How to Fix iPhone XR/11/12 Can't be Switched Off - 2021
Users may sometimes need to restart their iPhones to save power usage or solve specific issues. It becomes stressful when users are not able to switch off their iPhones.
This article has gathered all the possible ways that iPhone XR, 11, and 12 users can switch off their iPhones when they have failed to switch off.
- 1.Turn it off through buttons
- 2.Turn it off via Settings
- 3.By Assistive Touch
- 4.Do a force restart
- 5.Update your device
- 6.Reset your device
- 7.Fix the issue via Perfix
- 8.Put your device into a DFU Mode through iTunes
1.Turn it off through buttons
Usually, iPhones with Home buttons are turned off by pressing the power button, but for iPhone XR, this will instead trigger Siri. So to turn off iPhone 11, 12, and XR, you need to remember combinations of buttons and follow the steps below.
To turn off an iPhone with Face ID:
- Long-press the volume button.
- Press the Side button and hold it.
- The slider will show up. Drag it to turn off your iPhone.
Sometimes, the steps above may only take a screenshot or put your iPhone to sleep. This can be discouraging, but the following steps are preferred to shut off your iPhone:
- Start by pressing the button for volume up, do the same for volume down.
- Next, press the side button and hold it.
- A slider will pop up. Drag it to shut down your iPhone. You can turn it on by long-pressing the side button.
2.Turn it off via Settings
- Go to the app for Settings
- Navigate to the General section, scroll downwards and select the option for “Shut down”
This method will only help you shut down the iPhone but does not solve any issue like when a hard restart is done.
3.By Assistive Touch
You have to enable the Assistive Touch feature before using it to shut down your iPhone.To turn on the feature:
- Go to settings, and under the general section, select Accessibility and turn on the feature by selecting it.
- Select the square icon and click on “Restart”.
4.Do a force restart
To hard restart the mentioned versions of iPhone, perform the steps below:
- Press the button for volume up shortly, then release it.
- Do the same for the button for volume down.
- Press the Side button long enough for the screen to turn off. Continue pressing the button until the logo appears if you want to turn it on again.
5.Update your device
To update your iPhone to the latest version, follow the steps below but first, back up your data.
- Select the Settings app, then head to General and select it.
- Select the option for “Software Update”.
- If your iPhone is updated, you will be notified so but otherwise, follow the onscreen instructions to update it. You can enable the option for automatic updates to be automatically updated whenever they are available.
6.Reset your device
When your iPhone is not set up correctly, it may cause a lot of problems. A simple way of fixing your iPhone is by resetting the settings and restoring the factory settings. Although this may not solve all issues, you can give it a try.
- From the Home screen, go to Settings and navigate to General.
- Scroll to the option for resetting and click on ‘Reset All Settings”.
- Provide your passcode and confirm the prompt by clicking on “Reset All Settings” again.
Allow the process to be completed, and the iPhone will automatically turn on. You have to back up your data first before using this method.
7.Fix the issue via Perfix
Perfix is a third-party tool that can help you switch off your iPhone by following a few simple steps. This tool can also solve other issues that your iPhone may be having, like the black screen and repeated restarts.
Advantages of using this tool are:
- It fixes multiple problems on your Apple device, like the black screen and low volume.
- It can help fix the problem even when the iPhone is not functioning.
- Very compatible with all iOS versions and systems.
- It has few and easy steps as compared to iTunes.
- No data is lost or leaked during the process.
Steps to follow:
- Download Perfix, install it, and launch it on your computer after connecting your iPhone to the computer. Click on “Start” from the main interface.
- Select the “Standard Repair” option.
- Press the “Download’ button for the correct firmware to be downloaded.
- Click on ‘Done’ after the process is complete. Your iPhone will be fixed, and you will be able to shut it down.
8.Put your device into a DFU Mode through iTunes
Before trying the steps below, ensure that you have the latest iTunes version on your computer. The following steps will guide you:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer through a cable.
- Start iTunes and check for your device.
- On your iPhone, press the button for volume down, do the same for the volume down button.
- Press the side button until the screen blackens. Hold both the side and volume down buttons for five seconds.
- Release the Side button alone but continue holding the other button till the iPhone enters DFU mode.
- Select the option for ‘Restore iPhone”. At the end of the restoration process, the DFU mode will exit.
To conclude, we believe that this article has solved your iPhone issue by following the methods outlined above.
If you want an efficient method that is simple to use, then Perfix is the recommended one. With Perfix your issue will be solved within a few minutes. It also has many advantages, as explained in the article, that make it the best option.