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
2. Once the device is off, press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons together.
3. Keep holding both keys until you see the Recovery menu.
4. In the upper left corner of the Recovery menu, you will see the OS version info.
Check Samsung OS Version on Devices With Bixby
If your Samsung device has a Bixby button, you can check the OS version by:
1. Power off your Samsung device by pressing and holding the Power button.
2. Once powered off, press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Bixby buttons at the same time.
3. Release the buttons when you see the Samsung logo appear on the screen for a few seconds.
4. Now the devices will enter recovery mode.
5. In recovery mode, you will see the OS version information displayed.
Check OS Version on Samsung Devices with Home Button
To check the OS version on a Samsung phone with a home button:
1. First, turn off your Samsung device by pressing the Power button and tapping "Power off" on the menu.
2. Once powered off, press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
3. When the Samsung logo pops up on the screen for a few seconds, release the buttons.
4. Your Samsung will now boot into recovery mode.
5. In recovery mode, you can see the OS version in the upper left corner.
- If you see "No command" on the screen after "Installing system update..." appears:
1. Press and hold the Home button.
2. While still holding Home, also press and hold the Volume Up button.
3. Keep both Home and Volume Up held down for a little while.
4. This will allow your device to load the Recovery menu.