What to do when your iPhone screen goes black
Issues with our iPhone can send some chills within us, and when the iPhone screen goes black unexpectedly, tensions arise. However, don’t panic. This article will show you how to fix your iPhone with the right, effective, and instant methods.
- Part 1 Solve the problem on iPhone
- Part 2 Solve problem with Perfix
- Part 3 Solve the problem with iTunes
- Part 4 Turn to professional help
- Part 5 Tips for avoiding iPhone black screen happening again
Part 1 Solve the problem on iPhone
The problem causing the iPhone black screen may be due to the iPhone itself. If so, here are two methods to fix this.
1. Force restart iPhone while charging
This first method requires you first to connect your iPhone to the socket using a non-faulty cable, then allow it to charge for a few minutes, then go ahead and force it to reboot, as shown below.
- a) iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 12, or iPhone 11: Press and release the iPhone’s up-volume button. Press and release the down-volume button too. Then, long-press the Side button of the iPhone until Apple’s logo shows up.
- b) iPhone 8: Press and release the iPhone’s up-volume button. Press and release the down-volume button too. Then, long-press the Side button of the iPhone until Apple’s logo shows up.
- c) iPhone 7: Long-press the iPhone’s down-volume and Sleep buttons simultaneously, only release when Apple’s logo appears.
- d) iPhone 6s: Long-press the iPhone’s Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until Apple’s logo appears.
Once the iPhone restart, check if the black screen has been fixed.
2. Charge up your phone
If the battery level of the iPhone is low, it may get stuck on the black screen. So, using the original USB cable and charger, connect your iPhone to the socket and let the iPhone charge for a few hours. If the iPhone shows no signs of charging, check the charging accessories and ensure they are in the right shape.
Part 2 Solve problem with Perfix
To easily fix your iPhone screen went black problem more professionally, use a professional tool, Perfix, designed to help you fix your iOS problems with the most minimal steps used and shortest time possible.
To use Perfix, use the steps below:
- i. Download and install Perfix, open it, and connect your iPhone using a cable to the computer.
- ii. Select the option for “Standard Mode”.
- iii. Click “Download”, Perfix will download and install the firmware needed to fix your iPhone.
- iv. To start the process, click “Start”.
The advantages of Perfix are:
- i. It instantly fixes the iPhone black screen.
- ii. Perfix doesn’t require iTunes.
- iii. Your data is kept safe during the process.
- iv. Perfix has a user-friendly interface.
- v. Perfix is a professional tool that has been used by many to fix their iPhones.
Part 3 Solve the problem with iTunes
With iTunes, you can fix your iPhone in either of the three ways below.
1. Put your iPhone into recovery mode and update
To fix your iPhone black screen without losing your data, you can use recovery mode to restore the iPhone using the steps below:
- i. Connect your iPhone with iTunes with your computer.
- ii. Once connected, do the following:
- iPhone 8 or later models: press the up-volume button, then release it. Similarly, press then release the down-volume button. Then, long-press the iPhone’s Side button until it enters recovery mode.
- iPhone 7 Plus, or 7: long-press the volume-down and Side buttons simultaneously until the iPhone enters recovery mode.
- iPhone 6s or earlier models: Simultaneously long-press the Top and Home buttons until the iPhone enters recovery mode.
- iii. Once iTunes request whether to Update or restore your iPhone, click the “Update” option.
Although this method causes no data loss, iTunes may fail to detect your iPhone, and the process takes a long-time to restore the iPhone.
2. Use DFU mode to restore the iPhone (DATA LOSS)
Using DFU mode to fix your iPhone is a risky and complicated method. Moreover, all your data will be lost, so ensure you have a backup before you proceed with the steps below:
- i. Connect iPhone with iTunes on computer
- ii. Enter DFU mode:
- a) For iPhone 8 or later models: quickly press then release the up-volume button, repeat the same for the down-volume button. Once a black screen displays, long-press the Side and down-volume buttons for 5 seconds. Hold the down-volume button but release the Side button. The instructions displayed on the screen will guide you on what to do afterward.
- b) For iPhone 7 users or 7 Plus: For 8 seconds, long-press the down-volume and Side buttons. Release the iPhone’s Side button but hold the down volume button until the computer recognizes the iPhone.
- c) For iPhone 6s users or earlier models: For 8 seconds, long-press the Home and Sleep buttons. Release the iPhone’s Sleep button but hold the Home button until the computer recognizes the iPhone.
- iii. iTunes will prompt you to either choose to restore or update your iPhone. Click “Restore” > “OK”.
- iv. Finally, click “Restore iPhone”.
- Once your iPhone is restored in DFU mode, the iPhone screen went black problem will be fixed. However, your data will be lost, iTunes is not easy to use, and the iPhone may fail to be recognized by iTunes.
3. Put your iPhone into recovery mode and restore (DATA LOSS)
Using iTunes, you can restore the iPhone to wipe all the data and fix the iPhone if updating the iPhone failed. For this method, enter recovery mode as shown in Method 2 above, and on the last step where iTunes asks you to choose between “Restore” or “Update”, click “Restore”.
Once the iPhone is restored, the black screen on your iPhone will be fixed. Go ahead and restore your backup to continue using your iPhone.
This method relies upon iTunes, which is user-unfriendly and time-consuming in the restore process. Moreover, your data will be lost during the process.
Part 4 Turn to professional help
If still stuck at the iPhone black screen, contact Apple Support to fix your iPhone or seek a solution from Apple’s support discussions communities groups of Apple. However, the support communities take time before a member responds to your problem with a solution.
Part 5 Tips for avoiding iPhone black screen happening again
Update the app that causes the problem
If a troublesome app is the cause of the iPhone is stuck at the black screen, you can update the app and hopefully fix the issue.
To update the app:
- i. Open App Store.
- ii. Click “Updates”.
- iii. Install any update if any of the app.
- iv. Restart your iPhone.
Doing so will fix the issue with the app and fix the iPhone black screen.
This article introduced you to the various ways to fix your iPhone screen went black issue. Various methods were introduced to ensure a handy tutorial was delivered to fix your iPhone issue. Using Perfix to fix the black screen is recommended as no data loss is incurred, the process is easy, effective, and instant. To quickly fix your iPhone, use Perfix professional repair tool.