User Guide FAQs
1. How to backup iPhone whatsapp to computer?
Before backup, we recommend you to choose a disc with the largest free storage as the backup path. It is noted that you must ensure that the free disk space in the backup path is larger than the used storage of iPhone.
1. Click on ‘Backup WhatsApp on Devices’ on the left-side panel.
2. Ensure that your iPhone is successfully recognized by the program.
3. Click on ‘Back Up’ to and the WhatsApp messages on iPhone will soon be backed up to computer.
Note: In accordance to the official limitation of iPhone, you must backup the whole iphone instead of the WhatsApp data. Thus the backup time depends critically on the data size of your iPhone.
2. How Long Will It Take to Backup WhatsApp Messages?
To transfer iPhone WhatsApp messages, you must backup the whole iphone instead of only the WhatsApp data to computer. Thus the time of the transferring process depends on the used storage on iPhone.
- <30G, 15 minutes
- 30G-50G, 25 minutes
- 50G-100G, 45 minutes
- >100G, 1 hour-1.5 hour
We promise a 99% success rate as long as you follow all the instructions shown in the interface. Wait patiently please.
For Android users, they can only back up WhatsApp messsages. Thus the backup speed is much faster than iPhone.
Generally, the backup time is less than 20 minutes.
3. How to Get Your Android Phone Recognized by Mobitrix?
To ensure that your Android phone is successfully recognized by our program, follow these steps:
1. Connect your Android to computer with original USB cable.
2. Unlock the Android device and click on ‘Trust This Computer’.
3. Start to enable USB debugging.
Plug the device into the computer’s USB port and launch the program. The device recognization window will pop up. Click on ‘Start Debugging’.
Or click on ‘The device connected but not recognized’ on the software interface, and then click on ‘Start Debugging’.
You can also refer to the video below to enable USB debugging.
4. If your device still can not be recognized, please click on the ‘Install driver’ in the popup window.
5. Reconnect your Android phone and restart the software.
Here are the official addresses to download driver for some common Android brands:
4. How to Turn on the Developer Options Menu on Android Phone?
To unhide and enable the Developer options menu on your Android phone, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Settings” and then tap on “About device” or “About phone”.
2. Scroll down and click on “Build number” for 7 times.
For some devices, you may need to click on “Software information” to find the “Build number” button.
3. To turn on the Developer options menu, you need to enter the PIN or password.
4. The “Developer options” menu will soon appear.
5. Click on “Developer options” and enable ‘USB Debugging’.
5. How to Change Backup Path?It is very easy to change backup path. You just need to:
- Click on ‘Settings’ icon on the top right corner.
- Hit the button of ‘backup path’.
- Click on ‘Change’ to get the backup path changed.
6. How to Turn off Find My iPhone?
To use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer to manage your iPhone WhatsApp data, you need to turn off the feature of ‘Find My iPhone’.
- Tap on Settings on iPhone.
- Click on [your name] on the top of the screen.
- Click on Find My iPhone and toggle the switch off.
- You will be required to enter your Apple ID password to turn off this feature.
- Click on ‘Turn off’ after entering the Apple ID password.
7. How to Get iPhone Recognized?
To ensure that your iPhone is successfully recognized by our program, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to computer with an USB cable.
- Unlock your iPhone and click on ‘Trust This Computer’.
- If your iPhone still can not be recognized, please click the official link below to download iTunes.
- You need to select the correct version of itunes (32/64 bit) (how do I know if my computer is 32 or 64 bit system)
After the above steps, please reconnect your iPhone to computer and restart the software.
8. How to Update Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer?
1. Click on Settings icon on the top right corner.
2. Select ‘Update’ option from the drop-down box.
3. If the update available, you can click on ‘Update’ button to upgrade the software to the newest version.
9. How to Activate Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer on Windows/Mac?
To register and activate Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer on Windows/Mac computer, you can refer to the steps below:
- Click on the purchase icon in the top right corner of this software.
- Tap on ‘BUY NOW’ button.
- After the payment, the order confirmation email will be sent to your email address. This email contains the information of your order details, registration code and download address.
- Tap on the user icon on the right corner of Mobitrix.
- Input the licensed email and license code on the popup window to activate the software.
- After activating this software, the registration page will pop up automatically. You can carefully read the user guide to learn how to use this program.
10. How to Change Language on the Software Interface?
There are 6 languages for you to choose on our software interface: Engligh, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian. To change the language, you need to:
- Click on Settings icon on the top right corner.
- Tap ‘Language’ and select the language that you wish to display on the interface.
11. How to Restore WhatsApp Backup to Android Device?
To use Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer to restore the WhatsApp backup to your Android device, just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Run this program on your computer and click ‘Back Up WhatsApp on Devices’. Then connect the Android phone to computer to backup WhatsApp messages. When the backup process is finished, the backup file will be automatically detected by the program.
Step 2: Tap on “Restore WhatsApp to Devices”, and then choose a backup that contains that WhatsApp data you need to restore.
