Have you bought a Locked Phone? Or did You forget your phone screen passcode? It is an exhausting and panicky situation when your phone is locked, you need to use any other network, and you don’t know what to do next. These circumstances are familiar to me because I have previously encountered them to learn how to unlock my phone. However, just as every lock has a key, every issue has a solution.
In today's technologically advanced society, nearly everything is a game of seconds with the right tool. If you are looking for a way how to unlock your phone's screen or carrier, you have come to the right place. So, let's move forward to methods.
How to Unlock My Phone For Use With a Different Network Provider
Benefits of Unlocking Phone Carrier
By default, iPhones are locked to a specific carrier for a period of time. By unlocking the iPhone to a different carrier, you will be able to switch carriers as needed.
- You could select a different carrier with a more affordable plan.
- You must switch carriers when traveling or working in a location where your previous carrier is unavailable. Consequently, you can save on costly international roaming fees.
- Short-term plans and prepaid GSM SIM cards are available.
- You can sell your old phone for a fair price if it is unlocked.
Wait, Is Unlocking My Phone Illegal?
According to the Federal Communications Commission, it is legal to Unlock the phone carrier. Additionally, the Federal Communications Commission has mandated that all carriers unlock phones for their customers for free if they request it. Two conditions need to be fulfilled:
- The contract you signed to use the carrier's service for a set length of time (often two years) has expired.
- Each installment of your existing plan has been paid in full.
How to Check if Your Phone is Locked by a Carrier?
You can check the status of your phone carrier by using three ways, i.e., through using a SIM card, Settings, or contact the carrier.
- Using SIM Card
This is the most reliable method. It requires two SIM cards from different networks. Read the steps carefully.
- Make a call using the old SIM card and allow it to connect
- Now, switch off your iPhone
- Use the ejector pin tool, and remove the current or old SIM card.
- Insert the new sim card from another service provider.
- By pressing the wake button, turn your iPhone ON
- Make a phone call, and check is it connected?
If the call is unsuccessful, the iPhone is locked. If it connects, a SIM card from a different carrier is unlocked and compatible with your iPhone. This method is also applicable to android phones.
- Using Settings
This approach is compatible with iOS versions 13 and lower. This is the detailed procedure.
- Open the settings of your iPhone.
- Go to Mobile data, select Mobile data options (or Cellular > Cellular data options)
- Select the option Mobile data network (or Cellular data network)
- Your iPhone is unlocked; if the symbol is visible. If not, then the iPhone is locked.
check Mobile Data
This method does not apply to Android users. They have to follow an alternative method, i.e., Contacting the Carriers.
- Contacting the Carrier
This method is a little time-consuming as you have to wait some days for results. You can seek an unlock by contacting your carrier. Once you submit it, processing your request may take a few days. Check the status of your unlock request by contacting your carrier.
What You Need to Unlock Your Phone
Unlocking an off-contract phone should be easy and worth the effort. Locking a phone varies by carrier; what's easy for one can be difficult for another. It's best to unlock your phone before leaving your current carrier because it will be more challenging once your contract ends. Even if you don't expect to use your old phone when you go, who knows? There's a list of information to unlock your phone, so keep it handy.
- Account holder’s name and account number
- IMEI number of your device
- Phone number
- Account holder’s Social Security number or password
- A completed contract and/or device payment plan
- Overseas deployment papers for military personnel who want to unlock the phone before the contract expires.
Now we are aware of all the requirements and details we need to unlock the phone carrier. I will share the two most reliable methods to unlock the phone carrier with you.
Method 1 Contact Your Carrier For Free Device Unlock
This is the most reliable and economical way to unlock the device. If a device is eligible to be opened, participating providers may not charge existing or former customers additional fees to unlock it. Providers may charge a fee to unlock eligible devices for former and non-customers. So, let's read the list which I have created for you with detailed procedures.
- AT & T
You just need to follow these steps to unlock your AT&T SIM card:
- Go to Settings > General > About on your iPhone
- Scroll down the arrow to locate the IMEI number
- Visit the At&T device unlocking website online
- Enter the IMEI and follow the on-screen instructions to unlock the device.
AT&T now only allows iPhone unlocking after six months of service. To contact AT&T's customer support department, call 6.
This is the procedure to understand if you are dealing with a T-Mobile service problem.
- Open Chrome or Safari and log in to your My T-Mobile account.
- Click the Account icon in the upper left corner of the display.
- Select the service type from the options provided.
