Locked Out of iPhone? Check Ways to Unlock Quickly! - 2021
iPhones take privacy and security seriously. But there is a problem linked with that, one that I recently faced.
I got locked out of my iPhone because I forgot the passcode. I could not do anything on the phone. Couldn’t even use it to make calls. This was the reason I researched the issue online and found out all the different ways that can be used to resolve it. All of them are detailed in the coming lines.
What’s important to note is that even if you get the phone to work, unlocking an iPhone often includes erasing it. This means that you’ll lose all data on the phone, and all settings will be reverted to the defaults.
In this article, along with answering all the questions related to this, I will acquaint you with a brilliant piece of software called LockAway that can be used to unlock any iPhone.
Frequently Asked Locked out of iPhone Questions and Their Answers
I hope you can find the solution to all your iPhone locked out questions in the following FAQs on the topic:
- Q1: What is the First thing to do if I get Locked Out of my iPhone?
- Q2: What should I do if I forget the password, but my iPhone is backed up on my computer?
- Q3: I Did Not Sync My iPhone to a Computer Before. What Should I do?
- Q4: What to do if I do not have a computer and get locked out of my phone?
- Q5: What if None of that works and I am still locked out?
- Q6: What to do after I have restored the iPhone?
- Q7: How can I avoid such a situation in the future?
Q1: What is the First thing to do if I get Locked Out of my iPhone?
Answer: DO NOT make haste and try to guess the password or try random passwords.
Explanation: If you try random passwords on an iPhone and don’t get lucky, the phone will give you a waiting time, after which you can try a new password. This waiting time increases exponentially with every password attempt. If you enter too many wrong passwords, the phone can become locked for days or even months. So, don’t be rash and try random passwords. Try a few of your best guesses and if that does not work, try another way.
Suggestion: Most of the time, resetting the password will wipe all of your personal data from the phone. It is good to have a backup of the phone on your computer so that you can restore it on the phone if you must reset it.
Q2: What should I do if I forget the password, but my iPhone is backed up on my computer?
Answer: You can reset the phone and still get to keep your data using iTunes. Here are the things about this that you need to keep in mind before you proceed:
- If you have a recent backup of the phone on your computer, you can restore it to the phone. This will reset the passcode and give you a chance to set a new one without resetting the data on the phone.
- The data will only be restored till the time when you made the backup; you cannot restore the data on the phone that was created after the backup.
Here’s how you can do it:
Resetting iPhone With a Mac
If you have a recent backup of your iPhone on a Mac, here’s how you can erase it and restore that backup:
Step 1 – Connect the iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable.
Step 2 – Open the Finder app and select the device from the Locations column n the sidebar of the Finder UI.
Step 3 – Click on General from the bar that is at the top of the window.
Step 4 – Scroll down to the Backups menu and click on Restore Backup.
Step 5 – A list of backups of the phone on the Mac and your iCloud drive will be shown. Select the newest one (or any other that you want) to restore to your iPhone.
Step 6 – After you have selected a backup, you will be required to enter the password of the Mac, and once you enter it, the phone will be erased.
After the process completes, the phone will be in the exact same condition as the moment when the backup was completed. However, it will not be locked, and you can set a passcode of your choosing.
Resetting an iPhone with a Windows PC
Apple also gives you the option to erase an iPhone and reset your password even if you are a Windows user. Here’s how you can do that on a Windows computer:
Step 1 – Connect the iPhone to the computer you made the backup on using a USB cable.
Step 2 – Open iTunes on the computer. It might ask you to enter the passcode. If that is the case, try another computer that you might have synced the device with.
Step 3 – If you have activated the automatic sync option, the phone will automatically sync with the computer. Wait for iTunes to complete the syncing process.
Step 4 – Once the sync process is complete, click on the Restore iPhone option. This will reinstall iOS on the device, removing all settings and data.
Step 5 – After the iOS installation is complete, you will see a setup screen on the device. Tap on the option saying Restore from iTunes Backup.
Step 6 – Click on the backup that you want to restore on the phone.
Once this completes, the phone will be restored to the time and date of the backup, and you will be able to set a new password.
Disadvantage: If you have not backed up your iPhone, you cannot restore the settings and data on your device after you use these methods to reset the password.
Q3: I Did Not Sync My iPhone to a Computer Before. What Should I do?
Answer: You will need to erase the iPhone using iTunes by booting the device in recovery mode. Here are the things about this method that you need to keep in mind:
- You should only use this method of removing the iPhone password if you have not synced the device to a computer.
- This method works for all generations of iPhone, but the exact method will vary depending on the iPhone you have.
- All your settings and data will be removed after you remove the iPhone passcode using this method, and the phone will start as a new device.
This method consists of two parts. First, you will have to boot the device in recovery mode, and then you will have to download and install the OS. The process of booting the phone into recovery mode varies from device to device. Here’s how you can do it according to your device:
If you have iPhone 8, 8Plus, SE (Second Generation), X, or Later:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone.
- Press and hold the POWER BUTTON AND ONE OF THE VOLUME BUTTONS until the Power Off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to power off the device.
- With the SIDE BUTTON pressed, connect the device to a computer that has iTunes.
- Keep holding the SIDE BUTTON until you see the recovery screen.
If you have iPhone 7 or 7 Plus:
- Make sure that the iPhone is disconnected from your computer.
- Press and hold the SIDE BUTTON (NOT THE VOLUME BUTTONS) until the Power Off sliders appear.
- Power the phone off.
- Connect the phone to a computer with iTunes installed on it while pressing the VOLUME DOWN button. Keep holding the button until you see the recovery screen.
If you have iPhone 6s, SE (First Generation), or Earlier:
- Make sure the phone is not connected to the computer.
