How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats to New iPhone without iCloud
A straightforward way of transferring your WhatsApp chats to a new iPhone is by using iCloud. However, sometimes you may encounter many issues preventing you from transferring WhatsApp chats to a new iPhone.
If your data size is large, it will take you a long time to transfer and even get stuck.
Due to these inefficiencies that arise from transferring WhatsApp chats via iCloud, you may need other methods that can help you transfer WhatsApp within a short time.
Part 1 Use Mobitrix (the best method)
Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer is the best and most effective way of transferring your WhatsApp data to a new iPhone.
The tool is very powerful because it can help you transfer your WhatsApp chats from any phone to an iPhone, even if it is different. Mobitrix makes it easy to break any barriers between phones, for example, from Android to iPhone.
Pros of Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer:
- It is effortless to use due to the few and simple steps that are involved.
- Can transfer WhatsApp data between different phones, for example, between iPhone and Android.
- It can transfer all your WhatsApp data and all attachments without any limitation.
- It is 100% secure, therefore no need to worry about your data privacy.
The following steps will guide you on how to use Mobitrix:
- After installing Mobitrix on your computer, please open it and connect both of your phones to the computer.
- Select one phone as the source and the new iPhone as the destination.
- Select the “Transfer” button. All your WhatsApp data will be transferred immediately.
Part 2 Free Methods
iTunes can be used to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to another iPhone. However, this method is only suitable when transferring data to an entirely new iPhone that has not been set up yet.
If you have some data on the new iPhone, it will be erased upon transferring the other data that you backed up.
- On a computer, download the latest iTunes/Finder and then open it.
- Connect your old iPhone to your computer using a cable
- Select the “Summary” option, then hit on “Back up Now.” Ensure you select the backup location as “This computer” instead of “iCloud.”
- After backing up is completed, disconnect the old iPhone and connect a new one. On the “Backup” section, select “Restore Backup.”
- Choose the latest backup and allow iTunes to finish the transfer process.
The advantage of this method is that the data is backed to your computer; hence no limitation on the data you can back up, and it is free.
- All your data on your phone is backed up as there is no option for selecting the data you want to backup.
- You can’t view the data that you have backed up.
- If you have some data on the new iPhone, it is overwritten after transferring the WhatsApp data.
Via Email, you can transfer one chat at a time from your phone to the iPhone. Follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android and select the message you wish to transfer to your iPhone.
- Next, open Settings > More > Export Chat > Email. If you want to attach any media, you can do so.
- Provide the email address that you will send the chat to.
- On your iPhone, use the same Email to access the chat to transferred
Email is a free method to transfer WhatsApp. However, it’s applicable for small data sizes and takes too much time during the transfer process. Additionally, chats are transferred in a “.txt” format.
Using Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans
Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is a free tool that can help users who wish to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone or vice versa. However, this method requires one to have enough computer skills and be able to use the terminal.
- The method is free of charge.
- It requires extensive computer skills to use it.
- You may risk losing your data if you don’t follow the steps well.
- You can transfer all data at once, but you can only access them from the files application.
The following are the steps to be followed:
- On GitHub, click the “Download” option. Download the customized version that suits you, either the business version or customized WhatsApp(.apk). Download the “ExportAndroidWhatsApp.exe” tool that will export the WhatsApp data from Android. If you don’t find a folder named WhatsApp on your Android files, please DO NOT use this method.
- Back up your Android data carefully to avoid losing data. Delete the old WhatsApp and install the customized version you downloaded. Login to your WhatsApp account, allow permissions, then hit the “Restore” option.
- Open the WhatsApp folder from the files app of your Android phone, create a file named “data.flg” under it. Open the WhatsApp you installed, give it a few minutes depending on your backup size. Reopen the WhatsApp folder and check for a folder named “chatpath” and a file named “ok.flg”. If the folder and file exist, it means that WhatsApp was successfully exported.
- Connect your phone to a computer via a cable, then copy the WhatsApp folder and paste it on your computer where you can find it.
- Open the command line or the terminal and type ‘ExportAndroidWhatsApp.exe WhatsApp path.
- Ensure that the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer, then connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Open the folder you pasted on your computer, and from the media files, you can transfer the media you want to your iPhone. You can store the imported media files in the “Photos” folder to view them easily.
- The chat history can also be imported to your iPhone from the “txt” folder. You can store the chats in the ‘Photos” folder. It is advisable to backup your chats to another account of yours or a relative’s account to avoid losing them permanently.
If you have enough computer skills, then Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is the option for you. Otherwise, the Mobitrix tool is recommended because it is very friendly to use.
Other Third-Party Software
Other third-party tools have also been developed to enable users to transfer WhatsApp to a new iPhone. Most of these tools work in the same way, but we are not sure if they are secure or work well.
Be aware that it may cost you a lot of money when using these tools compared to using Mobitrix, which works perfectly well and is very affordable.
- Launch DR. Fone on your computer, select “WhatsApp Transfer”, choose “Transfer WhatsApp messages,” then connect your iPhones to the PC.
- Choose the source and destination device correctly, then select “Transfer.”
- After launching the tool on your computer, select “WhatsApp” > “Backup.”
- Select the location you will backup your data and hit “Backup.”
- Allow the backing up to complete and will be saved on an HTML file. You can view the chats anytime from the browser.
- Navigate to WhatsApp > Backup > History to check your message and any attachments.
This tool work in the same way as DR. Fone. To use it:
- Download the tool on your PC or Mac, and after connecting your phones to it, select “WhatsApp.”
- Select Backup > Backup Now
- Ensure the devices are connected throughout the transfer process.
To sum up, we have discussed the various methods of transferring your WhatsApp chats to a new iPhone without using iCloud. We have seen that Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans is free to use but only suitable for a computer expert. Otherwise, the Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool is recommended because it is easy to use and very secure.
Unlike the other third-party tools that are very expensive, Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer is very affordable and effective.