How to Unlock iPhone with iTunes
Entering a wrong iPhone passcode continuously, the iPhone will be locked. What should you do when the iPhone is locked? In this post, you will learn how to unlock iPhone with iTunes and other better methods such as LockAway. Let’s get started.
Part 1: How to unlock iPhone with iTunes
To get rid of the annoying “iPhone is disabled” notification using iTunes, you will need a Mac or PC that has the latest iTunes installed, then proceed with the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone via a cable to the computer.
- Turn off the iPhone:
- iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, X, or 8 Plus: Simultaneously, long-press the down-volume and side buttons. When the power off sliders appears, power off the iPhone.
- For iPhone7/7Plus: Long-press the Side button and toggle the power slider off when it appears.
- For iPhone 6S or earlier: Long-press the Top/Side buttons. When the power off slider appears, toggle it off.
- Enter recovery mode:
- For iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, X, or 8: Connect the iPhone to the computer while long-pressing the Side button until it enters resume mode.
- For iPhone7/7Plus: Connect the iPhone to the computer while long-pressing the down-volume button until resume mode appears.
- For iPhone 6S or earlier: Connect the iPhone to the computer while long-pressing the home button until resume mode appears.
- Restore the iPhone.
- When prompted to “Restore” or “Update,” click “Restore.”
- The iPhone will be restored as new and unlocked with iTunes.
- You must have iTunes installed, the latest version.
- The process is complicated, and most users prefer using LockAway instead.
Part 2: How to unlock iPhone without iTunes
1. Use LockAway
LockAway is a professional tool that can unlock your iPhone instantly and effortlessly. LockAway has been designed to ensure you have a smooth time unlocking your iPhone and is a perfect alternative to iTunes.
To use LockAway, first, download and install LockAway, then follow the steps below:
- Open LockAway and connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Once the iPhone is detected, click “Start.”
- Click “Download.” LockAway will download the firmware it needs to fix the iPhone.
- Click “Start Unlock.”
Once the process completes, you will have your iPhone set it up to start using it.
Advantages of LockAway:
- Fixes the iPhone without using iCloud or iTunes.
- Fixes the iPhone instantly in easy steps.
- LockAway doesn’t need iCloud credentials to unlock the iPhone.
2. Unlock iPhone via “Find my iPhone.”
Using your iCloud account, you can unlock the iPhone by erasing it from the list of devices.
- From a browser, log in to your iCloud account
- Under Find your iPhone, click the “All Devices.”
- Click Erase[iPhone].
- Confirm by clicking “Erase” and enter your Apple credentials.
Once the iPhone is erased, it will be unlocked and restored to its default settings. You can restore your backup and continue using it.
This method is only applicable if the device is signed into iCloud and “Find my iPhone” is enabled.
This post discussed how to unlock iPhone with iTunes. Additionally, it introduced other methods to unlock the iPhone. Hopefully, you managed to unlock your iPhone.We recommend using LockAway to easily and instantly unlock your iPhone and fix you’re your iOS issues.