iPhone passcode is super secure and hard to bypass, which is great for your privacy and data protection. What if you forgot your iPhone passcode and needed to erase the data? It can be a headache if you don't know how to wipe your iPhone without a passcode! Fortunately, four ways can help you to erase your iPhone data without a passcode.
How To Wipe An iPhone Without Passcode Or iCloud?
You can use a third-party professional like Mobitrix LockAway to erase all data from your iPhone without a passcode or iCloud. This way is suitable for those who don't know the passcode and don't have access to iCloud.
Lockaway is super easy to use and helps remove iPhone passcode to erase iPhone data. Just need a few clicks, and all data and settings on your iPhone will be gone permanently. Moreover, this method requires no tech skills and is 100% safe and secure.
When To Use This Method?
This method is suitable for those who:
- Forgot the iPhone passcode and didn't have access to iCloud.
- Don't want to follow complicated steps to wipe an iPhone without a passcode.
- Have bought a second-hand iPhone with a passcode.
- Just get rid of all data on the iPhone before selling, giving away, or recycling it.
Steps To Wipe An iPhone Without Passcode Or iCloud.
Follow these steps:
- Install and run Mobitrix LockAway on your computer.
- On the main menu, click Unlock Screen Passcode.
- And then click on Start to remove the iPhone passcode
- The iPhone has been wiped successfully!
Unlock screen passcode home
Unlock screen passcode product
Unlock screen passcode unlock is complete
Advantages Of Using Mobitrix Lockaway
This is the easiest method to follow if you forgot your iPhone passcode and don't have access to iCloud. Moreover
- You can erase iPhone data only in minutes.
- It has a 99% success rate and offers 100% privacy protection.
- Non-tech-friendly people can easily follow the steps.
- It is compatible with iOS devices and versions, including the latest iOS 12/13/14/15/16 and iPhone 5s-iPhone 14.
How To Erase A Locked iPhone Without Connecting To A PC?
"Erase iPhone," as the name suggests, erases all your iPhone data, including the passcode, without the need to connect with any PC or laptop. In simple words, it bypasses your locked iPhone.
If you are running iOS 15.2 or higher and by any chance got your iPhone locked. Here you will see the "Erase iPhone " option on the "iPhone Unavailable" or "Security Lockout" screen. It's on the bottom-right of the screen. And you know what, it can erase your iPhone!
This method only works if you meet the following requirements.
- You are running iOS 15.2 or higher.
- Your Apple ID should already be logged in. If it's not before your phone gets locked, then the "Erase iPhone " option will not appear.
- Find My is already enabled.
- You remember your Apple ID password, and the locked iPhone must be connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or cellular data.
First, we need to access the "Erase iPhone " option before we start erasing a locked iPhone using it. To access this option, type the incorrect screen passcode at least seven times or until your iPhone is redirected to the "iPhone Unavailable" or "Security Lockout" screen. On this interface, you will see the "Erase iPhone " option at the bottom right of the screen. Let's get started with the steps.
- Tap on the "Erase iPhone " option.
- A new screen will appear; tap again on "Erase iPhone."
- You will be asked to input your Apple ID password to "Sign Out of Apple ID" to start the erase process.
- The erasing process will be started, and you can monitor the process on your locked iPhone screen.
- After the process the completed, your iPhone will restart automatically
Security lockout click erase iphone
How To Wipe An iPhone Using Find My Remotely?
Find My is Apple's global device tracking network. And when you have an Apple ID account, then mostly it's connected to Find My. This apple service lets you reset and erase your iPhone with the "Erase it with ease" option.
If your iPhone is synced with iCloud, then you can use the 'Find My' feature to erase all data from your iPhone remotely. This method is suitable for those who forgot the passcode and had access to iCloud.
- Firstly, on your locked iPhone, Find My must be enabled.
- On your locked iPhone, your iCloud account must be logged in
- Your iPhone shall have an active internet connection via Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- You must remember your Apple ID and password.
Steps Using iCloud Website
- Open iCloud's website and log in to your account on your laptop or computer.
- Click Find iPhone in the main menu
- A map will appear on all your devices. On the top left corner, Click "All Devices" and select your iPhone, which you want to wipe.
- Click "Erase iPhone " on the pop-up menu and confirm your choice.
- A pop-up will appear asking you for your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the two-factor authentication code received on your trusted device
- If your iPhone is connected to the internet, it will automatically reset immediately.
Click Find iPhone
Click all device and choose your device
Click erase iphone
Steps Using Find My App
If you don't have access to any laptop or computer, then you can use someone else's running iOS device. Let's get started.
- Tap the Find My app on the iOS device
- Log in to your iCloud account, which is linked to the locked iPhone
- Find the iPhone you are trying to unlock from the displayed list
- You will see the device's latest location along with other option
- Tap the "Action" button and then Tap "Erase iPhone."
- You will be asked for confirmation. After confirmation, your locked iPhone will automatically be reset.
How To Factory Reset An iPhone Using Finder Or iTunes?
If the above two methods don't work, you can factory reset your locked iPhone using Finder or iTunes. It erases all data from your iPhone, and you can access it without any passcode. But to use this method, you need to put your iPhone in 'Recovery Mode.'
What Is Recovery Mode?
Recovery mode is another name for troubleshooting mode, which is a built-in iOS feature. In the Recovery mode, you can use either the Finder app or iTunes app to fix any issue with your iPhone. It helps you erase your iPhone and set it up again using iTunes.
You don't need your passcode or password to enter into Recovery mode. And later, you can use iTunes to update the iOS software or restore the device.
To use this method, you need to make sure the following
- A PC or MAC is accessible
- You have a compatible USB cable
For PC, ensure you are running Windows 8 or higher and have installed the latest iTunes version.
If you have MAC and,
If macOS Catalina or the latest is running; open the Finder window
If macOS Mojave or older is running; download and install iTunes' latest version
- Switch off your iPhone before connecting it to a computer (Make sure you switch off your iPhone using the method according to your iPhone model)
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone SE (2nd & 3rd generation), and higher. At the same time, press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down button until the power off slider appears.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6s. Press and keep holding the side button until the power off slider appears.
- For iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 5s, and earlier. Likewise, until the power slider appears, press and hold the top button.
- Use the Side Button for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation), and higher models.
- Use the Volume Down Button for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Use the Home Button for iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 6s, and earlier models.
See the recovery mode screen
The iphone that requires it to be updated or restored
All of your media and other data will be erased
Why Do You Need To Erase Your iPhone Without A Password?
There can be various reasons why you may need to erase your iPhone without a password. Maybe you forgot your passcode or bought a used iPhone, and the previous owner didn't tell you the passcode. Or perhaps you are selling your iPhone and want to erase all your data before giving it away. You can try a few methods if you need to erase your iPhone without a password.
How To Wipe iPhone To Remove All Content And Settings?
You can do a factory reset if you need to erase everything from your iPhone and start from scratch. It deletes all your data, including your photos, apps, and files.
For a non-techy person, it may not be easy to understand how to do a factory reset. So you can use Mobitrix Lockaway to erase all the data from your iPhone with just a few clicks. Explore the above methods and use the one that is most convenient for you.
There are various reasons why you may need to erase your iPhone without a password. Now you know all about how to reset your iPhone without a passcode! Wiping your iPhone clean has never been easier.
Explore the above methods and use the one that is most convenient for you. Also, don't forget to try Mobitrix LockAway for an easy and quick solution. It's the best way to reset your iPhone without a passcode!