- Select Device > Status of device unlocking
- If the phone appears locked, dial *6 or 877-746-0909 for assistance.
T-unlocking Mobile's policy is stringent. It lets you unlock your iPhone for 24 months per line service, i.e., it delivers two 12-month unlock codes. SIMs on prepaid plans are unlockable after one year of service.
You must meet the following requirements in order to gain access to Sprint:
- Your smartphone must be active on the Sprint network for at least 50 days (domestic unlocking) or 90 days (international unlocking) (for international unlocking).
- There should be no reports of the iPhone being stolen or lost.
- The smartphone was purchased prior to 2016, so it is SIM unlockable.
- No outstanding billing installment is due.
- Your account status should be excellent.
Verizon may offer the simplest method for unlocking your iPhone. All Verizon-purchased devices are locked for 60 days; after that period, Verizon automatically unlocks the device. Both postpaid and prepaid consumers can enjoy this offer.
Method 2 Unlock Phone Carrier with SIM Unlock Chip
Do you get the notification “Sim card is not Valid?” A Sim's unlock chip is a tiny chip that removes carrier restrictions. SIM unlock chips must be wrapped around ordinary SIM cards. Using a sim unlock chip, traffic signals can be manipulated to use another carrier's network. You can access a locked device on another network.
Online retailers provide unlocking chips for $20 to $30. If you purchased your iPhone in full, it's safe and legal. These SIM unlocking chips are legitimate and user-friendly. Yes, but damaged items may cause issues. Inaccessible SIM unlocking chips that have been compromised must be replaced.
- Purchase a sim unlock chip according to your iPhone model.
- Wrap your sim properly in it.
- Now, insert the sim along with the chip.
- Turn your iPhone ON.
- Select Universal activation mode from the menu that appears on the screen
- Choose “Edit ICCID” and enter the right password.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and then restart your iPhone. Congratulations, your iPhone’s sim is unlocked.
insert fold chip
How to Check If My Phone is Unlocked Successfully?
The simplest approach to determine whether an iPhone is permanently unlocked is to use a different Simcard (from different networks). If your iPhone is from AT&T and you insert a Sprint sim card and then see "iPhone has a Simcard from a different network" or "incorrect sim card inserted," it's network banned.
Tip: It's Better to Buy Unlocked Phones
The unlocked phone is slightly more expensive than the locked phone, but there are many hidden expenses that you have to do after buying it to use it freely. Therefore, we always advise you to get unlocked phones and save big bucks. The flexibility to swap cell plans and the ability to exchange SIM cards when traveling will save you more money than the initial price difference between locked and unlocked handsets.
How to Unlock the Phone When You Forgot the Screen Passcode?
Have you forgotten the screen passcode of your Android or iPhone? We all have this bad one day in life when we set a new password and forget that one. This situation blew everyone’s mind. Here is the solution to this gigantic problem. If you're an android, you can follow the guidelines given below.
Method 1: Unlock your Android Phone Password Via Your Google Account
It is a super easy and valid method to reset your forgotten password.
- Your device must be signed in to your Google account.
- The android version must be updated from 4.4.
- Click the forget password.
- Now enter the Gmail account attached with your phone.
- Enter the new password and click next. Your password ID reset.
Android forgot pattern screen
Enter Gmail account detail
Method 2: Unlock the Android Phone Password Using the Backup Pin
Android phones can also be unlocked using a backup pin, rather than risking a factory reset or losing your data. When you first set up your device's password, you'll be prompted to enter a backup pin as an extra security measure. This helps a lot.
- Enter the password, and a warning message popped up on the screen.
- Click the Backup Pin Option.
- Enter the Backup Pin and click Ok.
- If the Pin is correct, your device will be unlocked.
Method 3: Unlock the Android phone password remotely via ADM
Android device manager (ADM), often known as 'Find My Device,' can be used to retrieve lost or stolen devices. It can also assist you to reset your Android phone's forgotten password.
- Android device manager must have been enabled on your Android phone connected to your google account.
- The method is only effective when ‘Find my device’ was previously enabled on your device.
- Your Android device must run on a higher version of 4.4.
- GPS must be enabled on your Android phone.
- Launch “Find My Device” on your computer/PC
- Enter the Gmail and password.
- Choose your device from the list and find the Lock option.
- A new password prompt will display. Enter a new Android device password.
- Use this new password.
Select Lock Option from Three Options
Set a new password for your Android device
The above methods are valid for android users, if you are an iPhone user here I have shared two valid methods for you.
