How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from iCloud to Android
It may become necessary for you to restore WhatsApp from iCloud to Android if you are switching devices from iOS to Android. Since the two devices run on completely different platforms, it can be quite difficult to move WhatsApp data between the devices.
In fact, the best way doing it is to begin by restoring the backup to the iOS device and then using a third-party tool to transfer the WhatsApp data from the iOS device to the Android device.
- Part 1: Restore WhatsApp from iCloud to iPhone First
- Part 2: Then Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Part 1. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud to iPhone First
The first thing you need to do when you want to restore WhatsApp from iCloud to your Android device is to restore the iCloud backup to the iPhone. Follow these simple steps to do it:
- To make sure that you have the most recent backup of the data on your WhatsApp, we recommend checking for the backup. To do that, go to Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup and make sure the backup is recent enough. If you don’t have a recent backup, begin by taking a manual backup of WhatsApp.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your device then reinstall it from the App Store.
- Follow the instructions to set up WhatsApp on the iPhone and make sure that you are using the same phone number you used when creating the backup.
- When WhatsApp detects the iCloud Backup, simply click “Restore Chat History” to restore the backup on your iPhone.
Part 2. Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Once the backup has been restored to iPhone, you can use one of the following 2 ways to transfer the WhatsApp chats to the Android.
2.1 Using WhatsApp Transfer Tool (Recommended)
The best way to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android is using Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer. This tool is designed to manage your WhatsApp data in numerous ways including transferring chats from one device to another very quickly and easily.
To use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer to transfer WhatsApp data from the iPhone to an Android device, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Run this program then connect both the iPhone and Android device to your computer using USB cables.
Note: It is also important to make sure that the iPhone is the “Source” device, and the Android is the “Destination” device. If this is not the case, click on “Flip” to change the order.
Step 2: Now simply click on “Transfer” to begin and the program will automatically begin transferring the WhatsApp data to the Android device.
Keep the devices connected until the program notifies you that the process is complete.
Some of the features that make this possible include the following:
- It is very easy to use. You can transfer data from one device to another in a single-click.
- You can use it to restore WhatsApp chats without having to uninstall WhatsApp.
- It also supports the transfer of both chats and attached files including photos, documents, videos and more.
- You can also use it to create a complete backup of WhatsApp chat to your computer for FREE.
- It supports most Android devices and all iPhone models including the Samsung S10 and iPhone 12/11/11 Pro.
2.2 Via Email
You might also be able to transfer the WhatsApp chats from your iPhone to the Android device via email very easily. One of the appeals of this solution is that it is completely free to use and it is relatively simple.
But we must warn you that it may be difficult to transfer a lot of messages this way and you will only be able to access the transferred chats in TXT format once they arrive on the Android device.
Here’s how you can transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android via email:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone then tap on the conversation you want to transfer. Tap on the “Contact Name” at the top and scroll down to tap “Export Chat”.
- In the popup that appears, choose whether you want to “Attach media” or you would like to export the chat “Without Media”. Choose to share via “Mail”.
- Simply enter the target email in the “To” section and then tap “Send” at the top. Open the email on your Android device, and although you will see the messages as a TXT attachment, you won’t be able to open them on WhatsApp for Android.
Switching from iPhone to Android is becoming easier with solutions like “Move to iOS” proving very useful. But app specific data like WhatsApp messages can be very difficult to move across platforms. It is our hope that you are able to use the solutions above to easily move WhatsApp chats and their attachments to Android.