How to Fix iPhone Bluetooth Not Working
One of the exciting things that many users wish to have is an Apple device such as an iPhone. One of the exciting features of the iPhone is the ability to share files and other media via Bluetooth.
However, sometimes the Bluetooth may fail to connect, making it hard for users to share valuable files or communicate with other iOS devices. This article will show you how to fix a Bluetooth that is not working with ease.
- Check if the Bluetooth is enabled
- Ensure your iPhone is connected to Bluetooth
- How to Fix Your iPhone Bluetooth if it is Not Working
Check if the Bluetooth is enabled
To fix a not working Bluetooth, first ensure that the Bluetooth feature is toggled and is transmitting signals properly.
To check if Bluetooth is enabled, follow the steps below:
- 1. Open the Settings app of your iPhone.
- 2. Select the option for Bluetooth. Enable the button by clicking on it if it is not showing a green color.
Ensure your iPhone is connected to Bluetooth
After ensuring that your iPhone is transmitting signals well, the next thing is to connect to Bluetooth. To create a connection, follow the steps below:
- 1. Launch the app for Settings.
- 2. Select the option for Bluetooth.
- 3. The menu will open, and you will see all devices you have ever connected. If you can't find the device you want to connect with, ensure you have set it ready for pairing to show up.
- 4. Select the specific device to change it to "My Devices" from "Other Devices."
- 5. Then click on the device again to connect it to Bluetooth.
How to Fix Your iPhone Bluetooth if it is Not Working
The following methods can help you fix a Bluetooth that is not working. Let's have a look at them!
Method 1: Update your Software to the Most Recent iOS
Although many of us expect Bluetooth technology to work correctly without any difficulties, sometimes they may have problems preventing them from working as expected.
Your iPhone having an outdated iOS version may prevent Bluetooth from working. Here are steps for updating your iOS to fix a Bluetooth that is not working:
- 1. Open the Settings app.
- 2. Go to the General option.
- 3. Select the option for the Software update.
- 4. A red sign signals that there is a pending update. Go ahead and install the latest iOS if there is any.
Method 2: Reset your Network Settings
If after updating to the latest iOS the Bluetooth is still not working, you can try resetting your network settings by following the steps below:
- 1. Visit the Settings app, then head to the General option and select the Reset option.
- 2. Select the option for resetting the network settings.
- 3. Enter your password, then confirm the pop-up.
After your iPhone restarts, try connecting to Bluetooth to see if it worked. If still, the Bluetooth is not working, you can try another method.
Method 3: Restart your iPhone
A simple restart might sometimes be the solution to fixing a Bluetooth that is not working. To restart your iPhone:
- 1. Long-press the Wake/Sleep button.
- 2. Drag the slider once it shows up to restart your iPhone.
- 3. Press the Sleep/Wake button once again till the logo appears.
From our " How to restart and force restart different iPhone models, " you can learn more about how to restart or force restart different iPhone models.
Method 4: Forget a Device and Pair Again
If no method has fixed your Bluetooth so far, you can go ahead and forget the device you want to connect, then try pairing again.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- 1. Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth
- 2. On the listed devices, search for the one you want to connect to.
- 3. Click on "Forget this Device"
- 4. Next, pair the device and try connecting again.
Method 5: Try to Pair the Bluetooth Device to Another iPhone
If all the other methods fail to fix the Bluetooth that is not working, you can try to connect to a different iPhone device.
This will help you determine if the problem is the iPhone or the device you are connecting to. If the other iPhone connects, it means that your iPhone may be having a problem with its Bluetooth. You can return it or call the Apple store that you purchased from for assistance.
Method 6: Restore your iPhone
This method is not recommended, and you can try it as the last option after other methods. You can use iTunes or Finder to restore the iPhone and set it as a new one.
Method 7: Visit an Apple Store
Still Bluetooth not working? Visit the Apple store for official help. It may be that your iPhone is having some hardware problems which only a technician can solve.
In conclusion, this article has gathered all possible solutions that you can use to fix a Bluetooth that is not working. The article went ahead and listed all the steps you need to follow when following any of the methods making it easy to fix a Bluetooth that is not working.
If no method helps you fix the Bluetooth that is not working, you can go ahead and seek official assistance from an Apple store near you.