How to Backup a Large Size of WhatsApp Messages Without Space Constraints
If you use WhatsApp for work-related messaging, or to communicate with friends and family, then your WhatsApp chat history contains important information which you should regularly back-up.
Do you know how to safely back-up your WhatsApp messages for an iPhone or Android phone? You could use iCloud or Google Drive, but what if your chat data volume is too large or you simply don’t want to use up the memory space of these storage options? Mobitrix can help.
We will show you how Mobitrix is an easy-to-use way to back-up large data from your WhatsApp chat history.
The Advantage of Mobitrix
There is a safe and easy solution to back-up your important WhatsApp messages without having to worry about the space limitations of cloud-drives; the answer is Mobitrix!
Mobitrix works seamlessly with both iPhone and Androids phones and your computer - this gives you control over your chat history data through the entire back-up process. If you use Mobitrix, you don’t have to worry about space constraints, either and Mobitrix is completely free!
Let’s look at the other options available to backup Whatsapp messages.
- How to Backup Android WhatsApp Messages
- How to Backup iPhone WhatsApp Messages
- How to backup WhatsApp Messages Without a Cloud Storage Limit
How to Backup Android WhatsApp Messages
Backup to Google Drive
You can back up your WhatsApp Messages on Google Drive, which means they are accessible online through the cloud-based drive. You must have a Google Account and a strong internet connection to complete the backup.
The Disadvantages of using Google Drive to Backup your WhatsApp Messages:
- Google Drive has limited free storage for users - only 15G is available for free. If your chat data is large, you could use up all or a large part of your free storage space. If your chat data is too large, or you already have files saved on your Google Drive, not all of your historical data will be backed up.
- Google Drive is compatible with Android, but not iPhone. If you ever change your phone to an iPhone, then you cannot restore your data to your new phone through this means.
Backup to a PC
You can also back up your WhatsApp chat history to your personal computer (PC). The steps are detailed, but pay close attention to ensure you follow everything exactly as stated.
How to Backup iPhone WhatsApp Messages
Backup to iCloud
iCloud also allows users limited free storage, but only up to 5G of free space.
Users often connect their iPhone to iCloud which automatically updates photos and videos to the iCloud, which means the iCloud’s free space quickly fills up. WhatsApp message history will not automatically back-up, and users must follow these steps to back-up their iPhone with iCloud.
The Disadvantages of using iCloud to Backup your WhatsApp Messages:
- There is a small amount of free storage space on iCloud (only 5G), and usually there are already files stored on iCloud through photo and video backup from your iPhone.
- iCloud back-up only works with an iPhone. If you decide to change your phone in the future, you cannot restore the WhatsApp messages to your new Android phone.
Backup to iTunes
Another option to backup your WhatsApp messages if you use an iPhone is with iTunes. Once you connect your iPhone to your computer, you can open iTunes and select “Back Up Now”, this will backup data onto your personal computer.
Disadvantages of using iTunes to Back up your WhatsApp Messages:
- This option does not allow you to pick what data to back-up onto iTunes, it simply backs up everything.
- If you later want to restore this data, you will be restoring all the data, not only WhatsApp messages, which can take up a lot of space.
How to backup WhatsApp Messages Without a Cloud Storage Limit?
Mobitrix is the answer
Benefits of Using Mobitrix
- Works with both Android and iPhone. If you ever decide to change your phone, you will still be able to restore your WhatsApp chat history.
- It is completely free. Other apps charge to transfer data, but not Mobitrix.
- No space limit. No matter how much data you want to backup, Mobitrix will work! This makes Mobitrix a great solution to backup large amounts of data.
- No internet required to complete the backup. You will need the internet to download Mobitrix initially, but you can complete the backup without an internet connection later on.
- Easy to follow steps. Completing a backup with Mobitrix only requires two simple steps, making it the easiest backup option available.
If you have a small amount of chat history data to backup, you could easily use iCloud or Google Drive. However, if your cloud storage space is insufficient, or if you think you may change your phone in the future, then consider other options to back up your WhatsApp chat history.
Mobitrix is the best option to back up large amounts of data, all for free, and works with both iPhone and Android, so you don’t have to worry about restoring your data in the future.