How to Fix My iPhone Keeps Showing the Apple Logo and Turning Off
iPhones are important in people’s life. If you cannot use yours because it keeps show-ing Apple’s logo and then it turns off, do not worry because this article covers methods you can use to solve this problem.
- Part 1: Why does it happen?
- Part 2: How to Fix my iPhone keeps showing the apple logo and turning off
- Part 3: How to solve if you have tried every method above and still have no suc-cess?
Part 1: Why does it happen?
This problem may occur when a problem is encountered while your phone is down-loading updates, when the phone’s hardware fails, when restoring your phone from backups or when users jailbreak their phones.
Part 2: How to Fix my iPhone keeps showing the apple logo and turning off
Methods for solving this problem have been arranged optimally so that the user to get the best solution. Methods1 and 2 solve small problems. If the problem persists, meth-ods 3 to 5 are recommended so that you can recover your device. Using method 3 does not cause data loss while methods 4 and 5 do. The use of Perfix is highly recommended to solve this problem.
1. Charge Your iPhone
If your device does not have sufficient power, it may encounter this problem. First, connect your phone to a source of power and then leave it to charge. After charging, restart your device to check whether it is working well. If it still fails to work well, try out other methods stated below.
2. Force Restart iPhone While Charging
Software errors such as firmware crashes can be solved by force restarting your device. First charge your phone then ensure that the phone’s screen is black then force restart your device using the following steps:
iPhone 8 or later: Press the button for volume up and then release it and then do the same for the volume down button and then long-press the side button of your device until Apple’s logo appears.
iPhone 7, iPod touch, and iPhone 7 Plus: Long press both the side button and the but-ton for volume down on your phone until Apple’s logo appears.
Force restarting does not delete data stored in your iPhone.
3. Use an Advanced Tool – Perfix
If the problem persists, use Mobitrix Perfix which is an advanced iOS repair tool. To use this method:
- Download Perfix and launch it on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC
- Wait for Perfix to detect your iPhone
- Download package for your firmware
- Choose the option labeled “Start Standard Repair”
- One does not require to download other software such as iTunes.
- Your device is repaired without loss of data.
- The recovery steps followed are simple.
- Perfix supports all versions of iOS and all iOS devices.
- It solves problems that cannot be solved using mobile phones
- There is a high level of data privacy.
4. Update or Restore iPhone with iTunes
To use this method:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- For iPhone 8 or later: Press and then release button for volume up then do the same for volume down button. Long press your phone’s side button until the screen for recovery mode is displayed. For iPhone 7,iPod touch, and iPhone 7 Plus: Long press Side button and button for volume down at the same time until screen for recovery mode is displayed.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC. Choose the Update option.
- If the Update option does not work, select the Restore option in step 3 and this erases data in your iPhone.
iTunes is the official solution that is recommended by Apple.
- Restoring deletes data in your iPhone.
- iTunes does not recognize your device at all times.
- iTunes is not user-friendly.
- A lot of time is consumed when restoring.
5. Use DFU Mode
This method leads to data loss and one should consider using it if all the above methods fail. To use this method:
For iPhone 6S or earlier models: long press sleep button, then press button for home.
After eight seconds, release the sleep button but continue pressing the home button until your PC acknowledges your device.
For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press sleep and home buttons for eight seconds then press the side button and button for volume down. Continue pressing the button for volume down until your PC recognizes your iPhone.
iPhone 8 or newer models: Press the button for volume up and quickly release it, and do the same for the volume down button. Then long-press the side button until a black screen appears. Then long press both the button for volume down and the side button for five seconds. Release the side button while pressing the button for volume down then follow the instructions that are displayed on your PC.
- Your PC should have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- It involves complicated operations which may be difficult for newcomers.
- Data stored in your iPhone is lost.
Part 3: How to solve if you have tried every method above and still have no suc-cess?
If all the above methods do not provide a solution, visit service center for professional repair services since some problems that occur in the hardware of your device can damage it.
To conclude, when iPhones do not work as required, they inconvenience users. The methods explained above can be used to solve the problem of your iPhone displaying Apple’s logo and then turning off. Although Mobitrix Perfix is not compatible with all iOS de-vices, data stored in your iPhone is not lost and it is the recommended method. If the above methods do provide a solution, seek help from Apple urgently.