How to Unlock an iPhone: 4 Different Methods
Have you ever forgotten your passcode? If you said yes, you know how horrible it is. You can’t unlock your phone or use it.
Luckily for us, there are workarounds to this problem. I’ve compiled a list of 4 different ways you can unlock your iPhone easily.
So, whether you have iTunes or not, you’ll be able to easily unlock your iPhone by the end of this article.
- Method 1: LockAway (Recommended)
- Method 2: Use Find My iPhone
- Method 3: Use iTunes to Unlock iPhone
- Method 4: Contact your Carrier
Method 1: LockAway (Recommended)
The easiest and most efficient way to unlock your iPhone is to use some type of software. But it can be hard to find a good professional tool that can help you without any harm. But don’t worry.
I scoured the internet and found a software for you. LockAway is a professional tool that can easily unlock your iPhone in just a few seconds.
And what’s even better is that LockAway can even get rid of your Apple/iCloud ID from your phone without any password. So even if you have a second-hand phone that got locked, you can easily unlock it and restore it with your own Apple ID. Hurrah!
You can use the few easy steps below to use LockAway and unlock your iPhone:
- Download LockAway on your PC or Mac and then install it.
- You will see some options on the screen. Select the one that says Unlock Screen Password.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and then click Next.
- As soon as your phone is recognized, LockAway will ask you to download a specific firmware suited for your device. Click Download to proceed.
- When the download finishes, click on the Start Extraction option. Afterward, select Start Unlocking.
Wait a few minutes while LockAway removes the password from your iPhone screen.
Note: Remember, don’t unplug your phone from your computer during the whole process.
There are many benefits to using LockAway instead of other methods:
- It is precisely designed with the iPhone issues in mind. So, it can unlock your device without a password.
- You can use it to unlock any type of password on your phone including 4- and 6-digit passcodes, Face ID, or Touch ID.
- It works with all iPhone models including iPhone 11 and is compatible with all iOS versions, even iOS 14.
- It can not only unlock your phone but once your device is unlocked, you can even create a new password of your choice.
Method 2: Use Find My iPhone
You can use one of the features of Apple products called Find My iPhone to unlock your iPhone. Just follow the steps below:
- On your browser, search the website for Find My iPhone: https://www.icloud.com/find
- On the top of the screen, you’ll see a dropdown list that indicates all the devices connected to the iCloud account you’re logged into. Click on your iPhone in this list.
- Now, click on the Erase iPhone option. You will need to click Erase afterward for confirmation. At this point, the website will prompt you to enter your Apple ID. Don’t worry, you just need the ID, not the password.
- After the device is removed from the Find My list, it will go back to its default settings and will be unlocked. You can then restore it using the most current backup available.
Note: In order to use this method, your iPhone must be connected to Find My iPhone before you disable its passwords. Otherwise, this method will not work.
Method 3: Use iTunes to Unlock iPhone
Another way to unlock your iPhone is to use iTunes. For this method, however, you need the following things:
- A Mac or a PC
- In the case of a PC, you should have Windows 8 or higher. You must also have iTunes on your PC.
If you have the above requirement, you can easily follow the steps below to unlock your iPhone:
- With a compatible USB cable, connect your iPhone to the computer you’re using.
- Now, it’s time to turn off your iPhone. Depending on the iPhone model you have, you can follow one of the following ways to do it:
- For iPhone Models X and Higher, SE (2nd Gen), 8 and 8 Plus: Press and hold both the power button on the side and volume down button until you see the slider that allows you to turn off your iPhone.
- For iPhone Models 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the power button on the side until you see the slider to turn off the iPhone.
- For iPhone Models SE (1st Gen), 6s, and Earlier: Press and hold the power button (that may be on the side/at the top) till you see the slider for turning off the phone.
- For iPhone Models X and Higher, SE (2nd Gen), 8 and 8 Plus: Side Button.
- For iPhone Models 7 and 7 Plus: Volume Down Button.
- For iPhone Models SE (1st Gen), 6s, and Earlier: Home Button.
Even though this method is pretty straightforward, it has some disadvantages:
- You need the latest and updated iTunes version on your computer.
- For people who are not used to toying with their iPhones, this method will be a little complicated. You’ll need to try it a few times before you have any success with it.
Method 4: Contact your Carrier
If your iPhone has been blocked by your carrier, only they can unlock it. You will need to contact your carrier’s support center and request them to unlock your iPhone. After they confirm that your iPhone has indeed been unlocked, do the following:
- If your phone has a SIM card from any operator except the one that you’re currently using:
- Take out the SIM card from your device.
- Insert the SIM card from your current operator and your device will be unlocked.
- If you don’t have another SIM:
- Create a backup of your iPhone.
- Now, wipe your device.
- After completely wiping your iPhone, use the backup you created to restore your device.
However, this method is only going to work if your carrier blocked your device. If your iPhone is locked because of some other reason, you will need to try on the methods listed above.
Summing It Up
This article will take you through a few ways you can use to unlock your iPhone. If you are looking for an easy and efficient way to get rid of the lock on your device, try LockAway. It is user-friendly and completely safe. So, you can unlock your iPhone with no danger to your device.