- I want my iPhone to be unaware of my precise position and to assist me in visiting various locations in solitude.
- These are my suggestions for faking your location, even if you don't have particular tech expertise.
- I'll show you how not to harm your device and completely secure your data and privacy.
My iPhone's position is constantly updated, especially while I'm driving. More than anything, my iPhone assists me in navigating traffic and determining the fastest routes to my destination.
I've gotten away with wearing the wrong clothes so many times because I was aware of the weather prediction.
In this post, I'll show you three ways to spoof your iPhone's location without jailbreaking. The jailbreaking method might cause various system difficulties on your smartphone and is much too complicated for most users to follow.
Why Do You Need to Fake Your iPhone's Location Without Jailbreaking?
Despite the dependability and simplicity of turning on my location, there are times when revealing the precise position is more of a bother. An excellent example is when I'm scrolling on Tinder and want better matches that may not be in my immediate vicinity.
I also want to view YouTube videos that aren't available in my region or play a game that I can't access from my current location. I've discovered that the iPhone's false location feature comes in handy in such cases.
You disable some of Apple's security features by jailbreaking your iPhone, making it exposed to malware and viruses. It enables hackers to slip in malware that can steal your data, photographs, contacts, or track the behavior of your device.
Jailbreaking needs "pro technical skill." Incorrect use might cause damage to your iPhone. You may even "brick" your iPhone, rendering it useless.
How to Fake Your iPhone's Location Using Mobitrix MagicGo
Most location-based apps will use the location service on your iPhone to personalize the experience for you. This function influences the sorts of offers you receive from nearby companies and alerts from friends in the games you play.
However, showing that you are in a different area might often be a suitable cover for you. That's something I've needed more than once, and it's one of the reasons I enjoy Mobitrix MagicGo.
Unlike my typical VPNs, which occasionally leak my geolocation, Mobitrix MagicGo allows me to fake my location without jailbreaking my iPhone.
- You may create a bogus location without experiencing any delays.
- Allows for the bogus location to be shared on social media.
- It Works with all location-based apps, including WhatsApp, Facebook, and Maps.
- Excellent for gaming and allowing you to visit many virtual locales without physically being present. It is compatible with games such as Pokemon Go.
How to Use Mobitrix MagicGo:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch Mobitrix MagicGo.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and press the "Start" button.
- Choose a place from the map and press the "Move" button.
This technique instantaneously shifts your location to the fictitious place you specified. It also modifies the location of all location-service applications on your smartphone to the current bogus location.
If you enjoy watching videos and movies, like me, YouTube and Netflix are a must-have. Geo-restrictions, on the other hand, can be inconvenient. VPNs might assist you in getting past this issue. Here's how to use a VPN to mask your iPhone's location when surfing.
How to Use a VPN to Change Your Location on an iPhone (For web browsing only)
I can't tell you how many times I've looked for a movie on Netflix and discovered that I couldn't watch it due to my location. The same thing has happened to me multiple times on YouTube, with specific videos having geolocation limitations that prevent me from accessing them.
On the other hand, VPNs have been a lifesaver, allowing me to continue watching my favorite shows and accessing my favorite websites from any place by just faking them when surfing.
There are dozens of them accessible on the Apple Store, and downloading and utilizing them takes minimal effort. The instructions below will teach you how to download a VPN to your iPhone and use it to change your IP address:
- Launch the App Store and look for a VPN of your choosing. It is worth mentioning that some of the most popular solutions include Turbo VPN, Nord VPN, and Express VPN.
- Start the VPN app on your iPhone and provide it access to the VPN settings.
- Select a VPN server location from the Locations tab and click the Connect button.
- It is simple to use.
- Assist you with unblocking services and websites such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube if blocked in your nation or present location.
- You can only impersonate your location when browsing the internet on your iPhone.
- You won't be able to share your fictitious location on other location-based applications like WhatsApp, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and so on.
You may also disguise your location by setting the wrong location on another iPhone device. Going down this path enables you to use that device's location as your bogus location to avoid being monitored by Find My iPhone.
How to Fake Your iPhone's Location Using Another iOS Device
Faking your location by setting one of your iPhones to one area and the other to another is also an excellent approach to set up a fake location if you have two iPhones. Essentially, any program linked to your iCloud will use one specific location while you enjoy some privacy on the other.
- It is quick and straightforward to impersonate your location without being detected.
- It is a costless approach.
- You'll need two iPhones.
- It becomes traceable when you leave the same spot for an extended period.
- Open the Settings app on your second iPhone or iOS device.
- At the top, click on your name.
- Choose 'Find My' and then "Use this iPhone as My Location."
- Activate location services on your other device.
Hot Questions About How to Fake Your iPhone's Location
What is the constraint and focus when we utilize a fictitious location?
Using a fictitious location allows you to conceal your actual location. However, it may impair the operation of some of your iPhone's most essential functions, such as Find My Apple.
What is the distinction between GPS and IP location on the iPhone?
On an iPhone, GPS uses satellite coordinates to locate your physical location. On the other hand, IP location estimates your position from the internet using data from your web browser.
When should I spoof my GPS or IP address?
When visiting prohibited sites from your geographic area, playing mobile phone games that monitor your position, or trying to fool someone into thinking you are in another location, it is best to spoof your GPS or IP location.
How Reliable Is the iPhone's location?
Your iPhone's position can be accurate up to 20 feet from your actual location, depending on how many satellites it can reach. This accuracy will vary based on many factors, the most important of which is the availability of satellites.
As we've seen, there are various reasons why you might need to spoof your iPhone's location. The most prevalent causes include gaming, dating apps, and accessing restricted websites.
Jailbreaking your phone to impersonate your location is risky and may harm your device. I think Mobitrix MagicGo is a nice option to let you spoof your iPhone's location without jailbreaking.