Most users find it inconvenient when switching from Android to iOS, especially when transferring their WhatsApp from Android to the iPhone.
This article analyzed the non-applicable ways of transferring WhatsApp. In doing so, it introduces two workable ways that you can use to conveniently transfer WhatsApp from an android to an iPhone, especially via Mobitrix.
Part 1: Easy ways to transfer WhatsApp backup from an Android device to an iPhone
1. Via Mobitrix
Mobitrix, a third-party tool, is the most suitable and recommended method to easily and instantly transfer WhatsApp to iPhone from an Android. To use this method, go ahead and download Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer, then install it on your PC. Once installed, follow the steps below.
- Open Mobitrix, connect the Android, the source, and the iPhone, the destination, to the PC using a USB cable.
- Click “Transfer”.
connect the 2 devices to pc
start to transfer whatsapp
The process will run till completion. Ensure it’s not interrupted.
The advantages of Mobitrix are:
- It has no storage limitation.
- It offers instant transfer of the data.
- User data is secured.
- It offers FREE WhatsApp backup to the PC.
- Data is transferred in all formats.
- It can be used across all devices.
2. Via email
Using your email, you can transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. However, only one chat can be transferred at a time.
The steps are:
- On Android, open WhatsApp and select the target conversation.
- Navigate to More > Email. Select the files you need to attach.
- Once Gmail opens, use your email as the receiver.
- On your iPhone, log in to your email. The WhatsApp chats will be located in the inbox.
transfer via email
With email, you can only view the messages as “txt”. Moreover, the process takes time and only supports the transfer of few chats.
Part 2: Ways that are not workable to transfer WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone
To understand the various ways that can’t be used to transfer WhatsApp between Android and iPhone, we consider three questions below.
1. Can I use Google Drive to transfer my WhatsApp backup from my Android to iPhone?
The answer is no. Google Drive uses different and incompatible encryption protocols to those used by iPhone. The difference between these protocols makes it impossible to transfer a Google Drive to iPhone directly.
2. Can I transfer WhatsApp backup using a local backup from Android to iPhone?
Despite WhatsApp being a cross-platform app, the encoding of WhatsApp on an iPhone is different to the encoding on an Android. For this reason, you can’t take a local backup from Android and use it to transfer your WhatsApp to the iPhone.
3. Can I transfer WhatsApp backup using the phone number from Android to iPhone?
WhatsApp is not associated with the phone number; it only associates a given WhatsApp account to a given phone number. If you use your Sim Card on a different platform such as iPhone, the WhatsApp backup on WhatsApp on your Android can’t be restored on the iPhone.
This article introduced both the workable and non-workable methods of transferring WhatsApp from an Android to an iPhone. The Mobitrix tool is the best approach as it is workable, safe, fast, and easy to use.