[100% Working] How to Transfer WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iCloud
March 2, 2021. Filed to: WhatsApp
2 min read
Is it Possible to Transfer WhatsApp from Google Drive to iCloud Directly?
It is currently not possible to transfer WhatsApp from Google drive to iCloud directly (But we have solutions to work it out).
Google Drive is one of the best ways to back up WhatsApp messages on Android devices. But Google Drive’s encryption protocols are vastly different from iCloud, making the transfer of WhatsApp data from Google Drive to iCloud directly impossible. But it is worth pointing out that there are third-party tools that can help you bridge this gap, allowing you to easily transfer WhatsApp data from the Google Drive backup to iCloud.
How to Properly Do It
The transfer of WhatsApp from Google Drive to iCloud can be accomplished in phases. The first phase involves restoring the backup to the Android device. In phase 2 we will use a special third-party tool to transfer the restored data to an iOS device before backing up the data to iCloud.
Here’s how to complete this process in more detail.
- 1st Phase. Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to Android First
- 2nd Phase. Then Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- 3rd Phase. Transfer iPhone to WhatsApp to iCloud
1st Phase. Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to Android First
The first thing to do when you want to move WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iCloud is to restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to Android first. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Begin by uninstalling WhatsApp on your Android device and then reinstall it.
Step 2: Open WhatsApp on the device and then follow the on-screen prompts to set up WhatsApp and confirm the phone number. It is important that you use the same phone number that you used to create the backup.
Step 3: Click on “Restore” when prompted in the next window to restore the backup.
Step 4: When the restoring process is complete, tap “Next” to continue setting up WhatsApp.
Requirements before Restoring from Google Drive:
There are some requirements that you should know before restoring from Google drive.
- Sufficient storage: Google drive enables you to keep lots of data. The restoring prcess may end up if there is no enough storage on Google drive.
- An activated phone: You need to activate your phone with your own email addres and password.
2nd Phase. Then Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
The next step in our process is to transfer the restored WhatsApp data to the iPhone. For this we need a specialized tool that can move WhatsApp data between devices even if the devices run on different platforms. The best tool for this purpose is Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer. Its main advantage is to transfer all WhatsApp data between Android and iPhone.
Follow these simple steps to use Mobitrix to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
Step 1: Download and install Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer to your computer.
Step 2: Connect both the Android device and the iPhone to the computer using USB cables and wait for the program to detect the devices.
Step 3: When you are certain the devices are connected and in the right order, click on “Transfer” to begin the transfer process.
Keep the devices connected to the computer until the transfer process is complete. All WhatsApp messages will be available on the iPhone once the transfer process is complete.
The following are some of the other features that make this tool the most ideal WhatsApp data management tool:
- 1 click to transfer WhatsApp: It can be used to transfer WhatsApp between Android and iPhone devices easily and quickly.
- All chats & attachments can be transferred: All WhatsApp chat history and the attachments can be transferred, including texts, images, videos, emojs, files, etc.
- Backup WhatsApp for FREE: You can also use it to Backup WhatsApp on both Android and iPhone to the computer. And there is no storage limitation to backup WhatsApp messages.
- Your privacy is protected: Any of your WhatsApp data or other information will be kept on your own computer and will not be released.
- It supports all Android devices running all versions of the Android OS and also all iOS device and all versions of the iOS firmware.
3rd Phase. Transfer iPhone to WhatsApp to iCloud
Now that all the WhatsApp messages are on your iPhone, you can very easily backup the messages to iCloud, thereby completing the process to transfer WhatsApp from Google Drive to iCloud. Here’s how to back up WhatsApp to iCloud on your iPhone.
Step 1: Ensure that the iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and that it is also adequately charged. Open the Settings on your iPhone and tap on your name. Scroll down to locate “iCloud” and tap on it.
Step 2: Tap on “iCloud Drive” to turn it “On”.
Step 3: Sign in to your iCloud account if you aren’t already signed in.
Step 4: Go back to Settings > iCloud and the turn on “Back up iCloud” section. Select “Back up now” and the device will begin to backup all the data on your device including WhatsApp backup.
Once the backup process is complete, all the data that was essentially in your Google Drive account will be available in your iCloud account. You can then restore the backup to the iPhone if you need to.
1 click to transfer WhatsApp: It can be used to transfer WhatsApp between Android and iPhone devices easily and quickly.
- • All chats & attachments can be transferred: All WhatsApp chat history and the attachments can be transferred, including texts, images, videos, emojs, files, etc.
- • Backup WhatsApp for FREE: You can also use it to Backup WhatsApp on both Android and iPhone to the computer. And there is no storage limitation to backup WhatsApp messages.
- • Your privacy is protected: Any of your WhatsApp data or other information will be kept on your own computer and will not be released.