Easy ways to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Android to iPhone
It can be annoying when you need to restore WhatsApp from an Android phone to an iPhone because there is no official way for this. However, many ways exist that can help users easily transfer WhatsApp backup from an Android to iPhone.
This article will first address confusions that users experience when transferring WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone then provide trusted ways of transferring between the two phones.
- Part 1: What makes restore WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone so difficult?
- Part 2: Easy Ways to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Android to iPhone
- Part 3: Some Confusions About Restoring Whatsapp from Android to iPhone
Part 1: What makes restore WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone so difficult?
The official method that is supported to restore WhatsApp backup in iPhone is iCloud. On the other hand, Android supports Google Drive and local Backup.
Therefore, it becomes difficult to restore WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone because they are of different platforms and support different official methods.
Part 2: Easy Ways to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Android to iPhone
1. Use Mobitrix (most recommended)
When restoring WhatsApp backup, one of the users' needs is an easy, fast, and convenient method. Mobitrix provides all those features and other advantages also.
Through Mobitrix, your WhatsApp backup will be restored properly, and no data is leaked during the transfer process.
Pros of Mobitrix:
- Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer is 100% secure.
- It is easy to use, and a few straightforward steps are involved.
- It saves a lot of time because it allows users to transfer all data at once.
- You can restore your WhatsApp backup without uninstalling your previous WhatsApp.
- It can be used for both iOS and Android without any problem.
- It keeps all your media, files, and chats the same as the original account.
The following are the steps for using the Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer tool:
- On your PC or Mac, install Mobitrix, open it, and connect both devices to the computer using cables.
- Select your Android as the source and the iPhone as the destination from the devices displayed on the screen.
- Hit the "Transfer" option, and the Backup will be restored on your iPhone immediately.
Ensure that the devices remain connected throughout the process without any interruption. Unlike many tools in the market, Mobitrix is affordable, easy, convenient, and secure.
2. Via Email
The use of email is another way to restore WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone quickly. However, this method only allows you to transfer a single chat at a time. This implies that you will spend a lot of time, maybe several hours, depending on the number of chats you want to transfer.
Below are the steps for using email:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android and select the message you wish to transfer to your iPhone.
- Next, open Settings > More > Export Chat > Email. If you want to attach any media, you can do so.
- Provide the email address that you will send the chat to.
- On your iPhone, use the same email to access the chat to transferred
It does not require any third-party tools to use it.
- The process consumes a lot of time as it transfers a single message per time.
- It limits the number of messages that can be transferred. 40,000 messages can be transferred if no media is attached. Otherwise, only 10,000 messages can be transferred.
- You are not allowed to open the messages from WhatsApp as they exist in .txt format.
3. via Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans
Users can also restore WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone by using Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans for free.
Before using the tool, note the following:
- It needs one to have extensive computer skills to be able to follow the steps well.
- The tool is free of charge.
- It is not guaranteed that you will transfer your data successfully.
- You can transfer several chats simultaneously, but you cannot access them from WhatsApp on your iPhone.
To transfer WhatsApp using the tool, follow the steps below:
- Click "Download" from GitHub You can download either the standard customized WhatsApp version or the business version. Download "ExportAndroidWhatsApp.exe" as well to export your WhatsApp data. Note that if a WhatsApp directory does not exist on your Android, DON'T use this method.
- Using the local backup feature, Backup your WhatsApp data, delete the WhatsApp, and install the version you downloaded earlier. Launch the installed WhatsApp, allow storage permission during the first login, then click on the 'Restore' option.
- Using the file manager app, open the WhatsApp directory and create under it a file named "data.flg", then open your customized WhatsApp and wait for a few minutes for the data to be exported. Open the WhatsApp directory again and check for a folder named "chatpath" and "ok.flg" file. If you find them, it means data was exported successfully.
- Connect your Android device to a computer and paste the WhatsApp folder on the computer.
- Type the command "ExportAndroidWhatsApp.exe WhatsApp path" on the terminal or command line.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer that has iTunes installed.
- You can use the file management app to transfer media from the "media" folder under the WhatsApp directory and store them in the "Photos" folder. From the Photos folder, you can easily view the media.
- You can also transfer all the chats from the "txt" folder on the same WhatsApp directory and store them on the "Photos" folder. You can Backup the chats on a different account to avoid losing them altogether.
Part 3: Some Confusions About Restoring Whatsapp from Android to iPhone1. What's the advantage of computer transfer?
The computer is used to break the barrier that exists between iOS and Android. Another advantage of using a computer is that you can transfer large data sizes without any limitation on space because of the enormous storage size of computers.2. Can we Restore Whatsapp Backup from Android to iPhone via phone number/ SIM card/ SD card?
No, it is not possible to transfer WhatsApp backup using the SIM card or phone number.
The phone number is only used to help users create their WhatsApp account but has no storage space to store the WhatsApp data. SD cards can help users transfer WhatsApp data, but in the case of the iPhone, it is not possible because iPhone does not provide a device that can read the SD card.
The article has introduced the most trusted ways that can be used to restore WhatsApp backup from Android to iPhone. Some of the confusions that users always have were addressed as well.
If you have enough computer skills, you can use the free tool Mobitrix WhatsAppTrans to restore your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. Otherwise, we recommend the Mobitrix Transfer tool, which is easy, affordable, secure, and efficient.