Did you forget your passcode? It can get worse if Face ID also does not recognize you. Entering too many wrong passcodes will lock you out of your device.
Don’t worry, I am here with five effective methods to help you unlock your iPhone without a passcode or face ID. Besides passcode and Face ID, did you know you can unlock your iPhone with voice control? Let’s jump right into the guide.
Method 1: How to unlock iPhone without Passcode or Face ID via the “Erase iPhone” Option (Without PC)
“Erase iPhone” is an Apple option on iOS 15.2 or later which basically bypasses your locked iPhone without a PC. In simpler words, it will erase all the data including the passcode on your iPhone and you can set it up as a new device.
Here are some requirements for using the “Erase iPhone” option before you move to the steps:
- Your Locked iPhone must run on iOS 15.2 or later.
- You must be signed in to your Apple ID before you get locked out of your iPhone otherwise, you will not see the “Erase iPhone” interface.
- Knowing the Apple ID and password is a must for this method.
- Your locked iPhone must have a secure Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
- To get to the Erase iPhone option in the “iPhone Unavailable try again in 15 minutes” interface, you need to enter the wrong passcode 7 times.
- Click the “Erase iPhone” option in the lower right corner of your iPhone’s screen and confirm it again.
- You will see the “Sign out of Apple ID” interface. Enter your Apple ID and password to proceed.
- Your iPhone will show erasing progress with the Apple logo and a bar.
- Wait for the progress to finish and your iPhone will restart automatically. Then you can set it up as a new device from scratch
Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes
Security lockout click erase iphone
Sign out of apple id interface
Showing the progress of the erase
1. After testing this method several times personally, I found that the 'Erase iPhone' button can stop working periodically. If you are unable to click it, you can enter the incorrect passcode one more time to get to the 'Security Lockout' interface again. This interface also has the 'Erase iPhone' option at the lower-right part. Now you can tap it successfully. However, if you still find the button not working, check the catalog to select another available method.
2. Apple has released the “Erase iPhone” option for limited iOS versions and iPhone models only. Therefore, you might not always find this option on your iPhone. Till now, Apple has not officially announced the reason behind the absence of this option in some iPhone models.
Are you unable to fulfill all the requirements above? Or couldn’t find the “Erase iPhone” option? Nothing to worry about because using a professional unlocking tool will easily solve the problem within 20 minutes
Method 2: How to unlock iPhone without Passcode or Face ID via Mobitrix LockAway (100% Success Rate)
A professional unlocking tool like Mobitrix LockAway is the best way to solve any issue related to iPhone lock as it is easier, faster, and always works like a charm. It helps you in unlocking your iPhone by removing your passcode or face ID within 20 minutes only. The R&D team of Mobitrix LockAway has an extensive experience of 10+ years in iOS cracking.
The tool can easily deal with the removal of a 4/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, Face ID, and Alphanumeric passcode. Mobitrix LockAway can help if you:
- Do not remember your iPhone screen passcode
- Entered too many incorrect passwords cause “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes”
- Got a second-hand iPhone
- Face/Touch ID isn’t working accurately
- iPhone Screen is cracked
The following is a step-by-step text guide, but if you're tired of reading the text, you can click this to watch the video tutorial directly.
- Download Download and Install Mobitrix LockAway
- Click “Unlock Screen Passcode” in the main menu
- Click Start to remove iPhone Passcode. And then Keyfile will be detected automatically
- Download and extract Keyfile Package
- Click “Start to Extract” after Keyfile has been downloaded successfully.
- When the extraction is complete, please click Start Unlock
- Unlock is complete.
Unlock screen passcode home
Unlock screen passcode product
Unlock screen passcode looking for keyfile
Unlock screen passcode download and verify keyfile
Unlock screen passcode firmware has been downloaded
Unlock screen passcode extraction complete
Unlock screen passcode unlock is complete
- The tool does not need iTunes.
- The user interface is super-easy even if you do not come with a technical background.
- Mobitrix LockAway comes with a 99% success rate.
- It is very fast and only takes 20 minutes to unlock your iPhone.
- It includes 100% privacy protection.
- The tool is compatible with iPhone 5s to iPhone 13 and iOS 12/13/14/15 and later.
For more details, you can also refer to the user guide page for unlocking the screen passcode.
Method 3: How to unlock iPhone without Passcode or Face ID via Find My (icloud.com)
“Find my” is an exceptional app to locate your lost or stolen devices. It also includes an ‘Erase’ feature that deletes all your data on the iPhone including the passcode. So you can get back into your device if you forget your passcode. For this method, you can visit icloud.com using a computer browser or any other phone browser
- “Find My” must be enabled on your locked iPhone.
- Your iCloud account must be signed in before being locked out
- Your iPhone must be connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- You must remember your Apple ID and password.
- Go to iCloud.com on a web or phone browser and enter your Apple ID and password
- Select “Find My” and enter your Apple ID password again to sign in
- Click All Device and select your device
- Choose “Erase iPhone.” Click Erase on the confirmation prompt. Enter the password again to continue
- You will receive a message with a verification code on your trusted device. Please enter it to continue.
- Enter your phone number and select next then done.
