A factory reset can be inconvenient and risky, especially if you don't have a backup on your iPhone or the iCloud. If done incorrectly, you risk losing all of your existing data. However, there are times when you'll need to perform a factory reset to get your phone back up and running. If you've lost your Apple ID or password, need to solve any software issues, or are trying to sell or purchase an iPhone, a factory reset will come in handy.
Are you wondering what exactly factory reset is? Let me explain it to you. It is a procedure to erase all the existing data on your phone and bring it back to its original state. All the data stored in your apps and mobile will be erased. If you have a backup, you can restore all the lost data.
So, if you're here because you've lost your Apple ID or Password and are looking for ways to reset your iPhone, then you are at the right place. I'll help you by providing various options and guiding you through all the methods step by step to make the whole process convenient.
Before factory resetting
Before we get into all of that, as I've mentioned above, factory reset involves putting your device at the risk of erasing all of its existing data. So if you want to prevent that from happening, I highly recommend you to get these three things done before we proceed any further:
- Create a backup in your iPhone or iCloud.
- Make sure you sign out of your accounts.
- Unpair your Apple Watch.
Factory reset your iPhone to defaults with password
To add an extra layer of security to its users' information, Apple uses double authentication. The FBI even petitioned Apple to design new software that would enable the FBI to unlock a work-issued iPhone because it is so tough to bypass this layer of protection. It operates in such a way that you can still get in if you forget one password but remember the other. It is safe to state that the iPhone has one of the best security systems available to protect its personal data.
Factory Reset From iPhone Settings
It is easy to perform a factory reset directly from the iPhone settings. It requires you to have an Apple ID and screen passcode. Follow the steps mentioned below to carry it out.
- Open Settings and select General.
- Swipe down to the bottom of the screen and choose Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings options from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the process by following the prompts.
- Easy process to carry out and doesn't take much time.
This method only works if you previously had an iCloud backup.
- It requires a screen passcode and Apple ID.
- You'll also need to disable the Find My feature if enabled.
- The Apple ID password is required to disable it.
Factory Reset An iPhone Using iCloud
Do you have your Apple ID but forgot your password? Don't panic. If you're caught in such a scenario, you can factory reset your iPhone using iCloud. This is pretty simple to carry out, and I recommend having a backup so you won't lose any critical data.
Follow these steps to use the iCloud to factory reset a locked iPhone:
- Use the same email and account you used to set up the Find My iPhone option in iCloud. Click the Erase button when your phone appears on the screen.
- You'll need to agree to the terms and proceed further.
- Your phone has now been reset to factory default.
- You can restore everything if you have a backup.
Are you concerned that you've lost your Apple ID and have locked up your iPhone? Don't worry, I've got you covered. It is not unusual for people to forget their IDs and passwords. A lot of people misplace their IDs and get into a panic state.
The following ways might assist you whether you just want to return your iPhone to its original location to repurpose its use or you need to reset it due to unsatisfactory issues with your iPhone. Some of them even prevent your data from being erased altogether.
- Easy to execute.
- Requires password to complete the procedure.
- Make sure that the Find My feature is enabled.
What To Do If I Lose My Apple ID Password
Have you ever had to respond to an urgent email and had a panic attack because you forgot your password and couldn't log in? We've all been in that situation. Even if you forget your password, you can recover your phone by resetting it. It's not a good idea to experiment with different password combinations in the hopes of finding one that works.
The iPhone is set up in such a way that if you try your password too many times and get it wrong, you risk locking the phone for an extended period. So don't freak out and make things worse. Even if you don't know your password, there are a few additional options. I'll walk you through the various options for figuring it out and getting it fixed.
How To Factory Reset Your iPhone Without a Password Using Mobitrix
Mobitrix is a third-party tool used by many users to fix any concerns regarding their iPhone or about transferring data from one device to another. Using Mobitrix is really simple. You don't need to be an expert in the technical field to use it.
It has a wide range of features, guides, video tutorials to help you fix any issues with your iPhone. It is instrumental in scenarios where your iPhone is locked because you've forgotten your Apple ID or password or when you're trying to transfer data from your iPhone to another device.
The advantages of Mobitrix over other software on the market:
- Provides a high level of security and protects data from being lost. There is no way for hackers or security breaches to get access to your personal information.
- Mobitrix is extremely dependable because it provides excellent service at a low cost.
- It is managed by a fantastic team and offers round-the-clock assistance. You can get help and ask any questions you may have.
- The first step is to ensure your computer has Mobitrix's LockAway installed. If not, then visit their website and download the software. Launch LockAway on your computer.
- Now via a USB cable, get your iPhone connected to the computer.
- Once you've completed both steps, you'll be directed to a screen where you'll find some options to select. Look for the Screen Unlock option and select it.
- Once the connection is established, you'll need to select the Trust option.
- To factory reset the device, you also need to reset settings as well. Open settings and look for General. Once you find it, select Reset. Now click on Reset All Settings.
- Click on the Unlock Apple ID for the final step, and LockAway will do the rest of the work. Within a few minutes, you'll be able to access your phone again.
- Using this software requires no technical expertise. Anyone can use it with ease.
- Doesn't take longer than 30 minutes.
- Reliable as it has a high success rate.
- Prevents data loss.
- The only drawback is that you need to connect your iPhone to a PC.
How To Factory Reset Your iPhone Without Password Using iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable. Make sure your computer has iTunes installed on it.
- The next step is to open iTunes and look for the iPhone Management Screen.
- Once you have found it, then click on the Restore option.
- Connect to the same iTunes account you used to set up your phone.
- Get your device registered by following the prompts.
- Select the backup you are looking to restore.
- The data starts getting restored and might take up to one hour to complete the whole process.
How To Factory Reset Your iPhone via iTunes From The Recovery Mode.
Recovery mode is used to help you restore your lost data using iTunes or Finder. Here is how you can use it.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer after it has been turned off.
- Follow the instructions carefully because they differ based on the model you're using. If you're using an iPhone 8 or newer, you'll need to press and hold the volume up, volume down simultaneously, and the side button.
- If you're using an iPhone 7, make sure you're simultaneously pressing and holding the volume down and the side button.
- If you're using an iPhone 6, press and hold the side and tap buttons simultaneously.
- You must wait for the iTunes connection recovery mode to show on the screen before releasing the buttons.
- Go to iTunes on your PC and look for the Restore option.
- Once you've chosen the option, you'll be prompted to confirm because restoring your phone entails wiping all its data.
- The data erased can be restored if you've previously saved a backup in iTunes or iCloud even after you have factory reset your iPhone.
- If you don't have a backup, you must download the apps and get started all over again.
- It's easy to use recovery mode. If you have a backup in iTunes or iCloud, you can recover your lost data.
- Need to connect to the PC, and it takes time to reset and restore.
- You must first sync your iPhone with iTunes.
- Factory reset helps in clearing data and then using backups to restore it.
- There is no need to panic if you've forgotten your password or ID. There are a lot of other ways through which you can get your phone back.
- You can factory reset using iTunes or iCloud even if you remember your Apple ID or Password.
- It is essential to have a backup if you don't want to risk losing your data.
- Mobitrix is the best tool to fix any issues without seeking professional help.
- You can factory reset even in the recovery mode to restore data.