There are so many threats to the data on your device that it is very easy to lose all your WhatsApp data. For instance, if you don’t have a backup for your WhatsApp, losing your device or damage to the device’s hardware or software can mean that you lose all your WhatsApp data.
On the other hand if you have a backup, you can easily restore the data to the new device and simply pick up where you left off. There are several ways to backup WhatsApp on iPhone and in this article we take a look at the most effective.
1st Method. Free Way to Backup WhatsApp & Attachments on iPhone
One of the best ways to backup WhatsApp is to use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer. This third party program is specifically designed to help users easily transfer, backup and restore WhatsApp messages and attachments. The following are some of the program’s main features;
- With Mobitrix, you can very easily backup WhatsApp on an Android or iOS device to your computer for free. And there is no limitation on the free backup storage.
- You can also every easily restore the backup to the device without having to uninstall the app or reset the device.
- It fully supports both WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business.
- It also fully compatible with all iPhone models and all versions of iOS including iOS 14.
To use Mobitrix to Backup WhatsApp to your computer, follow these simple steps;
- Download and install Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer to your computer. Open the program on your computer and then choose “Back up WhatsApp on Devices” .
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and once the program detects the device, click on “Back Up” to begin the process.
The backup process will begin immediately and the program will notify you when the process is complete.
2nd Method. Backup WhatsApp on iPhone via iCloud (Apple’s Method)
You can also very easily backup WhatsApp on iCloud and even set an automatic backup of your WhatsApp messages. To use this method, you will need to be signed in with your Apple ID and connect your device to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
Here’s how to backup WhatsApp to iCloud;
- For iOS 8 and above, go to iPhone Settings > iCloud and the turn on “iCloud”.
- For iOS 7 and earlier, go to iPhone Settings > Documents & Data and then turn on “iCloud”.
Once this is done, all the data on your device will be automatically backed up to iCloud including all your WhatsApp data.
3rd Method. Backup WhatsApp on iPhone via iTunes (Apple’s Method)
You can also choose to Backup WhatsApp on iTunes. But it is worth pointing out that this method doesn’t let you choose the type of data to backup, instead it will back up all the data on the data on your device including WhatsApp Backup.
Follow these simple steps to back up your iPhone’s data via iTunes;
- Begin by making sure that the version of iTunes you are running on your computer is up to date. Also make sure that the software on your device is also updated.
- Now connect the iPhone to the computer using the device’s lightning cable and open iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically. Click on the “Device icon” from the left-hand side.
- Click on “Back up Now” in iTunes to begin the backup process. Keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete. Your WhatsApp messages will be included in the backup and you can restore them back on to the device if you need to.
4th Method. Backup iPhone WhatsApp via WhatsApp Method
It is also possible to initiate the backup process within the WhatsApp settings. Follow these simple steps to do it;
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap on Chats > Chat Backup.
- Tap on “Back up now” to begin creating a backup of all the messages and photos on your account. On this page, you can also set the automatic backup frequency to schedule regular backups.
5th Method. Backup iPhone WhatsApp Messages via Email
Emailing WhatsApp messages to yourself is another great way to back up the messages to your iPhone. Follow these simple steps to backup WhatsApp messages via email;
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and then select the conversation you would like to email to yourself. You can choose a personal conversation or a group chat.
- Tap on the Conversations name and then tap on “Export Chat”.
- In the popup that appears, choose if you would like to “Attach Media” or send the message “Without Media” and then tap on the “Mail” icon.
- Enter the email address you would like to send the message and then tap “Send” to complete the process.
You can then very easily open the email on any device and download the TXT attachment that contains the backed up WhatsApp chats.
Whatever method you choose to use, it is vital that you backup WhatsApp messages on iPhone regularly. In this way, you can easily restore the messages to your device if you lose them for any reason. Choose a method that is both reliable and easy to use. Backups should be easy to create and even easier to restore when the need arises.