- The iCloud website prompts “Erase started” and your iPhone will display the erasing progress along with the white Apple logo. Wait for the process to finish erasing your iPhone. It will automatically restart when done. Go to your iPhone’s interface, swipe up and reset it.
- iPhone will show “iPhone locked to owner”, you need to enter your Apple ID and password. Now, you can set a new passcode.
Enter your apple id and password
Click Find iPhone
Enter your Apple ID password
Click all device and choose your device
Click erase iphone
Two factor authentication
Enter your phone number
Method 4: How to unlock an iPhone without a Passcode or Face ID via iTunes
Initially, Apple introduced iTunes in 2001 as a media software to play, download and manage audio and video files. In 2011, iTunes introduced iOS users to back up and sync data across multiple devices. The “Restore” option of iTunes can unlock your iPhone or iPad in case you forget your passcode.
Though iTunes can restore your device and give you the access to set it up as a new one, it is not recommended at all as a professional unlocking tool because of so many bugs. Last time, it was updated on December 7, 2020. For testing purposes, I experimented via iTunes and the whole procedure took 3 hours and I encountered different errors such as error 3004, error 3194, error 1100, error 4000, and error 4013.
If you still want to experiment with the iTunes unlocking process then here are the steps.
- A PC or Mac
- On a PC: Ensure the installation of Windows 8 or later and the latest version of iTunes.
- On a Mac:
- macOS Catalina or newer, launch a Finder window.
- macOS Mojave or older, install and open the latest version of iTunes.
1. Turn off your iPhone
- Disconnect your iPhone from the computer if you previously connected it.
- Turn your iPhone off according to the model of your iPhone:
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): Keep holding both the side button and the Volume down button until the power off slider appears.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6: Keep holding the side button until the power off slider appears.
- iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 5s, and earlier: Keep holding the top button until the power off slider appears.
2. Put your iPhone in recovery mode
- Get ready by finding the button on your iPhone that you'll need to hold in the next step:
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, and later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): use the side button.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: use the Volume down button
- iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 6s, and earlier: use the Home button.
3. Restore your iPhone
- Launch iTunes. iTunes will prompt, “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored” Select Restore.
- Confirm by clicking “Restore And Update” on the prompt “Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone to its factory settings? All of your media and other data will be erased”
- A pop-up will appear “iPhone software update.” Select next and click “Agree” on the terms. iTunes will start downloading the software for your iPhone and restore your iPhone when the download is complete.
- The download time depends on your internet speed and downloads source. Usually, it takes 20 minutes to 2 hours. You can check the download progress by clicking the download icon in the top-right corner
- After the download is completed, iTunes will show “iTunes will erase and restore your iPhone to iOS 15.4.1 and will verify the restore with Apple.” Choose the Restore.
- “Extracting software…” prompt on the screen indicates iOS 15.4.1 iTunes is preparing to restore the software on this iphone.
- The restore progress bar will be displayed on your iPhone with the white apple logo. The restoration process takes around 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the amount of data on your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will automatically restart when the restoration process is completed.
- Now, reset your iPhone and create a new passcode.
The iphone that requires it to be updated or restored
All of your media and other data will be erased
click this icon to check the download process
Preparing to restore the software on this iphone
Mobitrix LockAway is a faster way to remove iPhone passcode as compared to the uncertain iTunes restoring method. You can get back your iPhone in just 20 minutes with Mobitrix LockAway. Next, Let’s consider how you can set up a voice command to unlock your iPhone.
Method 5: How to unlock iPhone without Passcode or Face ID via Voice Control
The voice control feature lets you operate your device in a hands-free way by speaking commands such as making a call, texting someone, opening apps, taking screenshots as well as unlocking your iPhone without entering/typing the passcode. The voice control accessibility was introduced in iOS 13 and some additional features were also included in iOS 14.5.
It is a great feature for people with mobility issues. You can also take full advantage of the feature in case you are busy somewhere or can’t operate your iPhone with wet hands. Here are some requirements to set up voice commands followed by steps.
- iOS/ iPadOS 13 or later is a must to use voice commands.
- You need to disable Face ID before setting up a voice command.
- While setting up the voice command for the first time, your iPhone must be connected to a stable internet connection to download an essential file from Apple. After downloading the file, you no longer need an internet connection to use voice commands.
- Disable Face ID first. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Disable Face ID option.
- Open Settings again and go to the Accessibility tab.
- Launch the Voice Control option and choose to set up Voice Control.
- A file will start downloading if you are setting it up for the first time. Wait for it to finish.
- Select the “Customize Commands” option and then locate “Create New Command…”
- Enter a speakable command that you want to set to unlock your iPhone such as “Unlock my iPhone”.
- Choose “Action” and then select “Run Custom Gesture.”
- Select “Hide Controls” at the bottom of the screen.
- Create/Simulate a custom gesture of unlocking your iPhone manually such as swiping up first and entering your passcode digits.
- Choose to save, go back and save again.
- Check if the voice command you set has been activated.
It is the end of a super-informative guide with 5 different methods ready to unlock your iPhone without a passcode or face ID. All you need to do is pick up the right method according to your practical situation and follow the steps.
If you do not know which method will work best for you then I recommend using Mobitrix LockAway since it comes with a 99% success rate and is easy to use for people without a tech background.