One of the popular social platforms in the world is WhatsApp and it contains some of the memories that most people want to keep.
This article will specifically outline to you the simple ways you can use to transfer your WhatsApp history between devices.
Simpler Ways of Transferring WhatsApp History [For Any Phones]
1. Via Email
This is a simple way that allows you to transfer your WhatsApp messages from one phone to another.
The following steps can guide you through using email:
- Launch WhatsApp then navigate to settings and select the “Chat Setting” Option.
- Select the history of WhatsApp you want to transfer click “More”, you will be notified to “Export Chart” then select to export file media or not.
- Enter an email address that is accessible then select the “Send” option.
- On the destination device sign in to email using the email address you provided and you will be able to view your messages.
This method is very simple as it does not use any other tool and it is free to use however it has the following drawbacks:
- It is very slow when transferring large sizes of data.
- It does not allow you to transfer the data but it only allows you to view it.
- It does not transfer all the data in one click.
2. Transfer via Mobitrix.
Mobitrix is an effective and efficient way of transferring WhatsApp data between devices. Mobitrix is also safe meaning you don’t have to be worried about your data getting lost.
The advantages of using Mobitrix include:
- It is easy to use with only a few steps.
- It is secure and no data is leaked during the transfer process.
- Compatible with multiple devices.
Watch the video totorial and learn how to transfer WhatsApp with Mobitrix :
- First ensure that you download Mobitrix on your computer, install it and launch it.
- Use a cable to connect both devices to the computer and select the one sending as the source and the receiving device as the destination.
- Select the transfer button and allow all of your data to be transferred.
Transfer WhatsApp History via Backup
1. Use iCloud Backup
For those users of iPhone, WhatsApp offers a way of transferring your WhatsApp history via iCloud but first, you need to back up your chat history before recovering it in your new iPhone.
- Launch Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive and enable it.
- Open WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chats Backup > Back Up Now to back up your WhatsApp data.
- On your new iPhone login to WhatsApp, you will get an option of restoring your history click on it to allow your WhatsApp history to be restored.
2. Use Google Drive Backup
This method allows you to save your WhatsApp data to Google Drive and transfer it from one Android device to another Android.
- Open WhatsApp and navigate to the Menu button then select Settings, head to the Chats option and select the Chat Backup.
- Select the frequency of your choice besides Never.
- To restore Backup in the new Android, download a new WhatsApp verify your number and agree on the prompt to restore your WhatsApp history, and allow the process to complete.
However, this method can only restore your data provided that you don’t change your google account.
Can I Transfer WhatsApp History between different systems via Backup?
Before trying to use this method to transfer your WhatsApp history between different systems like iPhone and Android be aware that it is an efficient way that probably will not work because WhatsApp does not offer such a solution. But you can use a third-party tool like Mobitrix when transferring WhatsApp between iPhone and Android.
It is only possible to transfer WhatsApp data between an iPhone and another iPhone via iCloud backup or between two Android phones using Google drive, otherwise using backup to transfer WhatsApp data between iPhone and Android is impossible.
The steps below can guide you to transfer WhatsApp backup between an iPhone and Android but please don’t trust them:
- Launch WhatsApp in your iPhone, click on Settings and navigate to Chats then to Chats Back up and select “Back Up Now”.
- Delete the WhatsApp application on iPhone and install the app on Android.
- Sign in to WhatsApp on Android using the same number as the one you used on iPhone.
- Agree on the prompt to restore your WhatsApp data.
Additional Tips that You May be Concerned About
1. How can I backup my entire WhatsApp chat?
There are different ways to use to transfer your WhatsApp history but Mobitrix is the recommended one that ensures the entire data transfer at one click.
2. Will I lose my WhatsApp conversations if I change phones?
It is possible to lose your WhatsApp data when you change phones because you will have to set WhatsApp afresh. But it is advisable to backup your data to make it easy to retrieve.
3. Can police retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages?
The police cannot get access to deleted chats unless they can get physical access to your phone and use different ways to retrieve the deleted WhatsApp data.
To sum up, it is very important to preserve the WhatsApp chat history especially when it is used for business purposes for referencing in the future.
With the ways explained above, you can easily transfer your WhatsApp history without any inconveniences in whichever phone you are using.
Above all the explained ways Mobitrix proves to be the best option because of its easiness to use and the data privacy that comes with it.