How to Save Battery Life on Your iPhone
Is your iPhone consuming too much battery power and you are wondering how you can solve this? Well, worry no more because with this article you will get to know all information about your iPhone battery life.
You will be to learn a few tricks that can help you save your iPhone’s battery life after understand-ing battery performance in iPhone. Let’s get started!
- Understand Battery Performance of iPhone
- About lithium-ion batteries
- How can you check the health of your iPhone battery?
- How to check iPhone battery life information
- How to improve iPhone battery life
Understand Battery Performance of iPhone
One of the key considerations of iPhone design is to enable users to easily interact with it. An im-portant feature that makes it possible for iPhone to work as expected is the battery and how well it can perform.
Many factors contribute to the performance of battery life. However, it doesn’t matter how well you have taken care of your battery because, with time as you are using your iPhone, its lifespan continues decreasing meaning that at long last you will need to replace it.
The more you use your battery the more its performance decreases. This affects the performance of your iPhone and you will notice that as time goes by, your iPhone may hold battery for a short pe-riod forcing you to charge it every time.
About lithium-ion batteries
Lithium-ion technology is used in iPhone batteries. The advantage of these batteries is that they can charge faster and can last for a long time. These batteries are also very light and they can be used for a long time without deteriorating in performance, this is made possible by the high-power den-sity that they have.
How can you check the health of your iPhone battery?
For you to be able to check your iPhone battery life, ensure that your iPhone is running on iOS 11.3 and higher versions otherwise, you need to update to the named version or higher to be able to check the battery life.
The steps below will guide you on how to check the health of your iPhone battery:
- 1. Navigate to the Application for Settings and launch it.
- 2. Click on “Battery”
- 3. Select the option for “Battery Health”
- 4.You can check the maximum capacity for your iPhone battery and the peak perfor-mance.
Apple approximates that a user can use their battery for approximately two years without decreas-ing their peak performance.
If you are using an older iOS version that cannot be updated then you can’t be able to check your iPhone battery health using the Settings app. But you can contact Apple and ask them to do the test for you.
How to check iPhone battery life information
To analyze the iPhone battery life, go to the Settings app and click on Battery then select the section for Battery Health.
You will be able to get a quick analysis of the usage of your battery. Apple advises that you are safer when the maximum capacity is closer to 100% because it means it is performing better. A lower percentage means that your iPhone may not hold power for a long time.
If the battery is still able to work normally then you don’t have to worry. Otherwise, you may no-tice that your iPhone takes a long time to launch apps, the apps are slower, dim backlight and even decreased speaker volume.
How to improve iPhone battery life
If your iPhone battery life has decreased there is nothing you can do about it. Therefore, although it holds less than 80 % peak capacity you will be able to use your iPhone normally through using the tricks outlined below.
- 1. Lower the brightness of your screen from the settings app. You can also opt to set Auto-Brightness from accessibility Settings which will decrease the brightness automatically when your iPhone reaches a given percentage.
- 2. If possible make it a habit of using Wi-Fi and not cellular data, this will help you to save power.
- 3. Avoid charging your iPhone all the time unless it is necessary. Lithium-ion battery de-grades after charging 500 times. Therefore, charge your iPhone only when it is necessary to prolong its life.
- 4. Enable the option for “Optimized Battery charging”, this will enable your iPhone to learn your charging habits and prevent it from overcharging.
- 5. Keep your iPhone out of direct sunlight to avoid overheating issues. Ensure it is in an air-conditioned environment.
- 6. Always update your software for security purposes and improving the iPhone battery life. You can enable auto-update to avoid forgetting to update.
- 7. Ensure that background activity on your iPhone is limited. You can do this by going to Set-tings > General > Background App Refresh and disable it. You can disable automatic email checks from the Mail App in the option for “Fetch New Data”.
- 8. Manage your notifications from the settings app to avoid waking up the Home screen which drains your battery.
- 9. Enable “Low Power Mode”
To conclude, this article has guided you on how you can check your iPhone battery life. If you want to get a deeper understanding of your battery performance, this article got you covered. If your iPhone Battery life has decreased don’t worry because the article has got a solution for you. Apply the simple tricks explained above and you can enjoy using your iPhone without having to worry about the battery.