Step 3: Click on “Restore” and the software will immediately restore the WhatsApp data to Android phone.
12. How to Restore WhatsApp backup to iPhone?
1. Under the ‘Restore WhatsApp to Devices’ section, the backup files will be displayed by default.
2. Choose one backup file and click on ‘Restore’ button at the bottom right of the interface.
3. Connect your iPhone to computer and the restoring process will get started when the device is recognized by Mobitrix.
13. How to Backup Android WhatsApp Chat History to Computer?
Before backup, we recommend you to choose a disc with the largest free storage as the backup path.
1. Click on ‘Backup WhatsApp on Devices’ on the left-side panel.
2. Ensure that your Android phone is successfully recognized by the program.
3. Click on ‘Back Up’ and the WhatsApp messages on Android device will soon be backed up to computer.
14. Is it necessary to install WhatsApp in advance on the destination device?
1). What is source device and destination device?
Source device: The device from which the data originated.
Destination device: A device that receives data from Source device.
2). If you need to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone or from iPhone to iPhone, you have to install this application on iPhone in advance. There is no need to install WhatsApp if the destination device is Android phone.
3). You need to install customized WhatsApp on the target Android device.
Why is it necessary to install customized WhatsApp on device?
After transferring WhatsApp, how do I update the customized WhatsApp to official WhatsApp?
15. Do I need to get the target device connected to the internet?
Yes. Since you need to log into WhatsApp during the transferring process on the target Android device or iPhone, the target device need to be connected with wifi or cellular data.
If your device is not connected with Wifi and inserted with a SIM card, you can transfer WhatsApp messages via the Backup and Restore feature of this program.
16.The progress bar is stuck at 30%, 50%, 99%…for a long time, why?
1. Some instructions appear on the device’s screen requiring you to perform the corresponding operation on the device.
The transferring process will continue after following the instructions.
2. Sometimes, it may take quite a long time to process the data, and the progress bar is usually stuck at 35%.
The time of the backup process depends on the used storage on iPhone. Please refer to the data below to confirm if the stuck issue is normal or not.
<30G, 15 minutes
30G-50G, 25 minutes
50G-100G, 45 minutes
>100G, 1 hour-1.5 hour
17. How to transfer WhatsApp messages if there is only one USB port?
In this case, you need to backup WhatsApp messages first, and then restore them to another device.
1. Click ‘Backup WhatsApp on Devices’ after running Mobitrix.
2. Click on ‘Back Up’ when your device is connected.
3.When the backup process is finished, click on ‘Restore WhatsApp to Devices’.
4. Choose the WhatsApp backup file and connect another device to computer.
5. Click on ‘Restore to Phone’ and the WhatsApp messages will be restored the device.
18. How to send your feedback to us?
If you have problems during the process of using Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer, please click on the Feedback button on the top right corner to send your feedback to us.
If you have any other questions, please visit https://www.mobitrix.com/contact-us/ or directly contact [email protected] to send your feedback to us.
19. After transferring WhatsApp, how do I update the customized WhatsApp to official WhatsApp?
After transferring WhatsApp messages to the customized WhatsApp of the destination device, you can refer to the steps below to update the customized WhatsApp to official WhatsApp.
Step 1. Open WhatsApp of your Android device, click on Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to disabled Backup to Google Drive and tap ‘Back Up’. This will back up WhatsApp messages to the local storage instead of Google drive.
Step 2. Next, uninstall the customized WhatsApp and install the official WhatsApp application on your Android device. Open the official WhatsApp and restore the local WhatsApp backup.
20. Do I need to log into the same account on the 2 devices?
Whether you log into the same account or not does not affect our software’s ability to transfer WhatsApp from one device to another, but we still recommend to log into the same account.
1. If you wish to transfer WhatsApp from one device to another without changing the phone number, you can follow the instructions on the software interface to log into the same account on the 2 devices when prompted.
2. If you change your phone and the phone number, you’d better update the phone number from WhatsApp settings and then start to transfer.
21. Why is it necessary to install customized WhatsApp on device?
During the process of transferring WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, you need to install customized WhatsApp on the target Android device. When WhatsApp messages are successfully transferred to Android phone, you can backup these messages to local disk or Google drive, and then restore them after installing official WhatsApp.
The format of WhatsApp messages are not incompatible with the format of iOS and Android system. We need to convert the format of these messages and then transfer them to the customized WhatsApp.
Under the circumstance of transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, you do not need to install customized WhatsApp on the target iPhone.
Note: We guarantee that it is 100% safe to install the customized WhatsApp. We will never keep or use your device data. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about the data security.
Why Is Mobitrix Your Choice
Better Service at a Lower Price
Our software offers a better service at the lowest price on the market.
Mobitrix works hard to provide specialized technical services through our Advanced Technology.
24/7/365 Customer Service
Our 24/7/365 customer service support is here whenever you need us to answer your questions about our software.