Method 1 Forgot iPhone Passcode? Unlock it via Mobitrix LockAway
Mobitrix LockAway is a professionally designed unlocking tool. It helps to unlock your iPhone and remove the forgotten passcodes in just 20 minutes. Its R&D team has 10 years of experience in iOS cracking. They guarantee complete privacy protection and security. Even if you lack technological skills, you can still manage this unlocking tool pretty easily.
- Download and Install Mobitrix LockAway.
- Click “Unlock Screen Passcode”.
- Click "Start" to remove iPhone Passcode.
- The "iPhone Unlock" is complete!
Unlock screen passcode home
Unlock screen passcode product
Mobitrix LockAway - Unlock Screen Passcode - Unlock is complete
Your iPhone will restart after the unlocking process is complete and you will be prompted by the setup screen. Your data can be restored from an iCloud backup, from a Mac or PC, or from an iTunes backup, if you've done so before you forgot the passcode on your iPhone. It is possible to set your iPhone up as a new device if you have not backed up your data before it was locked.
Method 2 Unlock a disabled iPhone via Find My (iCloud.com)
Find My is an app that solves all of your location-based problems in one convenient spot. It is excellent for quickly locating your device in the event that it has been misplaced or stolen. Find My also has a feature called "Erase it with ease" that will unlock your disabled iPhone when you forgot your iPhone passcode. When you tap "Erase" all of your personal data, including your iPhone passcode, will be removed, and your iPhone will be reset.
- Find My must have been enabled on the locked iPhone.
- The disabled iPhone has not signed out of its iCloud account.
- It is necessary to connect the locked iPhone to the internet using Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- You must remember your Apple ID and password.
- Visit iCloud.com on a browser
- Enter your Apple ID and password in it.
- Logn in, and click "Find iPhone"
- Enter your Apple ID again and sign in.
- Now click All devices and select yours.
- Click 'Erase iPhone.' then 'Erase this iPhone?' Tap 'Erase.'
- Now enter your Apple ID and password again
- You will receive a verification code, enter the code to continue.
- Next, enter your phone number.
- After this, you will see the notification ‘Erase Started’ and then see the erasing progress with a white Apple logo on your locked iPhone.
- When the process is finished, your iPhone will restart, and enter your Apple ID and password. After signing in you can create a new screen password.
Click Find iPhone
Click all device and choose your device
Click erase iphone
Method 3 Unlock a Disabled iPhone Via iOS 15.2 Trick
"Erase iPhone" is a feature of iOS/iPadOS 15.2 or higher versions that allows you to circumvent your iPhone's lock without a PC. It will delete all data, including the passcode, from your iPhone/iPad, allowing you to reset a new device. If your iPhone is running iOS15.2 or an upgrade version, you can access this option from the " iPhone Unavailable " or " Security Lockout " screen.
- The locked iPhone/iPad must have iOS 15.2 or higher version.
- You are currently logged in with your Apple ID. If you did not check in with your Apple ID before your iPhone/iPad was locked, this interface with the "delete iPhone/iPad" option will likely not be displayed.
- You have already enabled Find My option on your iPhone.
- You need to know your Apple ID password.
- Your iPhone must be connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- First, enter the wrong passcode 7 times. After the seventh time, you'll be forwarded to "iPhone Unavailable try again in 15 minutes" Below is the 'Erase iPhone' option.
- Click "Erase iPhone"
- Once you click erase, sign out the Apple ID pop out on screen.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- The locked iPhone will show the progress of the erase with the white apple logo.
- The iPhone will automatically restart once the entire erase process is finished.
Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes
Security lockout click erase iphone
Sign out of apple id interface
Note: This is not a reliable method. The 'Erase iPhone' button sometimes stops working. If you can't tap it, enter the wrong password again to reach the 'Security Lockout' interface. This time, tap it! If the button is visible but unclickable, examine the catalog for another option.
Unlocking your Phone Carrier and Unlocking your screen passcode are two different scenarios. Everyone will face this once in their life and end up searching for the easiest and most reliable method to get rid of this. In this article, I have shared all my experienced and genuine methods which will provide a 100% solution to your problem. You may choose the one, which looks most suitable to you.
If you are an iPhone user, Mobitrix LockAway is the holy grail for you. It is the best tool to unlock your iPhone screen passcode with full-proof security and privacy. It is fairly simple to operate, even if you lack technical expertise.