- Press and hold the SIDE BUTTON (or the top button) until the Power Off slider appears.
- Connect the iPhone to a computer with iTunes on it while holding the HOME BUTTON.
- Keep holding the button until the recovery mode screen appears.
After you have booted the device in recovery mode, do the following:
- Find the iPhone in the iTunes or Finder app on your computer.
- Click on it and select the option Restore from the menu that appears.
- iTunes or Finder will download the firmware of the phone to flash it. If this takes more than 15 minutes, you will have to restart the device in recovery mode using one of the above methods.
- Once the new software has been downloaded and installed on the iPhone, you can set it up and use it.
- You need to have a Mac with Finder or a PC with iTunes installed on it to use this method.
- If you have not backed up the phone, you will lose the data on the phone.
Q4: What to do if I do not have a computer and get locked out of my phone?
Answer:You can erase the phone using Find My iPhone (iCloud).
If you do not have a computer at hand, this method makes it possible for you to erase an iPhone. Here are the things to note about it:
- You can use an iPhone or iPad with an internet connection to execute this method.
- If you have enabled iCloud backup on the device, your settings and data will most probably be backed up just a few hours ago, and you can restore them from there.
- All you need to have is the ID and Password of the iCloud account in use on the iPhone to erase it.
How to Erase an iPhone Using iCloud?
- Open a web browser and log in to the iCloud you used to set up Find My iPhone on the iPhone you are erasing.
- Click on Find My iPhone from the list of tools that appears on the iCloud website.
- Click on erase and confirm your selection on the warning message to erase the iPhone.
- After a few minutes, the iPhone will be erased, and you can set it up.
- You cannot use this method if the iPhone does not have an active internet connection.
- You need to have the iCloud account details of the iPhone.
- You’d lose all data and settings if the device was not backed up.
Q5: What if None of that works and I am still locked out?
Answer: You can erase the phone using Mobitrix LockAway- Unlock iPhone Passcode, a third-party software.
Before I tell you of LockAway, here are some things that you need to note:
- The methods listed above are the most common ways to unlock an iPhone if you do not have the password for it.
- You might read some other methods on some websites, but they simply do not work and are utterly useless.
- All these methods are complicated and involve a number of steps. If any of the steps go wrong, you can lose your data, or worse, the device may no longer be usable.
Mobitrix LockAway- Unlock iPhone Passcode is a professional-grade tool that can be used to overcome any situation that involves a locked iPhone. It allows you to unlock your iPhone without losing any settings or data that you have on the device.
What makes LockAway the Best Tool?
- It is Easy-to-Use, and you can remove ay iPhone passcode using it in just three steps.
- It is effective and can be used to unlock an iPhone or bypass its locks at any time.
- It is a professional tool that has been used by more than 100,000 people to remove the passcodes of their iPhones.
- You don’t have to give the phone to any technician and can unlock it at home on your own, which preserves your privacy.
It can be used to remove any type of iPhone passcodes and biometric verifications. You can remove:
- 4-digit or 6-digit passcodes.
- Touch ID.
- Face ID.
- Alphanumeric passwords.
You can follow the method given in the video to remove any passcode from your iPhone in just three easy steps using LockAway software. All you need to do is:
- Connect the device to a computer.
- Select the unlock mode.
- Remove the lock from the iPhone.
If you cannot watch the video, here are the steps, simplified for you:
Step 1 – Install the LockAway software on your computer, open it and click Start. Then connect the device to the computer.
Step 2 – Boot the device into recovery mode using the method for your iPhone model described above.
Step 3 – Click Download on the LockAway screen to start downloading the Keyfile for your phone.
Step 4 – After the Keyfile has been downloaded, click on Start to Verify, and the Keyfile package will be verified.
Step 5 – After the verification process ends, click on Start to Extract to start the Unlocking process.
Step 6 – You will be asked twice to confirm. Enter “111111” to continue.
Step 7 – The unlock process will take some time, and then the phone will be unlocked and ready to use.
Q6: What to do after I have restored the iPhone?
Answer: Get your data and settings back by restoring a backup.
Once you have removed the passcode from the iPhone, the data and settings on the device will also be lost, and you will have to get them back.
That can be done by restoring a backup of the phone that you have. iPhones can be backed up to a computer or to iCloud.
If you have made an iCloud backup, you can restore it via the internet after setting up the device. If you have a backup on your computer, it can be restored to the device using iTunes or Finder app.
Q7: How can I avoid such a situation in the future?
1. Use biometric verification like Touch ID or Face ID.
These can be used to unlock the phone instead of using the passcode. The things that you need to note about this include:
- Touch ID is only available for iPhone 5s to 8 Plus, and Face ID is only available for iPhone X and later models.
- You can still be required to enter the passcode from time to time to make sure you don’t forget it.
- If your fingerprint reader or Face ID cameras don’t work, you can use the passcode to unlock the phone.
2. Keep your iPhone backed up
You can set the phone to backup to iCloud or your computer. iCloud backup is automatic, and the phone is backed up every day. If you don’t want to do that or don’t have enough iCloud storage to backup your phone, you can use iTunes and a computer for this.
3. Use a Clever Password
Take some time and think of a clever password for the device. This needs to be a password that others cannot guess, and you cannot forgive. Some good ideas include the birthdays of your children, your mother’s middle name, or your first pet’s name.
I have covered all the cases of being locked out of your iPhone. The most important thing is that you do not make hasty guesses of the password and get the phone disabled. You can use a computer to unlock the phone and if that is not available, try iCloud.
Tutorials for all methods have been discussed in detail in this article. If nothing works for you, LockAway is the best solution that always works and gets iPhone unlocked. Lastly, keep your iPhone backed up so that you can recover your data and settings if you have to erase the phone to remove the password.