How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive in 2020
November 9, 2020. Filed to: WhatsApp
2 min read
If you regularly backup your WhatsApp, you can easily restore the backup to your device from Google Drive. In this way, you can safeguard against losing the WhatsApp chats and media that may be on your device.
Restoring WhatsApp chats from Google Drive is an easy process as we shall see on this article. We shall also look at what you can do when you want to restore a backup from Google Drive to Android and iPhone.
- 1. How to Restore WhatsApp From Google Drive to Android
- 2. Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone
1. How to Restore WhatsApp From Google Drive to Android
Before you restore the backup to the device, there are several things that you may need to make sure. They include the following:
- You should ensure that you are using the same Google account and the phone number that you used to create the backup.
- There should be enough storage space on the device.
- Ensure that the device is fully charged or is plugged into a power source.
- The device should have a strong and stable internet connection.
Then, follow these simple steps to restore the backup to your phone:
Step 1: Delete WhatsApp and then Reinstall it on your device.
Step 2: Open WhatsApp from your Home Screen.
Step 3: Tap “Agree and Continue > Allow WhatsApp to access your contacts”. Verify your country and phone number and then enter the six-digit verification code.
Step 4: WhatsApp will detect the Google Drive backup. When you are prompted to restore the backup, tap “Restore” and after a few minutes the backup will be restored to the device.
2. Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone
While you can very easily restore Android devices from Google Drive, the process can be impossible when you want to restore the backup to iPhone. Here, we take a look at what you can to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone.
Is it Possible to Directly Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone?
Because the encryption protocols that Google Drive uses are very different from iOS, there is no official way to do it. Encryption protocols prevent hackers from intercepting the data as it is transferred from Google Drive to your device or computer. iOS and Google Drive use different encryption protocols, which can make the transfer of data between the two devices very difficult.
However, there are some third-party tools that can allow you to restore the WhatsApp data from Google Drive to iPhone. One of them is Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer.
Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer can bypass the challenges these encryption protocols present. With it, you can very easily restore WhatsApp from a Google Drive backup to your iPhone in a few simple steps.
Begin by installing the program on to your computer and then follow these simple steps to restore WhatsApp from a Google Drive backup to your iPhone:
Step 1: Restore the Google drive Backup to an Android device. You can use the steps described above to do it.
Step 2: Then launch Mobitrix on to your computer and then connect the Android device and the iPhone to the computer.
Step 3: You may have to enable USB debugging on the Android device and unlock the iPhone. But once the program detects both devices, click “Transfer”.
let’s then take a look at some of the program’s features. They include the following:
- You can use it to easily restore a WhatsApp backup to your Android device without compatibility restrictions.
- It is also ideal for creating a full backup of al WhatsApp messages to your computer for free.
- WhatsApp messages can be transferred between Android devices and iPhone.
As you can see from the process above, restoring WhatsApp from a Google Drive backup doesn’t have to be hard. It is straightforward on Android devices and just as easy for iPhones with Mobitrix. As always we welcome your thoughts and questions, just post them in the comments section below.
1 click to transfer WhatsApp: It can be used to transfer WhatsApp between Android and iPhone devices easily and quickly.
- • All chats & attachments can be transferred: All WhatsApp chat history and the attachments can be transferred, including texts, images, videos, emojs, files, etc.
- • Backup WhatsApp for FREE: You can also use it to Backup WhatsApp on both Android and iPhone to the computer. And there is no storage limitation to backup WhatsApp messages.
- • Your privacy is protected: Any of your WhatsApp data or other information will be kept on your own computer and will not be released.