Tips about the iPhone screen sharing
Many iPhone users may want to share their iPhone screen and enjoy the view of a widescreen like TV, but the way to do it becomes a problem. This article will show you how to share your iPhone screen with a TV using an AV adapter HDMI cable, and other great ways.
To learn about the simple tips, follow the solutions outlined in the article.
- Share iPhone's screen to a TV
- Share iPhone's screen to MAC
- Remote Control the iPhone screen
- Mirror multiple devices to the same screen
- Share Your Screen While Working, Teaching, and Learning Remotely
- Screen Mirror Video Gameplay
Share iPhone's screen to a TV
There are many ways through which you can share your iPhone screen, as explained in this article.
1. Connect your iPhone to a TV with an AV adapter
You can mirror your iPhone screen by using a hardwired connection cable. The HDMI is one cable that can be used to share your iPhone screen with a computer. The cable chosen has to match the input to your TV to make the sharing successful.
It is easy to set up the cable. The first thing is to plug the HDMI cable to your TV on one end through the appropriate input, then use a lightning cable to connect your iOS device to the cable, then set up your iPhone and use it from the comfort of your seat.
2. Mirror your iPhone to TV
To Mirror your iPhone to TV with Airplay, follow the steps below:
- 1. Use the same network connection to connect your iPhone and TV.
- 2. Open the control center as follows:
- On iPhone X and later versions; Swipe the screen downwards from the top.
- On iPhone 8 and earlier versions; Swipe the screen upwards from the bottom.
- 3. Click on the "Screen Mirroring" option.
- 4. From the list of devices, select your smart TV and enter the passcode if prompted for it.
- 5. To end the mirroring session, open the control center click on screen mirroring, and stop it.
Note that the Smart TV should be either an Apple TV or Airplay 2-compatible smart TV.
3. Stream a video from your phone to a TV
You can also stream a video on your Tv from your iPhone through the steps below:
- 1. Ensure your Smart Tv is connected to the same network as your iPhone.
- 2. Search for the video you want to stream.
- 3. Select the Airplay option. If using the photos app, select share, then click on Airplay.
- 4. Select your Smart TV to start streaming. To stop streaming, select the Airplay option on the app you are using, then select your iPhone.
4. Cast your iPhone to a TV with an App
You can also choose to use an app to mirror your iPhone to a TV wirelessly. Although other apps exist, one of the app that is trusted to help is Roku.
To mirror your iPhone via Roku, install the Roku app first, and you can use it to view photos from the photos feature or stream video.
However, this app limits you to content that is supported by Roku only.
Share iPhone's screen to MAC
Different ways can be used to mirror your iPhone screen to a Mac. One way is using a hardwired connection cable. You use a lightning cable or a USB cable to connect the iPhone screen with the QuickTime application.
Another way to share your iPhone screen with a Mac is using Airplay, which involves another third-party app such as Reflector.
Remote Control the iPhone screen
To remotely share your iPhone screen, the following options can be used.
1) Remote through a third-party tool
Skype is a free third-party tool that you can use to control your iPhone using the steps below remotely.
- i. Open Skype on your iPhone, then click the Video Call option.
- ii. Click on the three-dot option for Menu, then click "Share Screen."
- iii. Click “Skype” > “Start Broadcast”.
Once a red pill appears at the top of your iPhone's screen, then screen sharing has started.
TeamViewer is an app that you can install and use to share your screen. However, charges are incurred to use the app entirely.
To use TeamViewer, follow the steps below:
- i. Download and install TeamViewer on your iPhone.
- ii. Open the app. A TeamViewer ID will be given to you.
- iii. On the device you want to share the screen to, enter the ID under the panel for "Remote Control."
- iv. Click "Connect."
Your iPhone screen will now be shared with your other device.
2) Remote through a video call
Using FaceTime, you can easily share your iPhone screen during a video FaceTime call. Initiate a FaceTime call using the steps below:
- i. On your iPhone, choose the target contact to start the call to.
- ii. Click on the "FaceTime" icon to start the call.
- iii. Once the FaceTime call starts, you need to point your iPhone to share the screen on your Mac Screen.
3) Remote through a recorded video
Using your iPhone, you can share the iPhone screen by creating a screen record using the steps below.
- i. Open Settings > Control Center
- ii. Next to the screen recording option, click the + icon.
- iii. Open Control Center and click the dot icon to start the screen recording.
- iv. To stop the recording, click the dot with a red status bar
You can then view the screen recording from your Photos folder.
4) Remote Share through MAC
To mirror your iPhone screen to a Mac, you need to have QuickTime installed. Follow the steps below:
- 1. Create a connection of both your Mac and iPhone.
- 2. Launch QuickTime on your Mac.
- 3. On the top of the screen, click on "File."
- 4. Select "New Movie Recording"
- 5. In the middle, near the red button, click the down arrow, then select your iPhone. Disconnect and reconnect if your iPhone is not listed.
Your iPhone screen should be mirrored now in the exact shape of your iPhone.
Mirror multiple devices to the same screen
Most receivers only allow a single device to screen be screen mirrored. This is the limitation of screen mirroring iPad or iPhone.
However, a simple trick that can be used to display many devices is using the Reflector app. To mirror multiple different devices, follow the steps below:
1.Starting with the first device that you want to share screen, follow the below.
Click here to Screen Mirror your iPhone via Reflector.
For screen mirroring an iPad, click here for the steps.
2. Repeat all the other steps to screen Mirror the other devices.
Share Your Screen While Working, Teaching, and Learning Remotely
Nowadays, many people work, learn and teach from the comfort of their homes. In this case, users may want to collaborate with others and share their screens while working.
With growing technology, this is made simple, and many users can share their screens with others through using different software.
To share your iPhone screen or iPad screen while working, learning, or teaching from home, you can use the different tools as shown below.
Screen Mirror Video Gameplay
It is also possible
1. Screen Mirror Oculus Go to Tv or Computer
Oculus Go can display the contents of your iPhone wirelessly. This is made possible by the Reflector app. Here are steps on how to Mirror Oculus Go to your Tv or computer.
2. Stream Mobile Games and Apps From iPhone
With Reflector, you can successfully create a high-quality stream of your favorite game on your iPhone. It doesn't matter whether you are a beginner or an expert. Click here to learn how to stream games to Twitch.
To conclude, the article has outlined the different ways you can screen Mirror your iPhone. All the third-party tools mentioned in the article have been suggested by other iPhone users who found them useful and helpful. I hope they were helpful.