Many WhatsApp users find it difficult to change to a new phone because of the difficulties they encounter when transferring WhatsApp data from one device to another. This article covers methods of solving this problem in detail.
Part 1: How to Transfer WhatsApp Data to New Phone(Different System)
Transferring WhatsApp data from Android device to iPhone is complicated. Below are methods used to solve this problem:
1. Use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer
Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer is a professional tool that enables one to transfer their WhatsApp data from an android to an iPhone conveniently and easily.
Below are the steps followed when using Mobitrix:
- Install Mobitrix on the computer and then connect your Android phone and iPhone to your computer via USB cables.
- Set your Android phone as the Source and your iPhone as the Destination.
- On your computer click on the transfer button and Mobitrix carries out WhatsApp data transfer from Android device to your iPhone.
Advantages of using Mobitrix include:
- It can work on Android and iOS
- WhatsApp history can be transferred selectively
- It does not demand an extra fee.
- It transfers data at a high speed.
2. Using email
This method involves the following steps:
- Launch WhatsApp and select the chat that you want to transfer to your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > More > Export Chat > Email and then select whether you want to include media attachment or not.
- Enter your email then send the chat. You can then access the chats from your email.
Disadvantages of using email:
- Only one WhatsApp message can be transferred at a time.
- The chats cannot be opened in iOS’s WhatsApp because they are attached as documents in “.txt” format.
- Only up to 10,000 WhatsApp messages with media attachments and 40,000 WhatsApp messages with no media attachments can be transferred.
Part 2: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to new Android
The following methods can be employed by users when transferring their WhatsApp data from one Android device to another.
1. Using Mobitrix
This is the most effective and convenient method and involves the following steps:
- Download, install and then launch Mobitrix on your computer.
- Connect both devices to your computer using a USB cable
- On the window that appears, click “Transfer”
Advantages of using Mobitrix:
- WhatsApp data transfer from one Android device to another is fast.
- Mobitrix supports all mobile phones that operate using Android System.
- It is highly effective in the transfer of WhatsApp data.
2. Use of google drive
For one to use this method, you are required to have an account with Google drive on both android devices.
- On your old Android device, launch WhatsApp then go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Backup Now, and then click on “Back Up to Google Drive.”
- Install WhatsApp on your new Android Phone and then validate your phone number. Use the phone number used in the old device.
- Tap on “Restore” when WhatsApp requests you to either restore the backup or skip.
This method is convenient and easy to use but it only supports devices on the same operating system.
3. Use local backup
In this method, you use a backup system in WhatsApp to transfer WhatsApp data from one device operating on Android System to another one.
Below are the steps to follow:
- On your old Android device, launch WhatsApp. Click on Settings > Chats and Calls > Chat Backup to start the process of backing up WhatsApp Messages.
- Check SD card specifications on your old phone before installing WhatsApp If you were using an external SD card in your old phone, remove it and insert it in your new phone.If you were using an SD card that is internal in your old phone, move folder “/sdcard/WhatsApp/” to the new one. Connect the two devices to your computer and open it. Copy folder labeled “WhatsApp/Database” on your old phone and paste it into the new one.
- Launch WhatsApp on your new device and click “Restore”.
With this method no third-party tool is required to use it however, complicated steps are involved.
Part 3: Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to new iPhone
1. Through Mobitrix
This is the simplest and the most convenient method used in the transfer of WhatsApp data from one iPhone to another.
It involves the following steps:
- Start Mobitrix on your computer and connect the two iPhones to your computer
- Tap on “Transfer” to start the data transfer process
- When the process is completed, you can view the transferred data on your destination device.
Mobitrix is easy to use and no data leakage occurs.
2. Using iCloud
This method involves the following steps:
- Launch Settings on the old device and click on “iCloud
- Then click on “Storage and Backup”
- Enable “iCloud Backup” and then click on “Backup Now”
- Power on your new iPhone and follow instructions that appear on the screen and then click on “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to the new device using Apple ID used when creating the backup and select the recent backup. All the backed-up data is transferred to the new device.
With iCloud, users only have 5GB of free cloud space, once data surpass that, they have to pay for the extra space.
3. Using iTunes
Below are the steps followed when using this method:
- Connect your old device to your PC and start iTunes.
- After iTunes detects your device, click on “Summary” on your iPhone then tap “Back up now”.
- When the process of backing up is complete, remove the old device from your PC and connect your new device which is detected by iTunes automatically.
- On the field labeled “Manually Backup and restore”, tap on “Restore Backup” and then select the recent backup, and then tap “Restore”.
Ensure your device remains connected to your computer until the process of restoring is completed. Using iTunes doesn’t give users room to selectively select the WhatsApp messages they want to transfer.
In conclusion, there are many ways used in WhatsApp data transfer for Android users and iOS users. However, Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer is the best and the most recommended method because it is cross-platform therefore breaking the barrier that exists between Android users and iOS users effectively.