What to do If I Forgot My iPhone Password
You may sometimes forget your iPhone password, and when you try to guess the password too many times, the iPhone will be locked. What should I do then? You can try other ways of unlocking your iPhone, and this post will introduce the various ways you can try to unlock your iPhone.
- Part 1 (Step 1): Don’t Panic
- Part 2 (Step 2): Unlock the iPhone via computer (iTunes/Apple Finder)
- Part 3 (Step 3.1): Erase the iPhone via Recovery Mode (iTunes)
- Part 4 (Step 3.2): Erase iPhone via iCloud (Find My Phone)
- Part 5 (Step 3.3): Erase iPhone via LockAway
- Part 6: (Step 4) Restore All Your Data and Settings
Part 1 (Step 1): Don’t Panic
Most people rash to guess their password when they forget it, which is wrong. What you need to do is to relax and take your time before making a guess. Making too many incorrect guesses will make the iPhone disabled. To avoid this, ensure you take your time and make the best guess you can with the few attempts possible.
Part 2 (Step 2): Unlock the iPhone via computer (iTunes/Apple Finder)
Before you use methods that can cause data loss, you should erase your iPhone to remove the password using iTunes. If you had previously synced your iPhone with iTunes, restoring your data once the iPhone has been reset will be easy.
Data will only be restored up to the point of the last backup made, and after the iPhone is reset, you can then set a new password for your iPhone.
What to do If Forgot my iPhone password?
Using your Mac, do the following:
- i. Using a lighting cable, connect the iPhone to your Mac.
- ii. Open Finder, then select the iPhone from the Locations.
- iii. Click “General” > “Backups” > “Restore Backup.”
- iv. Choose the backup to restore from the list.
- v. Enter the password for your Mac, then click “Restore.”
Your iPhone will be restored and the password removed for you to set up the iPhone, including a new password.
Using a Windows computer, do the following:
- i. Connect the iPhone to the computer previously synced to using a lighting cable.
- ii. Open iTunes. If prompted for a password, try connecting to another computer you synced your iPhone to.
- iii. Let iTunes sync your iPhone and make a backup.
- iv. When the process completes, click “Restore iPhone.”
- v. When the process completes, click “Restore from iTunes backup.”
- vi. Select the desired backup, then restore.
Your iPhone will be erased and the backup restored, and with that, the iPhone password will be removed. You can set a new one.
The disadvantage of using iTunes:
If you had not synced your iPhone and made a backup, then the method is not helpful as all data will be erased when erasing your iPhone.
Part 3 (Step 3.1): Erase the iPhone via Recovery Mode (iTunes)
What to do if I forgot my iPhone password and I had not synced my iPhone with a computer? If having such a case, you can use the recovery mode to remove your iPhone’s passcode. Once the iPhone is restored in recovery mode, everything, including the password, will be erased. You can then restore your data and settings.
What to do if I forgot my iPhone passcode? Follow the steps below:
- 1. Ensure you have iTunes installed on your computer.
- 2. Enter recovery mode.
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus and other later models: Long-press one of the volume buttons and the power button until the power slider appears for you to turn off the iPhone. Long-press the power button while connecting your iPhone to the computer until the recovery mode screen appears.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Long-press the Power button and turn off the iPhone when the power slider appears. Long-press the volume-down button while connecting the iPhone to your computer until the recovery mode screen appears.
- 3. Restore the iPhone: when prompted to Update or Restore the iPhone, click “Restore.”
- 4. Set up the iPhone using the on-screen instructions.
You can also restore the iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backup or, using tools like Mobitrix, transfer your backup from your computer to the iPhone.
- 1. You need a computer with iTunes installed.
- 2. You need to have an existing backup to restore from.
Part 4 (Step 3.2): Erase iPhone via iCloud (Find My Phone)
What to do if I forgot my iPhone password and I have no computer? You can still erase your iPhone using iCloud or via a friend’s iOS device. All you need is to log in to your iCloud account, then erase the iPhone from the devices list. Once erased, your iPhone will delete all the settings and data, including the password.
To use iCloud to erase your iPhone:
- i. Login to your iCloud.com account.
- ii. Click “Find iPhone.”
- iii. Select “All Devices” and select your iPhone.
- iv. Click “Erase iPhone.”
Once the iPhone is erased, go ahead and set it up. This method will work if you have created an iCloud backup before.
The already discussed methods help unlock your iPhone password. There are also other methods you may find online, but the majority of them are unreliable. Today, I will introduce you to the best way to successfully unlock your iPhone by using the LockAway professional tool.
Part 5 (Step 3.3): Erase iPhone via LockAway
What to do if I forgot my iPhone password and I want the most reliable fix? Use LockAway. For easy and instant fixing of your iPhone, use LockAway, a tool designed specifically to fix all your iOS issues most simply and safely without using any password.
LockAway can unlock Face ID, alphanumeric passcode, 4/6-digit passcode, and a Touch ID.
To use LockAway, first, download and install LockAway, then follow the steps below:
- 1. Open LockAway and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- 2. Click the option for “Unlock Screen Passcode” mode.
- 3. Click the “Start” option to remove the password.
Key Benefits of Using LockAway:
- Quickly remove the password from your iPhone.
- LockAway works without needing iTunes.
- Get lifetime access to use LockAway.
- LockAway has a user-friendly interface with few simple steps involved.
- LockAway is safe and secure in unlocking the iPhone.
Part 6: (Step 4) Restore All Your Data and Settings
Now that the iPhone password has been successfully removed, you need to restore your data and settings using the steps below:
- i. From iTunes or Finder on your computer, locate your iPhone.
- ii. When prompted to update or restore, click “Restore.”
- iii. The iPhone will be restored.
- iv. Once the process completes, reboot your computer.
You can then disconnect it from the computer and set it up to enjoy using the iPhone.
What to do if I forgot my iPhone password? This post gave a complete guide on what you need to do when you forget your iPhone password. Using the knowledge and tips shared in the article, you now know what to do when you forget the password and how you can quickly fix this to regain using your iPhone.
To conclude, avoid guessing your password and instead take your time to make better guesses. It’s recommended to connect your iPhone to the computer you synced with before. If you have not had any synced computer before, try LockAway, which is more effective and convenient to unlock iPhone without password by a few steps.